View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Well, more power to you then.
I still advise not bothering, they're paid to keep people like you from speaking when they're trying to brainwash the childrens.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:52 am

Duh102 wrote:
people like you

:-(

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 am

Duh102 wrote:
brainwash the childrens.

grawr drugs bad.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 am
Profile WWW

I've been considering approaching schools in the area to let me talk to people, but I sincerely doubt it would happen :v

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 am
Profile WWW

Mmmn, maybe if you got a solid qualification on the subject, to prove you know what you're talking about from an "I have the paperwork" point of view it might, but I doubt they'd just let you walk in and start chatting to the kids about why drugs are awesome otherwise..

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:04 am
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Can anyone lemme know what the average price on a gram of shrooms is?

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Tomaster wrote:

Uh there's a lot of variance and it's basically whatever he wants to charge you. Make sure you buy them dried, wet weight isn't representative of dosage. I say ♥♥♥♥ that guy and grow your own, also you'll need more than one gram to trip.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Ophanim wrote:
Tomaster wrote:

Uh there's a lot of variance and it's basically whatever he wants to charge you. Make sure you buy them dried, wet weight isn't representative of dosage. I say ♥♥♥♥ that guy and grow your own, also you'll need more than one gram to trip.

He's offering $10/g. Which doesn't seem too bad to me. And if I knew how to grow them, and had enough motivation, I would.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Well I'd take about 2 grams your first time and a hit of acid costs ten bucks. Common price is 20 an eighth. You'd pay 35 an eighth at your price. It's not unheard of, but it's high. Tell him his price is high, and ask him to lower it, politely. Nobody's gonna get mad at you for asking for a lower price. Just like "Isn't that a little high man?" or something will suffice.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile WWW

House Democrats have scheduled a horrible drug war bill for a vote tomorrow (Wednesday). The Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2010 (H.R. 5231), written by Rep. Lamar Smith (a Republican drug war extremist), would expand problematic drug conspiracy laws, apply mandatory minimum drug sentences to more people, increase racial disparities, and subject Americans to incarceration for drug offenses and public health interventions that are legal in the foreign country in which they’re committed. It expands the drug war at a time that most Americans want major drug policy reform.

PLEASE:

1. Call Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi at 202-225-0100. When the receptionist answers, say something like: "I'm calling to urge Speaker Pelosi to cancel the vote on the Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act that is scheduled for tomorrow. It is shameful that Democrats are considering expanding the war on drugs, a war that is being waged primarily on young people and communities of color. I can’t believe Democrats are doing this."
2. Please “Share” this Note with your Newsfeed so your friends and family can take action.

Further Talking Points / More Information:

* The Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act of 2010 (H.R. 5231), introduced by Rep. Lamar Smith (the only House member to speak against reforming the racist crack/powder disparity), seeks to authorize U.S. criminal prosecution of anyone in the U.S. suspected of conspiring with one or more persons, or aiding or abetting one or more persons, to commit at any place outside the United States an act that would constitute a violation of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act if committed within the United States.
* These penalties apply even if the controlled substance is legal under some circumstances in the other country. An American treatment provider working with doctors in England, Denmark, Germany, or Switzerland to provide heroin assisted treatment and sterile syringes to heroin users in those countries could face arrest. As could an otherwise law-abiding American planning with some friends to use marijuana legally in the Netherlands while on vacation there.
* Even though this bill references drug trafficking in the title, it also criminalizes conspiring to possess and use marijuana or other drugs in other countries if more than one person is involved - even if drug use is decriminalized in that country. Thus, it imposes America’s harsh drug policies on other countries, and further criminalizes a health issue. The bill’s title is very misleading.
* Even when applied against drug traffickers, The Drug Trafficking Safe Harbor Elimination Act would likely perpetuate injustice. Under U.S. drug conspiracy laws a person can be found guilty even when there are no drugs or other physical evidence involved. The uncorroborated word of someone pointing fingers to get a reduced sentence is all it takes. Moreover anyone convicted of being part of a drug conspiracy is punished not for the offense they actually committed but for all the offenses committed by members in the conspiracy. This has led to very low-level, impoverished, first-time offenders receiving sentences that are decades long. Conspiracy laws drive the so-called "girlfriend problem" whereby thousands of women every year are sentenced to harsh sentences for the crimes of their abusive partners.
* The United States houses 5% of the world’s population but 25% of its incarcerated population. This excess of incarceration is a direct result of punitive and ineffective drug laws, which are currently crippling our social and economic resources. Trends in the U.S. are shifting toward alternative sentencing and away from the policies developed in the almost forty years since Nixon declared the "War on Drugs." H.R. 5231 would be a detrimental step in the wrong direction.
* House Leadership should not bring this problematic bill up for a vote. It has only two cosponsors and wasn’t even considered in committee.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:52 am
Profile WWW

I get why this is a bad idea, but in what way is it racist? How would it "increase racial disparities"?

Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
I get why this is a bad idea, but in what way is it racist? How would it "increase racial disparities"?

The crack/powder cocaine laws are ridiculously racist, the minimum sentence for trafficking 500 grams of powder cocaine is five years, but the same sentence can be handed down for as little as 5 grams of crack cocaine. Guess which race has the highest crack cocaine usage? Hint: It's not the Scandinavians.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:16 am
Profile WWW

Let's say Indians murder twice as often when compared to another race. Does that make the laws against killing another human being racist?
... That doesn't really make sense.

But yeah, that new law that's being discussed seems retarded ether way.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:25 am
Profile WWW

CrazyMLC wrote:
Let's say Indians murder twice as often when compared to another race. Does that make the laws against killing another human being racist?
... That doesn't really make sense.

Racial profiling, bro.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:40 am

That would mean the policemen are racist, not the laws.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 79  Next