View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Superweapon 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Superweapon
Just wondering has anyone done any base module super weapons, Like say....A Gamma Ray Burst Cannon ( For a laugh and example of course ). Afterall, normal super weapons are...For all intents and purposes, constantly re-usable ( Dropship full of 0 Division Bombs for example, can be ordered over and over ), while these base modules whould likely have a Reload/Cool down, and chould actually be destroyed.

And if you need any ideas for Superweapons, Heres 6 fairly decent ideas for a Base module Super Weapon.
1. Gamma Ray Burst Cannon
2. Particle accelerator/Collider/ Super Collider
3. Railgun/Mass Driver
4. Anti-Matter Generator with Firing Tube?
5. Microwave Emmiter ( Boils enemies? )
6. Brain Jammer ( Causes units to stop moving while it is active.

So, does anyone have any mods where this is already done?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:20 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Superweapon
3. Railgun, done by a lot: Particular favorite, DUM-E test railgun.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:29 pm

Witch is kind of stupid considering that a railgun is... huge?
im gonna make a Gauss-gun, almost same thing, u want?

Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm

A mission designed around taking on a superweapon would be pretty interesting, like a boss fight that actually poses a serious challenge.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:33 pm

All of those are names. Entirely arbitrary. Open to many interpretations. Post descriptions of your ideas.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 pm
happy carebear mom

Just a proper super weapon in general would be cool. I might, if I have the time and attention span, make the actual weapon and effect for an Orbital Rail/Gauss Cannon.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:37 pm
Loose Canon

Make a Thorsecutioner. The sub-orbital railgun motar variety.
Do eet.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

cyanicman wrote:
Witch is kind of stupid considering that a railgun is... huge?

Well , the Basis of the idea is that these things dont move and are inside the bunker, with say a tunnel to the outside, So I guess size wont be a Problem

3POK_PHALE wrote:
All of those are names. Entirely arbitrary. Open to many interpretations. Post descriptions of your ideas.

1. Gamma Ray Burst Cannon simply creates and accelerates gamma rays to incredible speeds, Which should then simply vaporize any target in its wake ( Atleast thats the impression I get from watching The Universe )

2.Particle Accelerator/Collider/Super Collider, Accelerates atomic Particles to speeds approaching that of light, when this hits, it will just keep going...If its a Heavy element ( Say...Uranium ) It might just cause a Small Nuclear Explosion when it slams into its target.

3. Railgun/Mass driver, Simply uses magnets to pull the projectile forward, Accelerating a Large Metal Block to slam directly into infantry/mechs/dropships or even Other Bunkers.

4. Anti-matter Generator with Firing Tube : Now this is where things get funky... Using its Own particle accelerator to create Anti-Matter, Which is then fired out of the Firing tube. Now when this anti-matter slams into a target, there is a 100% Energy Release, Leading to A Massive explosion.

5. Microwave Emitter : Projects Microwave energy, Essentially Cooking the person inside there own skin, and damaging the circuitry of Robots. Im thinking this whould look like a large tower, essentially making it the most exposed super weapon.

6. Brain Jammer : This lacks the head popping/vaporization of the other superweapons, but its still got its uses. What it whould do is it whould switch between frequencies, until it gets A lock on the enemies brain emmiter, severing communication from brain to unit. This makes the unit essentially dumb, and un-able to fight or move.

There you go, Descriptions.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

how do you accelerate a gamma ray. they go at light speed.

gamma rays are still EM radiation it's not like photons can go up to you and punch you in the face

gamma rays just happen to be on the high energy end of the EM spectrum. as such, they bleed down into things like x-rays, infrared (heat energy) and etc with ease and potency

gamma ray cannon would probably just end up basically microwaving, heating, blasting, mutating and broiling anything it hit at once

watching the universe does not qualify you for science.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:54 am

Cancer for everyone!
Now, another particularly good question for the thread would be that of implementation. That is to say, are these crafts we'd order, guns we'd aim, beacons we'd toss, or....?

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:19 am
happy carebear mom

I believe the intent was to make it activated by a BunkerModule, possibly such that it contained a pinned Actor that once activated would probably drop a reticle actor or somesuch. You would then move the reticle actor to where you want the shot to go and it would fire.

Or at least that's how I would do it.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I would enjoy a half-screen long cannon that shoots a 48 (72?) pixel wide beam of solid rape.

So would everyone else, methinks.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:00 am
happy carebear mom

Grif wrote:
I would enjoy a half-screen long cannon that shoots a 48 (72?) pixel wide beam of solid rape.

Someone with spriting skills, gimme a turret that can do this. I will make you the beam of rape.
And it will be SHINY.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:16 am

The description for the Brain Jammer sounds a lot like STALKER's Brain Scorcher. Hmmm... nobody made a STALKER mod yet?

Anyways, more superweapon ideas, still bunker-based but haven't been mentioned here:
-Big-ass nuke silo. I mean, twice the size of the warheads in MDC. Complete with an actor hangar door which lets you open and close manually, and maybe manufacturing animations.
-Ion cannon (CnC Generals type). When timer is ready, allows you to use a reticle actor, and then we can watch the big-ass beam being emitted from the bunkermodule up to the skies, and down to the target.
-Laser tower (Ace Combat Zero's Excalibur). Basically a big ACrab/MOSR tower with a small hard-to-destroy turret on top, which shoots a massive beam of laser. Gibs magnificently.
-Massive tesla tower. Maybe like the above, but it shoots electricity which auto-homes on actors.
-Boatmurdered lever. Flood the battlefield with lava gushing from a special magma container. Friend or foe, all will perish... except for ones that fly and the lever operator.

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 am
Profile YIM WWW

Duh102 wrote:
Grif wrote:

Someone with spriting skills, gimme a turret that can do this. I will make you the beam of rape.
And it will be SHINY.

♥♥♥♥♥ I MAKE THE GLOWS IN THIS TOWN!

*scurries off to work*

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next