View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
Ophanim wrote:
Here let me give you documented examples of the future. What are you asking for proof of? It can't be proven, it's logical conjecture, but that doesn't make it invalid as a point. Are you incapable of seeing the logic behind the statement? Does it seem disbelievable to you? If so, why. If not, why are you asking me to cite?

All that swearing sounds a bit too aggressive, smoke some weed and chillax brotha. - Seraph

Oh ♥♥♥♥ off, that was aggressive, but it wasn't unreasonable. Don't be clowns to eachother, but don't put on your offended pants any time someone presses something with force. That wasn't even particularly aggressive. The only reason anything was edited in was because he was like WHOOOA BOY WHY ARE YOU BEIN' ANGRY AT ME.
Anyway, I'm just saying the DEA is an enormous waste of money and resources on a stressed government.
60 percent on National Defense. Augh ♥♥♥♥ military superpowerssssss

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW

Duh, you're right, it would be helpful; I'm just saying it wouldn't actually improve the general state of the economy. I'm pro-legalization, and hell, with that much money, I'm even MORE for it. But, uh, that entire bit was about it not affecting the economy.

Ophanim, I think it's retarded we spend that much on defense, too; it isn't like anybody is about to start a war with us anyway.
The DEA isn't an enormous waste of money and resources, though; it isn't just weed that's out there. You know, I'm sure, that there are other drugs that can SERIOUSLY ♥♥♥♥ a guy up. Sure, they should stop focusing on cracking down on marijuana, but other drugs ARE pretty bad.

Oh, and mind you, Ophanim, you have been hostile multiple times, this isn't the first occurrence.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 am

Wouldn't people just keep smuggling marijuana and selling it in secret rather than pay harsh taxes? High taxes create black markets, after all.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:34 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

CrazyMLC wrote:
High taxes create black markets, after all.

How would you define harsh? I think I saw a gas station advertising $4.15 a pack for cigarettes, and according to this article, the current federal tax rate is $1.01, while the average state has tax rates around $1.45. If I'm not mistaken, that amounts to about 59% taxes per pack.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:07 am

I'm sure there's at least some black market for tobacco, even if it's some guy sitting on a street corner selling 'em for a buck.

I'd say 40% is high for taxes.
That means what is normally $10 is $14; which I consider, in my non-professional opinion, high.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

I think people would still buy it, even if it's 40-60% tax. It's a lot easier to just buy the stuff at the inflated prices, and more convenient, than to bother with the black market. Not to mention brand wars, advertising, etc.

The major thrust for my argument for legalization is the saving of tax money. It may provide some subsidy, but the major money making would be in redirecting enforcement money elsewhere.
Not to mention, cops can redirect those resources they would have used to taking teens in possession into custody to more useful things like catching drunk drivers before they kill someone.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:22 am

I'm glad secretly growing cigarettes in foreign countries and shipping them overseas in fat guys butts is so cheap, I mean how else would I get the chance to gamble on questionable quality products that are being sold by shady men who are liable to mug me or get me hooked on crack?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:29 am

Even with legalization and high taxing, the massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount that will be mass produced by companies (and regular people), will make the price plummet.

Why do you think dealers/growers/whatever are against legalization?

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:31 am

Touche'.
I was just asking a question, after all.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:31 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

And I was just stating my opinion. My apologies if it felt like a personal attack.

I have no evidence to support my supposition that people would still buy it besides personal experience with people. People tend to buy things they want even if they cost a lot, though they might grumble.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:33 am

Also...

How do the pro-marijuana people go about talking/arguing with people who are anti-marijuana?

I just had a not-so-fruitful encounter with a female I quite like who admitted to her ignorance and even said she doesn't care and won't do anything to change her mind.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:35 am

whitty wrote:
Even with legalization and high taxing, the massive, and I mean MASSIVE amount that will be mass produced by companies (and regular people), will make the price plummet.

Why do you think dealers/growers/whatever are against legalization?

Uh, growers are for it, dealers are against it, for fairly obvious reasons.
You guys do know that the only thing stopping most people from growing their own tobacco is the curing process, which is negated with weed because curing is as simple as hanging it up to dry for a while, right? The only thing stopping me from growing right the ♥♥♥♥ now is my housing situation, and as soon as I can, I intend to. Growing weed will be my passion, I just know it.
Quote:
I just had a not-so-fruitful encounter with a female I quite like who admitted to her ignorance and even said she doesn't care and won't do anything to change her mind.

This demonstrates stupidity on more fronts than the marijuana one, and fairly clearly at that.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 am
Profile WWW

If this is more about a relationship with a girl than just an argument;

Don't bring up the subject. Don't push your opinion onto her. This will result in a confrontation that will hurt your relationship.

If all else fails, and you have enough in common to justify it (ie marijuana is one of the very few things you disagree on), then she might be the one for you and you should change your opinions to try and conform to her a bit, while asking her to meet you half way.

(Feel free to ignore me as I am not a professional on relationships.)

Otherwise, I have no idea.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:41 am
Profile WWW

Right, cuz I would come to the internet with my problems looking for answers.

That's just an example of one of my encounters.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:02 am
DRLGrump

whitty wrote:
Right, cuz I would come to the internet with my problems looking for answers.

That's just an example of one of my encounters.

Go look at Facepunch. A surprising number of people seem to think that other social inept people can solve their problems.
I don't care much either way if it's legalized or not, but I think people going to prison and such for selling marijuana is extremely stupid.

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 79  Next