View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 104  Next
 Post Your Own Pictures. 

Post Re: Post Your Own Pictures.
Cool. Any explanation, or are you just like that?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:31 am

He's being anon.

Why hasn't dauss posted that movember win picture here?

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 am
Profile WWW

I like to think I'm more of a classy stalker.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:38 pm

STALKER TIME

EDIT:
oh wow I just had a windmill epiphany check my sig for the video
so happy

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 am

I hadn't been paintballing in just shy of four years, so when a friend invited me (and a lot of other mates) along to his place and said he'd only charge us for paintballs, I said sure.

Lazy shot of the only hit that's likely to do anything interesting.
My shoulders look weird from that angle but I'm tired so this is the best you're getting. If you look closely and squint though my webcam's terrible resolution you can see a cut on my neck. I've never had a paintball break the skin like that before (even though it is a tiny cut) but it doesn't look or feel like it'll bruise.
The one on my shoulder however hurt like a ♥♥♥♥, some trigger happy newbie ignored the whole 10 metre rule and shot me from 5m away after I'd already been hit and gone down <_< thanks buddy I really appreciate it.

All in all a good day though, 4 hours of sweaty fun, especially once we took the hoppers off and played single shot.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 am
Profile WWW

Wait, 10 meter rule?! What was the muzzle velocity on those guns?!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Major wrote:
Wait, 10 meter rule?! What was the muzzle velocity on those guns?!!

^this^ Although I remember the one time I played paintball in Spain, ♥♥♥♥ used motorcycle helmets with holes in front of your mouth, big holes, so the one ball that hit me burst my upper lip and it remained swollen for the next 2 weeks. I will never do this again.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Just the usual cheerful 90 m/s with fresh CO2 tanks. We're not playing with tournament style armour, we're playing woodball so while torso shots don't hurt much at all due to the padded armour vests, getting hit anywhere else has the potential to hurt almost as much as it would on bare skin as we're wearing only lightweight camo suits over casual wear. My legs were pretty well protected as I had denim on underneath but my arms and shoulders copped a good beating.

Also motorcycling helmets would be a bad idea for paintball as the visors could shatter and they weigh a hell of a lot more than the usual masks.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
Also motorcycling helmets would be a bad idea for paintball as the visors could shatter and they weigh a hell of a lot more than the usual masks.

I'm no expert on helmets, but wouldn't a helmet designed to protect the user from crashes be adequate for paintball?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 am
Loose Canon

Hitting your head =/= a paintball to the face.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:17 am
Profile WWW

Hyperkultra wrote:
Hitting your head =/= a paintball to the face.

It's still impact, and if the helmet meets ANSI standards it would be more than capable. Be aware I have no idea what most motorcycle helmets are rated at, (DOT?) so feel free to correct me.

I wonder if anyone has gone onto a paintball field with mesh goggles..

Also, while we're on the topic of paintball, check out my bud's ghillie suit he made for airsoft:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:53 am

The major point is that a motorcycle helmet is WAAAAY too bulky, I'm not that unfit but still, after an hour of paitball, the mask feels like it is 100 degrees, is really stuffy and is dripping with sweat. And a paint ball mask doesn't even fully enclose your head, and it's pretty well ventilated. I can't even imagine how I would feel wearing a motorcycle helmet for an hour, let alone playing paintball in it.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:07 am

My point in relation to the visor was more the visors on some helmets, particularly cheaper ones are merely hardened plastic and not shatter resistant. My cousin got his nose torn up pretty badly in a collision involving such a helmet, and he's still got some crazy scars because of it.

The extra weight and reduced ventilation is the major issue though.

The ghillie suit looks like it needs a tan rag around the face, but blends in very nicely :)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:50 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
My point in relation to the visor was more the visors on some helmets, particularly cheaper ones are merely hardened plastic and not shatter resistant. My cousin got his nose torn up pretty badly in a collision involving such a helmet, and he's still got some crazy scars because of it.

Ah yeah I gotcha. I thought they'd have to meet some pretty stringent standards, I guess not.

Someone said something about parkour pics a few pages back, I made a vid and pulled some shots from it:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:55 am

Nice roll.

They technically should have to pass standards testing but as I said, sometimes cheap helmets don't.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1548 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46 ... 104  Next