View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 [WIP] Pirate Industries Complete Conversion Pack 

Post [WIP] Pirate Industries Complete Conversion Pack
Decided to try and make a conversion pack instead of just a mod pack. Mostly sprites so far. Decided to do those all first since they are the most time consuming. I also want to include some metagame elements to this. I always feel like a good story and setting improves the quality of any creation.

Here's the goods (so far):
Most of this speaks for itself. I've already decided on what's what for each of these. I updated the sprites a bit already so these are kind of old now. I'll change that sometime soon.

Killgun. Version 3 I believe. Self explanatory.

Hunter Killer. I decided to make it into a Killbot variant. I'm re-working the legs since the first ones I made were giant and looked funny. They also obscured most of the body making my spriting redundant. It has eight frames so walking should look incredibly smooth. I also want to try and replace the crawl stance with a "pounce" stance, you can imagine what that will result in.

I have no name for this guy but he will fill the empty void of the Egg Trooper. He is not made of flesh so no civilians were abducted to make this guy. I also designed some light weapons for him. Two of them will be energy based but I want them to be innovative so I'm gonna take my time with them.

I also have two more units in the works, one of which is a crab walker. I wasn't originally going to make one but I got sidetracked and went for it anyway. I haven't decided on what kind of vehicles I want to make yet but I WILL make something worth making note of. I don't think I'll need as much help coding as I originally thought but I may need someone eventually for help making a few scenes and related stuff.

If you have experience with scene making drop a name and I may call you up later. Not anytime soon but later. Maybe during my term 2 break. Playable stuff should be here soon for testing. Maybe not, it depends on how difficult my midterms will look.

Last edited by ropeface on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:32 am

Post Re: Ropeface does not make empty promises
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=11701
I guess we can now settle that matter... even though the DL is long since gone. Was the warbot part of Pirate Industries?

Good to see you back ropeface - I really enjoyed the mods you made. I'm too busy help you out with your modding, but what you posted looks great. Good luck! :)

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:56 am

uberhen wrote:
http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=11701
I guess we can now settle that matter... even though the DL is long since gone. Was the warbot part of Pirate Industries?

Thank you uberhen, it is good to be remembered. Also, to answer your question: no the Warbot was Piezo's creation. Although I must give credit to him, without his Warbot's walkpath I would not have been able to make the Hunter Killer. Although originally I had intended the HK to have larger legs. Perhaps this is something I will rectify...

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 am
Loose Canon

I'm from after your time, anyone got anything representative and B23 compatable?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 am
Profile WWW

ropeface wrote:
Thank you uberhen, it is good to be remembered. Also, to answer your question: no the Warbot was Piezo's creation. Although I must give credit to him, without his Warbot's walkpath I would not have been able to make the Hunter Killer. Although originally I had intended the HK to have larger legs. Perhaps this is something I will rectify...

Don't mention it. I'd edit my warbot post, but unfortunately the mods locked it some time ago.
I hope you keep the HK's inverted leg joints - IMO, that's what gave it its originality. The jetpack was perfect too; just a tap would send it shooting up, and you could carry an armory's worth in its inventory.

I have a working B23 hk.rte, would you mind if I attach it here to show the new members what they missed?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:19 am

I'm now pretty anxious to see how this will work out, loving your sprites.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:21 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

I'd love to offer lua help but can't promise full-scale mod participation.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:27 am

@uherben: Go ahead and post it, I'm going to be remaking it anyway. Oh and of course I'm keeping the reverse leg joints, it wouldn't be a Hunter Killer without them!

@Grif: Any help the mighty Grif could lend would be very much appreciated.

I should also mention that I will periodically update this thread with more sprites and teaser stuffs throughout the week.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:24 am
Loose Canon

A bit disconcerting having people keep referring to an hk (Hunter Killer) when people often abbreviate my name the same way. Still wanna try this thing out though.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:28 am
Profile WWW

@ ropeface: Sweet. I can't wait to see what lua can do for these bots.

@ Hk & DRL: Here's the hk for B23. Be careful with the jetpack!
Attachment:
B23 Hunter-Killer Bot.rar [313.91 KiB]
Downloaded 282 times

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:43 am

I assume you mean northern hemisphere summer?

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:21 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
I assume you mean northern hemisphere summer?

Oh yes, I sometimes forget that the internet extends beyond my room. By summer I mean to say MY summer, as in June (well technically April because my term ends then but June is the classic summer month).

@Hyperkultra
I didn't even know you existed. But now I do. Maybe I'll make a short reference to your name in the Pirate Ind. lore... most likely pertaining to the creation of the Hunter Killer units (just as a little joke). Which, by-the-by, I have decided to make as a Killbot variant.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:10 pm
Loose Canon

Not surpised you didn't know of me, I came into existance circa a few days before B23. That'd be awesome to have a lore reference though.

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm
Profile WWW

I am overjoyed to see you're back...again...for the second time :) . I am hoping the things I sent you the last time you came back is still assisting with the mod (last time you returned and the things I sent you viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15189)

oh and I like head 3 for the empress

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:11 am
Profile WWW

A question to help me with making unique walkpaths: does more frames equate to more mobility? I've tried this before and it certainly looks smoother but I am shaky on the actual mechanics of non-jetpack movement in CC. I am not sure if it actually is doing anything. Maybe if I add more frames...

Also, I'm trying to increase traction on an actors feet to dangerous levels. Essentially I want it to be able to walk up vertical surfaces unassisted. I've tried brute force: making feet sprites with a sharp end that just digs into surfaces. Works well on softer terrain but not bunkers. Nice for stepping on enemies though. I've thought of attaching something to the feet but in my experience attaching anything to feet doesn't work out. Ideas?

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next