View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
Quote:
I agree, these are really nice powerup sprites. Additionally, is there any chance the suits that go with the powerups would match both in color scheme and style? I mean, I would assume that continuity is something of a concern, but just checking.

Well, why wouldnt they? I might have to revisit them when thetophat completes the sprites for the actors.. But yeah, of course they will.

Thx btw.

Quote:
are there any working mock ups of this yet? It would be interesting to test different parts of this before it all comes together.

We have beta tester's... If you want to beta test too, id ask none. So far we only have the Metroids up and going though.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 am

I'd love to betatest, so I'll get to None on that front.
Additionally, I'm working on an Omega Pirate, just for kicks, so hopefully I can add that to the list of awesome ♥♥♥♥ in this mod.
And yeah, Coops, you're welcome.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 am

WOOOOaaaahhhh

lol lots of posts your getting ahead of me :grin:

Quote:
these are VERY nice sprites. very very very nice sprites. those are great represintation of the real suits too, i will download this mod the minute it comes out. good job.

Agreed they look sooo good. I was gonna make them held devices that activate instanally but I might change it to something you throw and projects an image of the suit which you walk into instanlly changing your suit.

Think glow effects - maybe don't hold that to me. :oops:

Sorry for being so slow to release but coding takes a lot of work for me.

Tophat and I have agreed to release when we have samus and the charge beam done. We will release it as a WIP in the main forum and add suits, space pirates and marines to it, plus all the other things.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:53 pm

ok, this way the community can get a sneak and bata test faster, also, what about the metroids, ar'nt they done?

EDIT: sorry bout spelling, and i ment that we dont have to wait as long for the realese.

EDIT2: oh yeah, what about that mission that teaches you things, you could could realease a bata just to teach you how to use the suit so far and update it with ever upload.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:27 pm

It's spelled beta, that annoyed me. And yeah, a Metroid mission would rule hard.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:23 am

none wrote:
WOOOOaaaahhhh

lol lots of posts your getting ahead of me :grin:

Quote:
these are VERY nice sprites. very very very nice sprites. those are great represintation of the real suits too, i will download this mod the minute it comes out. good job.

Agreed they look sooo good. I was gonna make them held devices that activate instanally but I might change it to something you throw and projects an image of the suit which you walk into instanlly changing your suit.

Think glow effects - maybe don't hold that to me. :oops:

Sorry for being so slow to release but coding takes a lot of work for me.

Tophat and I have agreed to release when we have samus and the charge beam done. We will release it as a WIP in the main forum and add suits, space pirates and marines to it, plus all the other things.

I actually prefer the idea of a device that activates instantly. Don't apologize about the time it takes to code, as my spriting isn't exactly moving at warp speed.

I'd like to keep beta testing to a minimum for the time being if possible, that way when it's finally released on the forums it's all *BAM!* pure awesome. Expect more test studying down time from me, however. My weekend is pretty free, though, so I'll try to get everything finished up (including some hands and feet so we can finally take Samus for a test drive).

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:48 am
Profile WWW

oh man, i just thought of something, how ae we going to make it so only samus puts on the suits, not other actors? (mabey lua, i dont know.)

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:53 am

unwoundpath wrote:
oh man, i just thought of something, how ae we going to make it so only samus puts on the suits, not other actors? (mabey lua, i dont know.)

Lua, my good friend, Lua...

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:05 am

Isn't that sprite a _tad_ too huge?
Also just chiming in to tell you that you can very easily use an actor's presetname to distinguish what it is. You could just call the samus actor "Samus Aran" and then put in the powerup code
Code:
if actor.PresetName == "Samus Aran" then
--do all the transforming stuff here
end
easy as that.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:18 am
Profile WWW

I chose to make Samus that big. She's not just a normal actor, she's an actor in a suit. She's a big gal. Her Zero Suit sprite will be normal sized.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:42 am
Profile WWW

thetophat wrote:
I actually prefer the idea of a device that activates instantly. Don't apologize about the time it takes to code, as my spriting isn't exactly moving at warp speed.

I'd like to keep beta testing to a minimum for the time being if possible, that way when it's finally released on the forums it's all *BAM!* pure awesome. Expect more test studying down time from me, however. My weekend is pretty free, though, so I'll try to get everything finished up (including some hands and feet so we can finally take Samus for a test drive).

Oh, yeah totally... those sprites i made took me like 3 seconds anyway... :sad:

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:51 am

Coops9753 wrote:
thetophat wrote:

Oh, yeah totally... those sprites i made took me like 3 seconds anyway... :sad:

Haha, no offense meant, friend! I quite like your sprites! Just for the convenience of battle, I meant. Perhaps we could use yours (if they aren't already going to be used in the afore mentioned manner) in the tutorial scene. T'would be a shame to see any work go to waste!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:47 am
Profile WWW

Its alright, Those sprites are gold to me... just didnt want to throw them out the window. I could imagine using them in the Tutorial Mission as the 'walk into and power up' mode. Or we can just use them the way i meantioned earlier.. dunno, aslong as we use them im a happy camper.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:03 am

Quote:
--do all the transforming stuff here

geti i'm not famimular with that lua function :P

also it will be a new actor with the suit change but it will copy your inventory and held weapon, and inherit vel, direction, rotang etc.

This is so I can apply different variables to the actors in ini, globalaccscalar, parts mass, and walkpaths etc.
and use lua actor detection for metroids and flamer and other things.

But the question is do you want it to heal the actor 100%, 50%? or use current actors health?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:01 am

A decent amount of healing would be good, seeing as you can't stop it from healing wounds anyway and you may as well make it a feature rather than a bug.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next