View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 looking for help (whitebot brainbot) 

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Post Re: looking for help (whitebot brainbot)
Yeah.
Anyway, you might wanna give the different hands different images, for the different guns :P.
And the attachments will make the Brain mech even stronger, don't forget.
Oh my god, I can't believe someone's finally making this :shock: :D

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:41 pm

Still needs more gib sprites. Otherwise this is ready to be coded. I could do that tomorrow or maybe later, depending on how lazy I feel.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:57 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Yeah.
Anyway, you might wanna give the different hands different images, for the different guns :P.
And the attachments will make the Brain mech even stronger, don't forget.
Oh my god, I can't believe someone's finally making this :shock: :D

ok i can do that i experimented with changing the hands a bit already
as for the specs does the info i gave you help? ooh and i pm-ed numgun about his thermal regeneration to ask how it works because i was hopelessly lost trying to figure that out :roll:
... i will make a few hands later and i will make them match the concept drawing ones the best i can. much later though i'm still tired of spriting but i will do it promise.
piipu wrote:
Still needs more gib sprites. Otherwise this is ready to be coded. I could do that tomorrow or maybe later, depending on how lazy I feel.

that would be greatly appreciated piipu

*edit*

made a small sprite change after a several hour break
this is for when the bot switches between weapons so you can tell what you have equipped also for fun i made a hand for open and closed fingers... don't know what that would be good for but its there and it looks like it could pinch you vary hard :dead:

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:59 pm

I go for closed hands. In case it wants to pick up other weapons it will still look good with them. The open hands are more menacing, but would be good to hold anything.

Oh man, this is all coming true!!!

Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Or you could have a pre-equipped one with null hands and two weapons, one with the open hand, one with the closed hand... the result being that it'd appear to have an inbuilt weapons system arm...

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 pm
Profile WWW

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Hey, you used the old blaster gauntlet! I will take these and make weapons. If you want the hand to change, then it'll be a tricky job. Do you want me to turn the claw into a melee weapon?
EDIT: They're too big. I need them normal sized, man.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
Hey, you used the old blaster gauntlet! I will take these and make weapons. If you want the hand to change, then it'll be a tricky job. Do you want me to turn the claw into a melee weapon?
EDIT: They're too big. I need them normal sized, man.

yes that would be great

this is the project file so download the hell out of it
http://files.filefront.com/13663358

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:54 pm

The legs need actual animation, not just magical shortening. It will look awful. I'm currently converting the sprites to separate .bmps, it would've been a lot easier if you'd done it. Also, you have one hell of a file structure for a single unit.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:57 pm

piipu wrote:
The legs need actual animation, not just magical shortening. It will look awful. I'm currently converting the sprites to separate .bmps, it would've been a lot easier if you'd done it. Also, you have one hell of a file structure for a single unit.

lol sorry about that it was really late last night when i worked on it ... and i have never animated legs before so i looked at a few walking mechs other people did and made my legs work like that
but yes your right i might look bad and needs to be redone

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:03 pm

I just took a bit of time to draw a picture of what I feel a 2d brain mech would look like
legs are partially obscured, but I think you can see the picture

I would advise whoever implements this (not talking about my picture anymore) to make the standing animation have the bgleg be at the end of its strode. and the fgleg to be at the beginning, so it doesn't have two legs at the back or two at the front at the same time. That way it just looks like it is about to fall over.

Attachments:
brain mech.png [20.81 KiB]
Downloaded 27 times
Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Indeed. Good idea! Too bad I can't do limbpaths :P

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 pm

piipu this leg animation is kicking my butt, but does this look better?
maybe someone here has some tips for me

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:53 am

A little confused, is there a working version of this yet or not?

And btw, I am willing to help, but i am not a good modder so there is probably nothing I can do that someone else can't do better. (Am not a good artist either)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:33 am
Profile WWW

that new animation looks pretty good, but I'm pretty sure it has a foot on it too. Yours seems to end too abruptly.
edit: oh, that probably is just the leg without a foot...
I'd like to see what it looks like with a foot on it to really be sure it looks good.

edit2: im looking at the animation again, and it seems like the thigh part is changing shape.. I would keep its proportions a bit more similar from beginning to end. Also it doesn't seem to move very much. To be able to lift the lower leg parts as much as they do in your animation, humans generally have to lift the thigh a good 45 degrees. I don't really see that in your animation.

edit3: it might be easier to animate if the middle, thin section was not so long. Also I think it is connected a bit higher on the leg. Yours goes pretty much into the middle, but in the picture it seems to go almost at the top. It's angle of entry into the lower leg should change a lot as the leg is raised. I also happen to think it would get shorter as the leg is lifted.

edit4: i'd like to see the entire bot assembled, see how it looks all together. Make sure all the parts are in good proportion to each other before you start animating them.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 am

Aspect wrote:
that new animation looks pretty good, but I'm pretty sure it has a foot on it too. Yours seems to end too abruptly.
edit: oh, that probably is just the leg without a foot...
I'd like to see what it looks like with a foot on it to really be sure it looks good.

edit2: im looking at the animation again, and it seems like the thigh part is changing shape.. I would keep its proportions a bit more similar from beginning to end. Also it doesn't seem to move very much. To be able to lift the lower leg parts as much as they do in your animation, humans generally have to lift the thigh a good 45 degrees. I don't really see that in your animation.

edit3: it might be easier to animate if the middle, thin section was not so long. Also I think it is connected a bit higher on the leg. Yours goes pretty much into the middle, but in the picture it seems to go almost at the top. It's angle of entry into the lower leg should change a lot as the leg is raised. I also happen to think it would get shorter as the leg is lifted.

edit4: i'd like to see the entire bot assembled, see how it looks all together. Make sure all the parts are in good proportion to each other before you start animating them.

the full picture is here but as you can already see it has some problems
http://files.filefront.com/13663358

and here is the legs again with the foot added

i will make a new picture with all the parts on it for you too ... soon
in the mean time here's 2 gifs i made
Image this is like a swiss army arm :D

this leg animation looks wrong but i cant figure out what i did wrong :oops:

Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next