View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 11, 2024 4:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bunker System Ideas 

Post Bunker System Ideas
As the title says I'm trying to find out what kind of systems inside, outside or near bunkers could work in the official game. I'm gonna post a list of ideas and rant about them, while you can suggest new fresh ideas or freely make a mod using these ideas without credit, meanwhile I can see if they could work well as official content because we are seriously lacking ideas on that department. Also players can grab new and old ideas introduced here for building their own bunkers ingame.

I'll update this post with any new ideas you or I come up with.

So yeah.

The current vanilla bunker systems we have:

Brain room

Doors

Landing Pad/Silo

Gunner Barriers

Mine entry point

Empty room for storing stuff

Storage Crate

Teleporters
*Just a mock up, these are not official teleporters.
I used these because they were more visible.

Any new ideas...?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Re: Bunker System Ideas
Traps.

Pits that look like normal ground, but are revealed once you fall into them, etc.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:47 pm
Profile WWW

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Djinn made some I believe.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:56 pm

Turrets that you can get into.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:19 am

I was also thinking traps, but more...obvious. Here's what I mean:
As you can see from the crudely-done drawing, the mahogany box shows the bunker module itself, while the red box shows the sensor range. If a friendly actor goes within the box, the door(s) will be closed (they are by default). But if a hostile (opposite team or no team) actor is in the box, the door(s) quickly open, leaving the enemy to fall to their fate, whether it be a spike trap as shown, or an endless pit of hell that goes down to the bottom of the map. This is more for defeating AI or flightless actors (most crabs, and some humanoids) than human players because most traps wouldn't work on humans anyways. This also prevents human players from also using things like cavecricket48's growth pod, and spamming AI drones.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:21 am

Vanilla lacks gun turrets of any type, I think. Small, ceiling-mounted types, large, roof-mounted types, maybe in-wall hidden blaster-type traps.

Also, can someone revamp the Dropship Dock? I've had a docked dropship last as long as one minute, but they invariably gib horribly. Rocket dock works perfectly, though. :)

Hope that helps.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:23 am

I'd recommend updating brain room/ rocket chamber to LFoW's excellent Frankensteins, or something similar, as well as adding a left facing brain chamber.
Also, the corridor end modules with the gun slits from MP3 are very useful.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but I'd stay away from traps for vanilla content, it would be somewhat strange for every bunker to be riddled with pit traps and the like.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 am
Profile WWW

Emergency escape of some sort. I think it would be cool to have some sort of escape pod or something that you can use when enemies are at your door. Teleporters don't work because they are two way and reusable (your enemies can follow) and even if you have a one-way one-use teleporter they are easy to camp out.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:24 am

LFOW made some really good content, the only thing I can think to add would be a panic room

basically a strong room that only opens for your brain unit, kind of like the escape pod idea but you don't go anywhere and it only works for your brain.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:01 am

we need Vanilla turrets.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:20 am

Some may have already been mentioned;
- Stationary guns that can be used when a person is nearby. Think of a bunker room with a gun on top. If someone is in the room the controller can use the gun on top.
- Automatic turrets.
- Dispensers like the ones you made. Specifically grenade and health dispensers.
- Healing bunker pieces, who replace any wounded actor with a fresh one, for a cost or a time limit. I believe several people made a thing like this. Dunno whose invention it was.

Can't think of anything else really.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Purge Domes: Like what those detonation squads use, it lowers, locks and purges what is inside it.

Escape Pod System: Like in Prison Escape Episode Two, you stand in the silo, and a rocket spawn on you, and you can fly away, you could use it for returning things...

Repair/Respawn System: Walk in you are vunerable, as you are inside an open operation pod, and it takes a while for you to be completely revitalized.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:00 am

I'm not sure that is really a module, but I agree with Gotcha that actor-operated turrets would be swell. Maybe some sort of light machine gun on a bi pod and stand for the Ronin?

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 am

get the turret stand off of cavecricket, you drop a weapon on it an bam its a turret

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:28 am

Dummy Factories obviously.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next