View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gun mod needed 

Post Re: Gun mod needed
Quote:
Wait, you want it to penetrate before exploding but you want the shell to damage the terrain less? I'm not sure what you mean by that... but I have done something similar.

@ Ropeface
Sorry I meant the casing that ejects out the back when you fire.
as for making a tracer round hit first to penetrate I played with that a bit but couldn't get it to work. (honestly I have no idea what I'm doing most of the time) Maybe you could take a look at what I have or show me a example.

Btw the gun some how lost its kick and by that I mean it no longer pushes the guy back when he fires.

here's the most current version of my project.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 am

salt_1219 wrote:
Btw the gun some how lost its kick and by that I mean it no longer pushes the guy back when he fires.

I still haven't gotten quite back into the swing of modding, and I'm not the best modder (not even close) but I did notice your Shell Velocity = -1.

I'm going to be honest I have no idea what's what anymore, I'm re-discovering things as I go, but I think that might have something to do with it. If you make it a positive number maybe that'd do something. I probably just made a fool of myself. If you think of it in terms of a real gun the force of recoil is proportional to the force exerted on the projectile, if you reduce that force the force of the recoil is reduced. Basically.

I'm not in the best condition to answer your questions. I might have a B23 version of the weapon I was talking about lying around. I'll look for that until you get someone who's not an idiot (me) to help you out.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:36 am
happy carebear mom

Kickback is proportional to the forces created by the gun when fired. The weight of and speed your round is ejected at are applied at a vector where the MuzzleOffset is, going direcly back. Same thing for the shell, but the shell's ejection vector is a (standard orientation, gun pointing at 0) 135' angle.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:41 am

I just realized I'm an idiot. Anyway I don't have a B23 compatable version (yet) but this is close to what I was talking about. Note that this isn't the exact gun I was talking about but it's what I based it off of:

Feel free to take whatever you want from the .ini files I honestly don't care about people stealing that from me. I don't make anything worth stealing anyway. Sprites though, they're like my babies. Don't steal my babies.

Attachments:
killgun.rte.rar [168.98 KiB]
Downloaded 110 times
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:50 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

One way of doing explosive ammo is to attach the Lua script below to the MOPixel that is the bullet.
Code:
function Destroy(self)
   if self.Age > 40 then
      local Payload = CreateMOSRotating("Coalition Grenade Cluster Particle", "Coalition.rte")  -- use your own MOSRotating here
      if Payload then
         Payload.Pos = self.Pos
         MovableMan:AddParticle(Payload)
         Payload:GibThis()
      end
   end
end

When the bullet is removed from the game it spawns a MOSRotating that is immediately detonated. The statement "if self.Age > 40" gives it a short arming range to avoid blowing up in the users face when fired at something near by. Note that bullets often bounce when hitting something, this cause the explosion to occur a short distance away from the target.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 pm

thanks Duh102, ropeface, and Abdul Alhazred
I will try all that out real soon, in the mean time I have to work today. :(

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2