View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 9:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 "The Punisher" development updates and dicussion *RELEASED* 
Moderator Hero

Post Re: I'd like permission to release an old work of mine.
Enough. We have the original mod, until LFoW says otherwise, you should post progress on your modification but refrain from posting it please. If this argument continues I'm going to get drunk.

Then you'll be sorry.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Grif wrote:
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15726
Well then, it sure is a same numgun posted in this topic otherwise I'd just go post all his mods everywhere.
Or is numgun different because you people like him? Or because his mods are more "polished"? Higher quality, perhaps?

Keep in mind I exclusively announced that not any of my mods are to be shared or released. LFOW never said anything like that. ;)

And the behemoth is as good as my mods, its highly polished, balanced and well designed. Too bad those extra weapons like the drone launcher and the awesome laser weren't completed. I'd be great if Foogooman could do it since last time I saw LFOW machine broke or something.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:40 pm
happy carebear mom

numgun wrote:
LFOW never said anything like that.

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Foogooman wrote:
I am making my own version of this, and I would like to release it when it's finished with LowestFormOfWit's permission.
I'll be honest I'd rather you not considering this isn't even in a more perfect playable state yet, but PM me what you've got/ what you're doing and I'll take a look.

Now shaddup, no more of this. Final answer is final.*

*read the star in my last post.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Oh, as an update note, the RTE is completely independent from LFOW's version.

*REMOVED GIFS FROM THIS POST FOR BANDWIDTH*

ADDED GIFS TO THE OP

I'd hate for anyone to miss them just because they don't want to read the other pages.

Last edited by Foogooman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

I'm convinced, that is defenately better! :cool:
I hope LFOW allows you to release that, but even if he doesnt, could you still PM it to me?

Btw, are you going to use those sprites LFOW made for the laser and drone guns? They could work as whole new guns besides the laser shotgun rifle. Like a super weapon of sorts.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Hrmm...Well, if you could get a spriter, this could probably be re-released as an original thing, due to the huge changes in strength and weaponry. Someone sprite him a behemoth sized monstrosity!

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:00 pm

numgun wrote:
I'm convinced, that is defenately better! :cool:
I hope LFOW allows you to release that, but even if he doesnt, could you still PM it to me?

Btw, are you going to use those sprites LFOW made for the laser and drone guns? They could work as whole new guns besides the laser shotgun rifle. Like a super weapon of sorts.

Well thank numgun, that means a lot to me. For the time being, it's not even completely finished, and so there isn't much point in addressing private PM releases. When the time comes, I'll address it.

Yes, I suppose at this point I might as well use his sprites for the weapons. Initially I didn't because I still hoped to have my own sprites and I didn't want to waste time integrating his sprites if I was just going to switch to mine later. I don't think I really get what you mean by "they could work as whole new guns". I'd just be changing the sprites, or are you implying I should make another change? If so, what?

Benpasko wrote:
Hrmm...Well, if you could get a spriter, this could probably be re-released as an original thing, due to the huge changes in strength and weaponry. Someone sprite him a behemoth sized monstrosity!

Yes, if I had a spriter then I could definitely release this. At that point it's just a template work, same as what LFOW did to create the behemoth originally.

Well, I tried getting a spriter for quite some time. However, with all the commotion I'm causing, maybe this project will get more attention and I could get a spriter. Although, if I am waiting for a spriter then I'm not going to be integrating LFOW weapon sprites. Like I said before, I wouldn't want to waste time fine tuning the offsets and stuff just to have do it again later with different sprites. I think I'll work on the actual performance code tonight first. In the time I am working on that, if someone wants to find me a spriter, that would be fantastic.

For any spriters interested, I DO have concept art, courtesy of The Decaying Soldat:
*REMOVED FOR BANDWIDTH*

Last edited by Foogooman on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Hmm, I like Flamer one, and the 4 tube drone launcher if the barrels are the magazines, or the top mounted one.

I support you, your wares are heavy sex.

Is that the Coalition Behemoth :O ?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 am
Loose Canon

No, it's concept art of the Coalition Behemoth. :pipe:

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 am
Profile WWW

Foa wrote:
Hmm, I like Flamer one, and the 4 tube drone launcher if the barrels are the magazines, or the top mounted one.

I support you, your wares are heavy sex.

Is that the Coalition Behemoth :O ?

Coalition Punisher, actually ;)

The story I had in mind was that the Dummy enemies built their behemoth and used it to take over coalition territory. So the coalition built the Punisher, to punish the dummies and regain their lost ground.

*sigh*, now I really do want to find a spriter and make it completely my own. When I first made this topic I assumed there was no hope in finishing the Punisher because no one would sprite it, and to be honest I just wanted to release it so I could finally be done with it :P

If someone wants to make the sprites, that would be awesome. PM me if you're interested, anyone.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am
Profile WWW

Looks great, less annoying things, more polished, greater variety, etc etc. Could you PM it to me?

Also LFoW's wishes should be respected- he doesn't want modifications of his work being publicly released. Unless he changes his mind, a 'community census' won't do anything, nor will the moderation team.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:30 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Looks great, less annoying things, more polished, greater variety, etc etc. Could you PM it to me?

Also LFoW's wishes should be respected- he doesn't want modifications of his work being publicly released. Unless he changes his mind, a 'community census' won't do anything, nor will the moderation team.

Yeah, I don't know if you read the whole thread or not but yes, that would be apparent.

Like I said, it's not yet finished. I am working a bit slow because I'm not even sure if I want to try once more to find another spriter or to use LFOW sprites. Once it's finished I will address PM releases.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:35 am
Profile WWW

Would it be against the rules to simply release the new actor/script files with instructions on how to sub them into the existing LFoW DL?

Alternate version!
I could just code you a .exe which would automatically do the same thing if the above would be to complicated.
All you'd have to do would be replace any lines not your own with a symbol, * for example, and remove any of LFoW's images.
Users would place LFoW's .rte into a folder, open the .exe and persto! Infringement-free mod distribution!

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:37 am

Dr. Evil wrote:
Would it be against the rules to simply release the new actor/script files with instructions on how to sub them into the existing LFoW DL?

Alternate version!
I could just code you a .exe which would automatically do the same thing if the above would be to complicated.
All you'd have to do would be replace any lines not your own with a symbol, * for example, and remove any of LFoW's images.
Users would place LFoW's .rte into a folder, open the .exe and persto! Infringement-free mod distribution!

Nah, that's sloppy. Besides, my version is a stand-alone RTE already. No need to do all that nonsense.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 am
Profile WWW

True enough. I was simply posting i an attempt to avoid conflict, but if you're confident in your ability to best LFoW (and, potentially, the mods), don't let me stop you :P
Also: Sign me up for PM distribution, when it should happen

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next