View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stone... 

Post Stone...
I was wondering, how do you make the stone do more damage because I noticed even if I threw it at minemum power the stone still exploded a guard's head in prison escape 1. Now, I know you can't increase a gun's damage but perhaps you can with this?...

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Stone...
You can increase a gun's damage, just make it fire more bullets each shot.

And for the rock, extra weight i think.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm
Loose Canon

Firstly, you can increase a guns damage. It's just a bit more complicated than saying "Damage = 9999999999999999999999".
As for the stone, I would either increase the value "Mass", or the more complicated way.
Look for this in Ronin.rte/Devices/Explosives/Explosives.ini:
Code:
   EndThrowOffset = Vector
      X = 12
      Y = -5
   MinThrowVel = 10
   MaxThrowVel = 65
   ActivatesWhenReleased = 0
   TriggerDelay = 900000000

And increase MinThrowVel and MaxThrowVel as much as desired. That will make the stone be thrown faster. I think. Someone who mods confirm this?
Dangit Ninja'd.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

alright, I'll try that out and see what happens.

alright then, weight... or rather mass did it but it kinda made my actor die by sinking into the ground by carriying too many rocks...

Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Hyperkultra wrote:
Someone who mods confirm this?

Confirming.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 am

MinThrowVel and MaxThrowVel are the minimum and maximum thrown speeds, in meters per second. (1 cc meter is 20 pixels) You want more momentum without weighing down your actors with more mass, so it's obvious what I'm getting at here.

This will pretty much flatten the trajectory path, unless you proportionately increase GlobalAccScalar (the gravity multiplier).

Don't go over 475, since there's some hardcoded thing to delete anything traveling over 500 m/s. Which is pretty dumb, since higher velocities once worked well, and 500 m/s is only medium-high for realistic bullet velocities. But I suppose this 'feature' was added in a time when collision results were less predictable than now.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:47 am

hmm...are you sure it is the (EndThrowOffset = Vector)'s Min/MaxThrowVel that I need to change...because the only thing that changed was the speed the projectile went. Another question I have, is there any way to increase the weight(mass) of the rock and not weigh down the person who's holding it at the same time, or can I change the strength of an actor perhaps?

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:02 am

EndThrowOffset and the min/max velocities are independent variables. The velocities aren't a part of the offset.

But, yes, that's what I meant. Throwing something crazy faster is a way to increase the lethality of a thrown projectile.

Yes. Probably the best way would be a Lua script, if those work decently well with TDExplosives.

Or you could make the stone quickly 'triggered', (TriggerDelay = 20 or so) immediately gibbing into another similar heavier object as soon as it leaves the thrower's hand. But then it would weight you down a lot when you picked it back up.

You can increase the strength of the actor, but that's far more complicated.

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 am

Increasing the strength of an actor is simply increasing the power of his arms. But then overall that would make him somewhat overpowered as he/she can now throw anything farther that's supposed to be thrown, as in beyond stones and grenades, ect.

Increasing his strength is nothing more than cranking up his joint strength variable. For example, a Coalition soldier has a joint strength factor of 200- I boosted it to 400 and now he can throw a grenade across half of the Grasslands map.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:02 pm

Joint strength is how hard it is to detach a limb, not how strong it is.

Meaning: It isn't limb strength, its joint strength.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:26 pm
Profile WWW

I swear to god, I increased joint strength and it worked. I don't know how to post GIFs, but I cross my heart.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:14 pm

It has absolutely no reason to.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:14 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

And doesn't. At all.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:22 am
Banned

Clearly this is a case of editing two independent variables at the same time. Have you never entered a science fair?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile YIM

@ Zoroaster(I think thats his name...) that would've been funny to watch, seeing a grenade thrown that far...

@ProjektThor, are you talking to me?....if so, no I haven't been at a science fair before because my school never had one..or I never knew about it...or maybe i just don't remember but that doesn't matter right now.

On-topic however...I know that increasing the velocity(or speed) of something in real life it would mean the projectile, let's use a gun for example will make the bullet do more damage but I threw a 1 mass rock with insane max velocity and it just pushed the enemy droid down not damaging it...so i decided to use 50 mass and regular velocity. This works at the cost of weighing down my actor just a bit but I haven't tried 25 mass and increased velocity yet...

as for the trajectory of the rock..I think I just need to change the angular value..

lua scripts..im not gonna touch that because it's too cunfusing to me about how it works and links to the .ini script...

Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next