View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 "The Punisher" development updates and dicussion *RELEASED* 

Post Re: I'd like permission to release an old work of mine.
Hrmm...That's awfully similar, still, though. Maybe replace it with a rocket drill? That could be a cool weapon, and still maintain the concept, and it would work well with this color scheme.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 am

Make it a hand palm.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:57 am

Sigh I hate to be a downer, but it doesn't look like there is much hope left for this, I feel that Maxim may be on his last "can of enthusiasm".

Question:
Why not just got back to Maxim's original hand design it looked good, it was original (to a point), and I'm sure that with a few minor adjustments you can get that diamond shape and a sexy thruster in back, then your happy, I'm happy, LFOW is happy (to a point), and zalo can ease his finger off that red button. (The last thing we need is another nuke' en pave on a thread that is actively getting posts, because things have been sorta quiet around here lately)

or.....

Go with the rocket drill thing if Maxim has an extra "can" left. Actually I might have a drill sprite laying around (of course it'll have to be animated to look right in game).

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:00 am

Benpasko wrote:
Hrmm...That's awfully similar, still, though. Maybe replace it with a rocket drill? That could be a cool weapon, and still maintain the concept, and it would work well with this color scheme.

Is not, I made it from scratch except for the engine in back, but an engine is an engine. Any cone engine will look the same, don't be so picky. You could find that cone engine in 100 other mods, it's straight from Base.rte

Fine, I'll change it. Here, new version, 100 percent the work of Foogooman!

At the risk of repeating myself: Maxim, "So use this one from now on. It definitely needs some pretty-ing up though. I'm not very good at that :(

The size and shape are more-or-less what I want, but feel free to alter the shape or size slightly."

zeno39 wrote:
Sigh I hate to be a downer, but it doesn't look like there is much hope left for this, I feel that Maxim may be on his last "can of enthusiasm".

Question:
Why not just got back to Maxim's original hand design it looked good, it was original (to a point), and I'm sure that with a few minor adjustments you can get that diamond shape and a sexy thruster in back, then your happy, I'm happy, LFOW is happy (to a point), and zalo can ease his finger off that red button. (The last thing we need is another nuke' en pave on a thread that is actively getting posts, because things have been sorta quiet around here lately)

or.....

Go with the rocket drill thing if Maxim has an extra "can" left. Actually I might have a drill sprite laying around (of course it'll have to be animated to look right in game).

Maxim hasn't indicated that he is running out of enthusiasm, so don't put any ideas in his head. My first spriter quit on me, so don't put ideas in my head either :(

People are complaining that the one I made from scratch is still too similar(which it isn't!), anything even remotely close to LFOW's version won't be allowed to be released. This version is mine and it works just dandy in-game, so it's fine.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:42 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

For one, Foogooman, I'd like to thank you for being mature about this and being willing to go the extra mile to ensure it's as unique as possible.

Maximdude, same applies to you.

Also, official G.R.I.F seal of approval on the sideways fist; people are just retarded so screw them.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:33 am

Foogooman wrote:
mail2345 wrote:
Didn't I code up the crush fist over PMs? I remember coding some sort of physics weapon that didn't get released for someone.

Yep, that's was you :D

And I am eternally grateful! You put a lot of time into it, so thanks again.

And now it looks like I will be releasing it :D

No problem. Just hope my effort doesn't go to waste.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:53 am

mail2345 wrote:
Foogooman wrote:
mail2345 wrote:
Didn't I code up the crush fist over PMs? I remember coding some sort of physics weapon that didn't get released for someone.

Yep, that's was you :D

And I am eternally grateful! You put a lot of time into it, so thanks again.

And now it looks like I will be releasing it :D

No problem. Just hope my effort doesn't go to waste.

Oh don't worry, this mod is getting released no matter what this time 8)

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 am
Profile WWW

My 2 cents:

With all due respect; ♥♥♥♥ LFoW.

Mod however/whatever you want, make shiny ♥♥♥♥, if you can do it better, do it better. There is no original code/artwork anyways.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 am

Now THIS is a gun. Big thanks to Benpasko for convincing me to create a more deadly laser:
(not entirely finished, but you get the idea)

BUUUUUUT, it has one problem, not sure how I am going to fix it yet. For the gun to work how it currently does, it needs to have a high separation. For it to have a high separation and not end up shooting yourself in the back, you need to put the muzzleoffset WAAAAY out front. The massive muzzleoffset causes the gun to do this:

Looking down causes the gun to yank back like that. In the first gif, that's as far down as it goes before yanking back. So, I'll need to fix that...

I am going to bed now though. I'm sure I'll figure something out, but if anyone has any bright ideas on how to fix it, help is always appreciated.

Last edited by Foogooman on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Add the front of the gun as an non-hittable attachable.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:57 am

Kelas wrote:
My 2 cents:

With all due respect; screw LFoW.

Mod however/whatever you want, make shiny ♥♥♥♥, if you can do it better, do it better. There is no original code/artwork anyways.

*Internet high-five*
LoFW, quit being such a ♥♥♥♥♥.

Grif wrote:
For one, Foogooman, I'd like to thank you for being mature about this and being willing to go the extra mile to ensure it's as unique as possible.

Maximdude, same applies to you.

Also, official G.R.I.F seal of approval on the sideways fist; people are just retarded so screw them.

Thanks Grif. :D

@ Foogooman
Can't say that i'm running on my 'last can of enthusiasm', but I do find this quite tiering.
I'm not gonna abandon or anything though.

Just one thing; i'm gonna leave limb animating to you because I really suck doing it.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:10 pm
happy carebear mom

Kelas wrote:
Mod however/whatever you want, make shiny ♥♥♥♥, if you can do it better, do it better.

Your opinion on modding and how code/sprites should be handled is the same as my own. Imo it is unfortunate that we have to have copyright and restricted licenses on anything, much less derivative works such as mods.

However, I still have to do my job.

Good work Maxim and Foogoo, I, like Grif, applaud how you've maturely handled the requirements from LFoW.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:05 pm

Foogooman wrote:
For the gun to work how it currently does, it needs to have a high separation. For it to have a high separation and not end up shooting yourself in the back, you need to put the muzzleoffset WAAAAY out front. The massive muzzleoffset causes the gun to do this:<Funky crap>
Lua to teleport the particles where they need to be on Create() ?

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Photobucket. Do not use.
I can't see the pictures. Try tinypic or something, photobucket are nazis about bandwidth.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:34 pm
Profile WWW

Duh102 wrote:
Kelas wrote:
Mod however/whatever you want, make shiny ♥♥♥♥, if you can do it better, do it better.

Your opinion on modding and how code/sprites should be handled is the same as my own. Imo it is unfortunate that we have to have copyright and restricted licenses on anything, much less derivative works such as mods.

LFoW has not gone through this process: http://www.copyright.gov/eco/ (Or similar in whatever silly country he lives in.)
The most he can do really is grief and wallow in self pity.

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next