View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
You should cover alcohol.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Contrary wrote:
You should cover alcohol.

I second that.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

the physiological and psychological effects of alcohol have been covered thoroughly by a virtually infinite amount of research over the last twenty years

if you can't get the general picture well enough from that then you're just stupid

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 am

Yep pretty much discussion of anything is pretty dumb unless you're an expert. This whole forum area is really just irony.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 am
DRLGrump

While a discussion on alcohol sounds lovely, I would like to see the part on hallucinogenics first.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:01 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Contrary wrote:
Yep pretty much discussion of anything is pretty dumb unless you're an expert. This whole forum area is really just irony.

did you ask for discussion? nope

you asked ophanim to cover alcohol, presumably because you assume some kind of 'expert opinion' which will (contradict/validate/insert verb) (your own/someone else's/the establishment's) official position on alcohol.

asking a dude who knows the dank and hallucinogens about alcohol is like asking a formula 1 driver what he feels about driving a semi truck

if you want to start a discussion on how (hard/straightedge) you are for (drinking/avoiding drinking) go ahead though

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:38 am
happy carebear mom

I can give a rudimentary "typical experience" in verbal form.
You drink a bit, get tipsy and all bold. At this point, you are "buzzed" and you feel great, more bold and uninhibited and all that. Drink more and you get drunk. You begin to lose coordination in movement, thinking, and speech, while feeling slightly less great. Drink still more and get seriously drunk. You lose pretty much all coordination, feel like ♥♥♥♥, and will probably throw up, crap your pants, embarrass yourself, or most likely, all three at the same time.

Stay in school, kids.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:47 am

Duh102 wrote:
You drink a bit, get tipsy and all bold. At this point, you are "buzzed" and you feel great, more bold and uninhibited and all that. Drink more and you get drunk. You begin to lose coordination in movement, thinking, and speech, while feeling slightly less more great. Drink still more and get seriously drunk. You lose pretty much all coordination, feel like ♥♥♥♥, and will probably throw up, crap your pants, embarrass yourself, or most likely, all three at the same time. go to bed.

Edited to reflect my relationship with alcohol.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:51 am
Profile WWW

K that's cool bro. Conversation is pretty lame and hearing people's opinions and experiences is really unhip. Unless of course they are from experts with a "virtually infinite amount of research over the last twenty years".

No, the thread is called "Drugs 101". If the Formula 1 Driver starts a class called "Autobody 101", it's quite reasonable to ask about trucks.

Yes we do want to discuss our personal opinions and decisions on a subject in a dicussion forum, thank you.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:31 am

Ahhh poor Duh, had some bad experiences I see?

Alcohol is fun when you're with people/at a social event.
Alcohol is boring/dumb when you're alone IMO.
I've gotten way smashed at parties, been decently drunk at my friends' houses, and have my a few beers here and there when I'm totally bored at home.
Being drunk is a really fun feeling/experience, and lasts a good long time.

Still, I think weed is better. There's a reason I smoke more than I drink.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Contrary, the point of this thread is pretty clearly to uncover facts about lesser-known drugs. Grif's point is that alcohol is pretty widely known, and it's not that difficult to learn more about it with Google. As well, alcohol covers a pretty broad spectrum of things. The internet is full of plenty of information on alchohol that can be trusted - it's actually researched. Drugs fall into a bit a dark area in terms of research, which is why Ophanim is sharing his first-hand knowledge of it.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 am
Profile WWW

I wanna learn about Peyote. I don't know anything about it, aside from that it exists.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 am

Peyote is generally referring to a species of hallucinogenic cactus known as Lophophora williamsii. It looks like this:
The chemical in this little cactus that makes your brain into bug juice is known as mescaline. Mescaline is, interestingly enough, found in a great number of species of cacti, most notably san pedro, but it is particularly concentrated in Lophophora williamsii, enough so that a few buttons will make your head room seriously increase. If one were to eat un-extracted cactus, it would take you a seriously large portion. This is why most recreational mescaline users tend to extract the mescaline from the cacti via various methods, none of which will I detail here, but almost all of which are easily found.
Mescaline itself is a very earthy and subtle trip, with nature being a huge draw, even more so than mushrooms. It tends to be much more light, and less overwhelming. An excellent starter for anyone interesting in psychedelics.

Sorry lady-friend is leaving the fourth, I'm making the most of my time with her, so I apologize for being wayyyyy late. She unexpectedly got to stay longer.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:57 am
Profile WWW

You lucky ♥♥♥♥ :C I hate school holiday overlaps and their tinyness. Say hi for me or something.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:25 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

whitty wrote:
Ahhh poor Duh, had some bad experiences I see?

Being home at the dorm while everyone else is partying, I see all the aftermath. I infer that there must be some enjoyment in the beginning, otherwise they wouldn't go out there.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 79  Next