View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Steampunk WW2 

Post Steampunk WW2
so after listening to some music and watching a video that REALLY reminds me of red alert, i began thinking of a russian army, but then that is very overdone recently. so what about a future russian army....sadly nothing come to mind that isn't already over done.

So what about a steampunk Russian army? not just any steampunk russian army, The one based in victorian age. in otherwords Victoria age UK , Germany , Russia, America, italy etc. all in a world war using steampunk ideas from a range of different things.

now since i just thought of this idea pretty much 5 mins ago as i type this they'res pretty much nothing on board, but to help some people get into the idea of what i mean or what i require, if anyone played the RTS game Rise of legends you should be aware of the Vinci kingdom (which is a fully based steampunkian faction with Da vinci inspired material and stuff) and for those who doesn't. here is some Concept art of some of the stuff it contains.

Now of course those images will only suit the italian army of this steampunk army pack (which is a good place to start considering there no need to make ♥♥♥♥ up in order to carry it on)
the main differences between each army is supported in what they do best. For example the italian have good mobility units and decent weaponary however lack in the armour thus easily lose a lot of men in a large open fight (follow the hit and run tactic of a sort with a few heavy tank like units)

The Steampunk nazi's well seem overpowered mainly cause i have a personal fandom towards the germans but alas, they shall have the most high tech and high powerful stuff in almost everything (and everything else will fall to the american / russians towards a certain area) however as a result require more funds to create it and have a high chance of ♥♥♥♥ being ♥♥♥♥ up if their air transports get ♥♥♥♥ up.

the steampunk americans and british will almost be simliar other than a few differences, the british will have elite commando type units (high cost high armor etc) while the american has the ability to.."drop pod" units in. (acting as the paratroopers, while the germans also have this the americans have better forms of drop pods) the american and british are inbetween the germans and Italian in armor while soldiers themselves are decent or slightly above the norm.

Now the steampunk russians, they're most likely be the "zerg Rush" of the armies. start off with the Free conscript. yes i said that right. a FREE actor. who is just your normal run of the mill soldier. expect them to die within seconds of enemy gunfire. however their armour units are equal or just slighter under the quality as the germans armor units.

those will be the general layout, of course they will need changing to suit the cortex command limitations and other things.

as with all of my mods the community is very welcome to pop in and throw anything they want into the mix without asking they want too. by this i simply mean i'm not bothered if anyone wants to come in out of the blue and decide to sprite somthing or even code somthing (as long as it's revelant)

For now i'll be spriting some weapons and a few templates for the italian army

Just so people know the name and name of each factions are still in WIP, what they are really is just based on the country during the 2nd world war, however they will only bear some simliaties in terms of apperances (such as the germans being heavily armoured and such while the americans being...well americans.)

in terms of where we start id rather leave the best to last, so it will be italians american / british Russian and then germans. Of course these factions are not the only one going to be into this, when i learn a bit more about other countrys who joined the war and also did a fair amount of stuff i'll make little factions or sub factions for them (good examples of these are the french and Fininish, while i know both country was in the war i don't have much information on what either one bloody did.)

Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:58 pm

Post Re: Steampunk WW2
Steampunk WW2, you say?

;)

Interesting mod concept, anyway. I look forward to seeing the results.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Steampunk WW2
Less WW2 more Victorian in a way but it mainly based on the countrys in WW2,

and as of now i'm looking around to see what weapon style would suit the Italian. i'm oddly going for Clockwork style guns and a few other things while the americans will go for Revolver style weapons ( a revolver rifle for example) and the english will just go for pure power flintlock and the germans are more bolt action.

as of now that is but it may change. oddly i already have a fixtation on how the germans will look but i rather leave the best to last xD.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]