View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Real Ragdoll 

Post Real Ragdoll
Hey, I see the ragdoll in CC is good, but no the physics of the body, if you know what I mean. Like, there is a mountain and you want someone to go on top of it and go rolling down hill just to have fun. What happens? He just stay walking on the mountain. So, what I want, is a mod that make those unrealistic physics, become realistic. That must be hard, I know, but come on! Weegee made a freaking RPG out of a side-scroll 2D game where you must defend or attack a bunker. Crow made a Cortex Command HUGE modification, making it more realistic with realistic weapons.

And, let's not forget, Data Realms made Cortex Command.
So guys, what would make you NOT do a simple request? (I'm not talking about my request, I am talking about everyone's request that don't get taken)

Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Post Re: Real Ragdoll
I don't think you can tamper with physics through Lua, at least not without writing your own, super-laggy Lua physics engine. I'd gladly be wrong though.

Anyway, I'm sorry to get slightly off-topic here (since I certainly can't help you), but what is this mod of Crow's you're talking about?

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:18 am

Brutality Mod, and sorry for the off-topic :-( I just want to make people get some dedication to making mods, not that I DEMAND mods, I just can't make them and really want other people to make them.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:36 am

I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure that kind of thing is hard-coded, like, for example, in build 23 the legs would stay stiff outwards as you flipped around. A real rag-doll seems unnecessary to me, as you would not flop around like a fish if you fell off a cliff, you would move.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 am

Joseh123 wrote:
I just want to make people get some dedication to making mods,
People mod as a result of the dedication towards their mod. This dedication eventually dies, though, because modders have lives and obligations, too.

In response to the thread;
Sallen wrote:
at least not without writing your own, super-laggy Lua physics engine.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]