View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Multiple Mods in Skirmish 

Post Multiple Mods in Skirmish
Hey all,

I've been trying to have multiple enemy spawns in skirmish. First I tried referencing the items directly, but eventually figured out that they haven't been defined yet.

Then, after some searching around the forums and wiki I came across this, http://wiki.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/Activities.ini

The first method doesn't work in my case, because I want to have both default actors, as well as other mod actors (E.G. AAL).

The second method involves editing Base.rte/Index.ini. I tried this, but got the error "Tried to make a material mapping in an offical or out-of-bounds DataModule!". Including the files didn't work because there are material definitions required by the weapons, which can't be defined in Base.rte. (At least I assume that's the issue)

Is there an obvious way I have missed to include multiple mods in skirmish mode? I debated the idea of creating a mod that is loaded after all of the other mods, and just has an Activities.ini.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:40 am

Post Re: Multiple Mods in Skirmish
A mod that loads after everything else is the way I would do it, personally.
Have, in fact. But you're not looking for something that just makes the vanilla guys hold a gun, tool, and bomb from separate and random mod packs. Don't mess with the Vanilla content too much, it's pretty easy to muck things up.

You should be able to basically just fuse together pre-existing activities files, actually.
You will need to make sure that you carefully do something like this:
Take existing activities file, one that only covers one faction already. (Not a combined, you will see why)
Do a Find&Replace on all of these "CopyOf = ", and replace with "CopyOf = <NAME OF MOD RTE>/"
Then the file is safe to use outside the mod, and you may add it to another file you made safe in the same manner.

The result is that all CopyOf lines reference the mod that it needs to copy from.
Happy compiling, let us know if you create something good.

Find&Replace is my favorite modding tool, actually.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Post Re: Multiple Mods in Skirmish
Thank you! It would be nice if things like that could be loaded like Dummy.rte in the Skirmish Activities.ini, and just be able to prefix them with the mod name in there (e.g. Dummy/Dummy). I'll see what I can come up with.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]