View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 10:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Yeah we discussed that a while back. I believe we came to the conclusion that it's pretty much bunk.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:23 am

Cadwaller wrote:
If the number of pill you're taking exceeds the cap for acetaminophen dosage, then you have to do a cold water extraction to remove the acetaminophen. This is an extremely simple and efficient process which basically involves dissolving your pills in cold water, straining the water through a filter, and removing the stuff caught in the filter. Then you can either drink the water or evaporate it, giving you a pure powder of the psychoactive you were trying to extract.
Tips for filtration:
Make sure your filter holes are fine enough to stop the particles of what you are trying to filter out.
Using colder water will reduce the amount of things that will be dissolved in the water. You probably don't need to have high purity or high amount of product though, so you probably won't need to bother with this.
If you intend to check how much you've filtered out to figure out the optimal conditions for filtration, make sure you wash your filtrate with a limited amount of cold water (while it is still on the filter) and thoroughly dry it before weighing.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:40 am
Profile WWW

Duh102 wrote:
Yeah we discussed that a while back. I believe we came to the conclusion that it's pretty much bunk.

Except that it isn't. I'm not making claims that its strong, but I know when I am experiencing a drug. I know I lack susceptibility to placebo because I have often done substances with alot of hype, such as benzodiazepines, and experienced hardly any effects when I was expecting strong ones.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:45 am

Yeah, uh, it's total bull♥♥♥♥ and has no real effect. It's a total placebo thing, regardless of what you think.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Cadwaller wrote:
I know I lack susceptibility to placebo because I have often done substances with alot of hype, such as benzodiazepines, and experienced hardly any effects when I was expecting strong ones.
That's not a particularly strong argument, to be honest.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

Cadwaller wrote:
I know I lack susceptibility to placebo

Being susceptible to placebos is not a binary effect. You could for instance be perfectly susceptible to I Dosers but not sugar pills.
So, the burden of proof is on you seeing as you're saying they work. Find a rigorous clinical study that compared I Dosers to regular drugs that finds a significant positive result. The only study I could find was poorly made (8 adults? What a joke!), not controlled (Well there's a glaring problem), and found no link to having drug-like experiences, only some vague relaxation effects.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:42 pm

I don't see why people are so inclined to being excessively skeptical even in circumstances where there is hardly any negative impact from trying the thing yourself. If the thing works and you like it and its no trouble to try it out then its hardly relevant to waste time emphasizing the lack of scientific evidence behind it. I know, for example, that weed gets me high, and I do not feel a need to back this up with studies supporting this subjective experience. In the same way, its sometimes more effective to use something yourself like i doser rather than getting bogged down in unproductive skepticism.

Edit: also, those weren't drug-emulating binaural beats being used in the study you talked about

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:20 pm
DRLGrump

Oh, that reminds me. I found someone who sells Oxys. Does anyone know how long they stay in your system for?

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:13 pm
happy carebear mom

Cadwaller wrote:
I don't see why people are so inclined to being excessively skeptical even in circumstances where there is hardly any negative impact from trying the thing yourself.

Fine, here have a claim that has as much backing as yours.
IDosers cause your brain to form holes and turn to jelly after prolonged use. IDosers will eventually turn you into a zombie if you use them repeatedly for more than five minutes at a stretch.

Prove me wrong.

EDIT: Oh and have some anecdotal evidence: My friend tried it and had a really bad nosebleed soon after.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Woah sorry for starting the placebo discussion. Anyways I'm with Cadwaller, if it works, who the ♥♥♥♥ cares if it is due to placebo or not? Just because it isn't back scientifically doesn't mean it isn't useful as a recreational drug.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:03 pm
happy carebear mom

Because if it's not a placebo, then there may be side effects you are not aware of.
Just as if you didn't know what the side effects of any recreational drug. Not knowing exactly which mushroom is poisonous for example. Messing with your mind is dangerous if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

EDIT: And if it is a placebo, then the point would be if there are easier ways to experience the same mental effects, like putting half pingpong balls on your eyes. While you can torrent this, there are still people buying it and wasting money.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:32 pm

Cadwaller wrote:
Duh102 wrote:

Except that it isn't. I'm not making claims that its strong, but I know when I am experiencing a drug.

*buzzer* Stop right there! This is an idiotic claim.
Quote:
I know I lack susceptibility to placebo because I have often done substances with alot of hype, such as benzodiazepines, and experienced hardly any effects when I was expecting strong ones.

That's not how that works sorry.
Quote:
Yeah, uh, it's total bull♥♥♥♥ and has no real effect. It's a total placebo thing, regardless of what you think.

A placebo effect is still a real effect.
Quote:
I don't see why people are so inclined to being excessively skeptical even in circumstances where there is hardly any negative impact from trying the thing yourself.

As anyone who has tried i-doser with a skeptic's mind can tell you, it's a placebo effect.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_experiment
This article, associated articles, and their citations are all pretty interesting. If you're not as tired of this subject as I am then you can give it a read.
Quote:
I know, for example, that weed gets me high, and I do not feel a need to back this up with studies supporting this subjective experience. In the same way, its sometimes more effective to use something yourself like i doser rather than getting bogged down in unproductive skepticism.

This is an excellent mindset to have and I applaud you for it.
Quote:
Edit: also, those weren't drug-emulating binaural beats being used in the study you talked about

This argument is paper thin and I'm sure you know why.

I HOPE WE HAVE ALL LEARNED AN IMPORTANT LESSON ABOUT BRINGING ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IN HERE.
That lesson is that soon after I will dismantle your argument and make you look the fool (even though that didn't happen to cadwaller).

Quote:
Oh, that reminds me. I found someone who sells Oxys. Does anyone know how long they stay in your system for?

Please stop asking questions like this.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:44 am
DRLGrump

Oph, I understand where you're coming from, but I'd already googled it, and I'd gotten all sorts of different answers. Some say it doesn't matter, because it doesn't show up, some say a week, some say 24 hours. I'd like a little bit of certainty.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:29 am

Well specify that from now on, laddie, I don't mind helping you find answers, I just hate finding them for you.
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/tes ... nfo1.shtml
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=266339 <- this is extremely useful if you are at all interested in IV drugs

Go nuts, kid.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 am

So I tried to use a bowl and I don't know what the ♥♥♥♥ I'm supposed to do with the carb. I finally actually got kinda high, but is it supposed to rape your lungs that much? I was coughing for a good five minutes after taking a hit. Worth it, yeah, but I'd rather not deal with the discomfort.

Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 79  Next