View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
as per brains, you could make an Aurora Unit from metroid prime 3 or mother brain (or both)!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:45 pm

How do we plan to do the Power ups? Should we do them as a TDExplosive and you throw them on the ground which spawns a floating icon that you run into and gives you the suit? Or should we make it so if you put it in the buy menu and then you call her down to the feild she will already have the suit on..?

I think we should do the first one IMO becuase that way we can do epic Semi-Cinematics when she runs into the Power Up... Dunno, you guys choose.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Tearagion wrote:
as per brains, you could make an Aurora Unit from metroid prime 3 or mother brain (or both)!

Aurora units would be fun. I could just edit Mother Brain a bit. Both sounds good. One for the Marines, the other for the Pirates.

Coops9753 wrote:
How do we plan to do the Power ups? Should we do them as a TDExplosive and you throw them on the ground which spawns a floating icon that you run into and gives you the suit? Or should we make it so if you put it in the buy menu and then you call her down to the feild she will already have the suit on..?

I think we should do the first one IMO becuase that way we can do epic Semi-Cinematics when she runs into the Power Up... Dunno, you guys choose.

The first one does sound cool, but it would kinda suck that while you're waiting for her to transform someone launches a missile at you or gets creative and just drops a rocket on you. If the cinematic was limited to a *flash* and she's now in a different suit, I think it would work just fine.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm
Profile WWW

i agree, the first would be best because if you want to be resistance to something on the fly, BAM! new threat, BAM! so, the first will do.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 am

well for the issue of someone shooting you while you're transforming How 'bout we just make it so that when she hits the power up the timescale switches to 0, and it can all happen without any intrusions? dunno if thats possible if the timescale would be zero though... :sad:

G: Pointless vulgarity stricken from the record. This website is supposed to be family friendly.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:04 am

DERRRRRRR....

It occurs to me that the Gravity Suit is about, oh I dunno, 80% PURPLE. Which poses a slight problem for the in-game pallet... I can play around with a nice mix of grays, blues, and reds and probably trick your eye into thinking it's purple, but if you zoom in, you'll lose it... I'll see what I can do but as a back up plan, what suit should we use instead?

Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 am
Profile WWW

there are actually 2 purples, so you can use those in combonation with your other doohiceky tricks alternativley, you can use the PED suit and the hazard sheild/fusion varia/dark/light suit

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:03 am

wiffles wrote:
there are actually 2 purples, so you can use those in combonation with your other doohiceky tricks alternativley, you can use the PED suit and the hazard sheild/fusion varia/dark/light suit

I see that now. Okay, Gravity suit is back on the agenda. All the rest are still ehs and maybes. I just started working on the Fusion suit. It's a little more than a recolor. I have to tweak a few things to make it work, and I'm going to have to resize the helmet as well. Here's a peak that also includes the new recolor for the arm cannon, let me know what you think!

Edit:
Also, where do we lie in the possibility of a scene? I thought one where you start as Power Suit Samus with 0 oz and pick up suits as you go through a base would be an interesting way to familiarize yourself with the weapons, suits and enemies.

Attachments:
fusionteaser.png [1.38 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:32 am
Profile WWW

Yeah, i like the idea of a small 'Tutorial/Campaign' mission including starting off with the power suit and recovering suits and weapons as they teach you how to use them... We can use the GF Troopers and Space Pirates as Basic Enemys in the mission... Maybe something like the VR Training from MGS.

alright well i wasnt COMPLETLY sure what we were gonna do with the Power up idea so i guess i can start on those sprites now...

Also, thetophat, please dont leave the background as a white... its hard to see what they look like. maybe make it a nice medium gray or something... Based off what i see though i think it looks pretty good, like you say though, make that head smaller

Keep it up! :grin:

EDIT: Alright.. Got some sprites up for the power ups... these are just suits that pop up as the power up that you run into. I intend to have glows around them and/or wave up and down slowly.

Yet to do the Fusion though..

Feedback expected :)

Attachments:
PowerUpSuits.bmp [12.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
PowerUpSuitsGrayBG.bmp [12.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:15 am

I can add gray or purple or whatever to the background since I don't use dark outlines. I think that will benefit in-game, though. As for the power ups, I like the way they look, but it'd be cool if the arms, legs, and helmet were detached; waiting to attach to Samus, but that's just a personal opinion. I think they're pretty sweet. You took it in a different direction than I was going to. I was thinking of just using these little symbols essentially as grenades, and when you select to throw it, it does not actually throw, but activates and you're suddenly wearing that suit.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:03 pm
Profile WWW

Alright.. got the Fusion finished for the power up display... I had to extend the legs a bit becuase of the template i had to use but i managed that... i also didnt want the fusion as tall as the others because the suit isnt as amored as the others but i think it blends well with the other ones nicely though..

Now off to spriting those 'grenade' things :grin:

EDIT: and some power ups in progress...

Attachments:
PowerUpSuits.bmp [14.02 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
PowerUps.bmp [3.37 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by Coops on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Lookin' sexy.

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Coops9753 wrote:
Alright.. got the Fusion finished for the power up display... I had to extend the legs a bit becuase of the template i had to use but i managed that... i also didnt want the fusion as tall as the others because the suit isnt as amored as the others but i think it blends well with the other ones nicely though..

Now off to spriting those 'grenade' things :grin:

EDIT: and some power ups in progress...

these are VERY nice sprites. very very very nice sprites. those are great represintation of the real suits too, i will download this mod the minute it comes out. good job.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 am

I agree, these are really nice powerup sprites. Additionally, is there any chance the suits that go with the powerups would match both in color scheme and style? I mean, I would assume that continuity is something of a concern, but just checking.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:16 am

are there any working mock ups of this yet? It would be interesting to test different parts of this before it all comes together.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next