View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
Unless all of the suits upgrades are actually attachables over the zero suit (and they can't be because of the arms) you're going to have to heal the actor anyway. Oh sure, you can replace the actor's health and the like, but any missing limbs will be replaced, and as allstone said there won't be any wounds to speak of.

"all the transforming stuff" refers to basically:
-create new actor.
Code:
upgrade = CreateAHuman("suitnamehere","metroid.rte")
-give it the old actor's position, orientation and velocity.
Code:
upgrade.Pos, upgrade.Vel, upgrade.RotAngle upgrade.HFlipped = samus.Pos, samus.Vel,samus.RotAngle, samus.HFlipped
-remove the old actor
Code:
samus.ToDelete = true
-place the new actor in the scene
Code:
MovableMan:AddActor(upgrade)
-shoot sparks or whatever everywhere and copy the inventory and whatever else to "upgrade" (left as an exercise for the reader)

Simple enough. Unless you were tricking me and I've just written your script for you <_< I think that might be the case.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:09 pm
Profile WWW

yeah I did the same thing for the ball to samus transformation 2 actors and of course it does replace limbs but that is the limitations of CC.

I am thinking the suit should heal you +25-50 health.

Thanks for that geti but I was just being a smart ass :grin:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Would there be a way to code it so that every consecutive suit change healed the actor a little less? Since Morphball mode heals you anyway, switching suits probably doesn't need to recover that much damage.

Coops9753 wrote:
Its alright, Those sprites are gold to me... just didnt want to throw them out the window. I could imagine using them in the Tutorial Mission as the 'walk into and power up' mode. Or we can just use them the way i meantioned earlier.. dunno, aslong as we use them im a happy camper.

I can see them being very useful in the tutorial mission, it'd also add a nice little extra to the scenery- perhaps as something we can as an object for base building in skirmish mode. However, we can't get too offended if not all the sprites are used. I'm sure that by the time I'm done with Samus and several other actors and bits, something I made won't be used. Tis our lot in life. You'd be surprised what all gets cut out of the final versions of released games. Kraid was actually modeled and skinned for MP 1, but never made it. I bet those guys were pi-issed!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

looking at some of the Tilesheets for Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion I think they could with a bit of work be made into bunker modules. I can't find the link to the Tilesheets at the moment but when I do I will post them, I might also make a rough version of a bunker module :) (also DON'T let this die! maybe it should be moved to mod making?)

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 pm
Profile WWW

No this was a request at first. (where is that person that requested this anyway?) Now this is just some kind of HQ for the team... Dont worry about it slipping off the page, it doesnt mean that the team basically went "Screw it" just like that. We will update it and that'll bring it back up.

Also i like the Idea of Bunker Modules... May need some Animation but i guess that depends if its a slimey slippery cave or some high tech hall with cool flashing lights and stuff.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 am

:roll:
I am not dead, I swear it. I have finals coming up next week and on top of that, my computer is dying. No joke, I just fixed a power cord problem with some electrical tape, superglue, and a piece of an ink pen. I'm secretly MacGyver. I am still working on the sprites, I just won't have anything for you for another week or so. Once summer hits, however, I think we can get this thing finished up quickly.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:34 am
Profile WWW

lol sorry to hear about your computer Tophat. but if you can get us what we need i guess thats ok then.

Speaking of.
I havent heard from none for some time now... :scared:

Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 am

allo allo, gents. I'm nearly ready to make a triumphant return. One more exam and then I'm out for the summer. Assuming I'm not made busy by the oil spill out in the Gulf, I'll have the completed set of sprites for you within a few weeks. I am ashamed to say that I only just now tried the beta for the metroids... LOVED IT. Incredibly awesome, the phazon metroids especially. That being said, I definitely would like to see a scene for this. I don't expect one to magically appear, however, and will do everything I can to see it come to fruition. Also, I got a new computer so I should be sans technical difficulties from here on out.

EDIT: I had an idea for a rather amusing grenade if someone would be interested in scripting it. I can sprite it in about 20 minutes if you're game. Essentially you throw the container holding a metroid at someone (http://www.spriters-resource.com/snes/s ... sheet/1726) which then breaks open and releases a hungry lil fella. Bonus points if, as soon as it sees someone, it squeals and charges for them with nightmarish speed.

Wed May 12, 2010 10:05 pm
Profile WWW

Its ok coops I am still alive too,

I thought I would take a break, as it can become a bit of a chore, more than fun to work on it. Now that tophat is back, I will resume working on it and the charge beam is almost done pending some small sprite from coops. All 185 line of codey goodness.

AND as for Tophat

Quote:
EDIT: I had an idea for a rather amusing grenade if someone would be interested in scripting it.

♥♥♥♥ done mate!

Thats the best idea I have heard for this mod!

Thu May 13, 2010 6:28 am

dude, that would be AUSOME!!! :shock:

Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 am

Do you prefer free range (no team) or tame (same team) chickens metroids for you metroid-ala-bomm sir?

Fri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

none wrote:
Do you prefer free range (no team) or tame (same team) chickens metroids for you metroid-ala-bomm sir?

Hmm... Free range, I should say. Makes for even more amusing situations when you fail to throw it properly.

Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm
Profile WWW

Ok here is a base sprite.. I'm sure someone can do better.

I feel bad for saying this as I don't know how long before we are releasing this but these nades are really really fun!

I have to finish the code for samus so when tophat is finished the sprites we can slap it all together like two parts of a mold and hope it looks pretty.

Attachments:
MCan000.bmp [1.15 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sat May 15, 2010 3:56 pm

looks alittle to small to me.

Sun May 16, 2010 3:15 pm

Well, why would it be any bigger? lol unless you want to see samus full on Spin throw the canister if it was any bigger..

It looks great in my Opinion, I might take a finer look and see, maybe some quite adjustments will be dealt with..

Sun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next