View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 "The Punisher" development updates and dicussion *RELEASED* 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: I'd like permission to release an old work of mine.
Dr. Evil wrote:
True enough. I was simply posting i an attempt to avoid conflict, but if you're confident in your ability to best LFoW (and, potentially, the mods), don't let me stop you :P
Also: Sign me up for PM distribution, when it should happen

I call third PM Slot!!!

I want fun things, but this fun thing reminds me of what my brother did when I was young, he always improved my design, ALWAYS.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 am

UPDATE: Just finished a TON of walkpath work.

LFOW's version had this weird staggering, it would walk a few feet then just stomp the ground a few times then keep walking. It would also fall a lot of the time, it's legs would buckle.

My version now never has that weird staggered walking. It's just all around better, covering more ground without weird little glitches. Mine still experiences the leg buckling phenomenon, but not as often. It's possible that there's no solution and it's an inherent flaw in large actors, but I'll certainly keep working on it.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 am
Profile WWW

YES. Any method of obtaining this mod, whether it's a release of some sorts, a PM, or a Coalition version with completely different sprites, would be very appreciated.
Or you could post step by step instructions so I could just recreate this myself. :P

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:24 am
Profile YIM
Banned

Instead of posting GIFs, you ought to focus on explaining how this is different. I am pretty content with the old Behemoth, so if you really want people to use your version when it is released, you ought to explain why I should bother. All I can see is new weapons.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile YIM

Can you please PM me the file? I would like it. Also, I want to make a sprite for some kind of machine gun. With a chainsaw.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:15 pm

ProjektTHOR wrote:
Instead of posting GIFs, you ought to focus on explaining how this is different. I am pretty content with the old Behemoth, so if you really want people to use your version when it is released, you ought to explain why I should bother. All I can see is new weapons.

Don't you see the side-by-side .gifs? He shows how tough his is, and from the looks of it, it's a whole lot tougher than the basic Behemoth. I still want him to pm me this, though, the more I think about it, the cooler it gets.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:17 pm
Banned

So he made it tougher and added some weapons. Great.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:27 pm
Profile YIM

ProjektTHOR wrote:
So he made it tougher and added some weapons. Great.

No, the tougher isn't the reason he made you look at them, it's because Foodoo's doesn't make the strange summersaults, and actually acts like it weights a couple of tons, while LFOW's just get's knocked back by everything.
The weapons are mostly just basic things, but this sturdy stance is something I've never seen anyone do before.

So stop saying this isn't an improvement.
BUT this doesn't mean he can just release his, if that is LFOW's will then we should respect that.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm
Banned

Not saying he hasn't improved it. I just don't see what's such a big deal about his changes.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 pm
Profile YIM
Loose Canon

He made it tougher and added more guns. He has addressed the two biggest flaws of the original work. The original was alreadt cool, and now it is functional as well as cool. That's why everyone is up in a tizzy.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile WWW

@THOR: He improved functionality in a couple of ways, firstly by increasing the joint strength so that a gentle breeze doesn't hurl the Behemoth into a mountain, and second by fixing the wonky walkpaths. The added weapons are also a plus even if they're just really resprites etc they're still added content that lengthens the fun you can have with the actor.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:04 pm
Loose Canon

Ragdollmaster wrote:
resprites

I cannot stand by and see this. These aren't resprites, they would be if he had just changed the sprite of the shotgun or the hand to something different, but instead he made new weapons all with the same sprite. Which is the exact opposite of a resprite.

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile WWW

This is great improvement!

Now it stands up like a Behemoth should, instead of folding up and rolling away when shot.

I hope LFOW approves this, or integrate it into an 'official' update (if that's going to ever happen).

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm

I like how it doesn't roll around, but I think you need to remember this is a dummy actor... why does the Drone Launcher shoot coalition drones?
Fix that, and maybe get LFoW to make more sprites for those new guns, then you're golden.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
I like how it doesn't roll around, but I think you need to remember this is a dummy actor... why does the Drone Launcher shoot coalition drones?
Fix that, and maybe get LFoW to make more sprites for those new guns, then you're golden.

I was editing it originally to make it a giant Coalition Robot, but like I've been saying, I could never find a spriter.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next