View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Note: Piracetam is not a placebo.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:01 am

I took a ♥♥♥♥ of Focalin (Dexmethylphenidate) a while back and I was high outta my mind. I would focus on one single thought for what seemed like hours but turned out only to be minutes.

Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:16 am

The time it takes for Piracetam to kick in varies between several hours to several weeks, depends on neurochemistry. Also, just added I'n the vinpoctine, it's a pretty great stack. Also, about the whole placebo argument, Ive had much more vivid dreams already, I doubt a placebo would do that.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:55 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ragdollmaster wrote:
Sugar pills are the ♥♥♥♥.

For a second I thought I was the only guy who used them.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:30 am

lafe wrote:
The time it takes for Piracetam to kick in varies between several hours to several weeks, depends on neurochemistry. Also, just added I'n the vinpoctine, it's a pretty great stack. Also, about the whole placebo argument, Ive had much more vivid dreams already, I doubt a placebo would do that.

I'd have thought affecting dreams is exactly the sort of thing a placebo would do.

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:07 am

Placebos can do a great deal of things which you wouldn't expect.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile WWW

The human brain in general can fool your body into doing some freaky ♥♥♥♥. See mass hysteria as a good example.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:44 pm
DRLGrump

You should update the OP with deliriousness and benzoids.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:50 pm

You mean deliriants and benzodiazepenes?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:08 pm
DRLGrump

...yes...I don't know why I put deliriousness. I'm pretty positive that was a spelling check error.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm using a codeine/Tylenol pill to alleviate migraines. How much water should I be drinking to keep my kidneys/liver healthy?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:01 am

If you're not using it recreationally, you don't really have to worry about your liver. Just take the dose that was recommended by your doctor. Drugs like codeine/acetaminophen (Tylenol = acetaminophen) are formulated with the acetaminophen so that they slowly kill someone who is abusing them through liver damage but cause no liver damage to people taking them at the intended dosages. The cap for liver damage in Acetaminophen is 4000 mg, which means that you can take 4 10mg hydrocodone vicodins that each have 1000 mg of acetaminophen in them and not risk liver damage. Although dosing yourself on the margin of liver damage isn't a good habit to make, as long as you don't make a habit of abusing pills with acetaminophen in them, your liver will have time to completely recover and also keep your tolerance low for the psychoactive portion of the pill.

If the number of pill you're taking exceeds the cap for acetaminophen dosage, then you have to do a cold water extraction to remove the acetaminophen. This is an extremely simple and efficient process which basically involves dissolving your pills in cold water, straining the water through a filter, and removing the stuff caught in the filter. Then you can either drink the water or evaporate it, giving you a pure powder of the psychoactive you were trying to extract.

Last edited by Cadwaller on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Cadwaller wrote:
If you're not using it recreationally, you don't really have to worry about your liver. Just take the dose that was recommended by your doctor.

^

Tylenol, like almost any other OTC drug, isn't at all dangerous when taken in the recommended dosage, unless you're allergic to one of the ingredients or something.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Cadwaller wrote:
If you're not using it recreationally, you don't really have to worry about your liver. Just take the dose that was recommended by your doctor. Drugs like codeine/acetaminophen (Tylenol = acetaminophen) are formulated with the acetaminophen so that they slowly kill someone who is abusing them through liver damage but cause no liver damage to people taking them at the intended dosages. The cap for liver damage in Acetaminophen is 4000 mg, which means that you can take 4 10mg hydrocodone vicodins that each have 1000 mg of acetaminophen in them and not risk liver damage. Although dosing yourself on the margin of liver damage isn't a good habit to make, as long as you don't make a habit of abusing pills with acetaminophen in them, your liver will have time to completely recover and also keep your tolerance low for the psychoactive portion of the pill.

If the number of pill you're taking exceeds the cap for acetaminophen dosage, then you have to do a cold water extraction to remove the acetaminophen. This is an extremely simple and efficient process which basically involves dissolving your pills in cold water, straining the water through a filter, and removing the stuff caught in the filter. Then you can either drink the water or evaporate it, giving you a pure powder of the psychoactive you were trying to extract.

This works because APAP (acetaminophen) is insoluble in water.
Quote:
I'm using a codeine/Tylenol pill to alleviate migraines. How much water should I be drinking to keep my kidneys/liver healthy?

1.5-2 liters/day

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

A little fun thing for people who don't want to try drugs but are interested in the effects- I doser is an interesting program which uses "binaural beats", or sound files running at different frequencies to cause the brain to marginally experience the effects of certain drugs. Although there is very little scientific explanation for this supposed phenomenon, some of the "doses" give a 1-dimensional taste of the drug that they emulate for some people, so its worth trying them out to see if they work for you, as there are tons of torrents with all of the files available. I've tried several and only marijuana and demerol work for me; marijuana creates the sensation of the initial rush when weed comes on for a brief period and demerol causes suprisingly strong nodding and opiate-like relaxation. Although perhaps these files work party by simply relaxing the person via continuous homogenous noise into a state where they're more susceptible to the placebo effect, I've had some effects which were weak but easily distinguishable from placebo.

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61 ... 79  Next