View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Removed Joined/Location user details 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Removed Joined/Location user details
Nfsjunkie91 wrote:
Grif and Thor up to OVERRULER OF DER FORUMS status?

I more consider them the resident mob leaders.
Right or wrong, they will each have at least 5 others to back them up (which in the forum's current state is a mob).

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:13 pm
DRLGrump

weasel wrote:
I probably won't implement anything, but if I *was* to implement something, it'd be some sort of newb-o-meter and not just reintroducing the textfields.

I suppose I was pre-emptively looking for solutions to all the whining when I should've stuck to my guns a bit longer. I don't think that's 'trying too hard' though - it's just being reactive to the community (instead of ignorant).

But let's not judge until something (if anything) is actually put in place. :)

I'll judge whatever the hell I feel like judging :P But seriously, why not just reintroduce the textfields? It's like trying to fix something that isn't broken to start. The only conceivable reason you should ever take them away is if an elitism aspect begins to reemerge, in which case I'll be behind your decision all the way. However, since there is no elitism, or even using join date as some sort of bragging right, why take them away?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:30 pm
Loose Canon

Tomaster wrote:
weasel wrote:
I probably won't implement anything, but if I *was* to implement something, it'd be some sort of newb-o-meter and not just reintroducing the textfields.

I suppose I was pre-emptively looking for solutions to all the whining when I should've stuck to my guns a bit longer. I don't think that's 'trying too hard' though - it's just being reactive to the community (instead of ignorant).

I'll judge whatever the hell I feel like judging :P But seriously, why not just reintroduce the textfields? It's like trying to fix something that isn't broken to start. The only conceivable reason you should ever take them away is if an elitism aspect begins to reemerge, in which case I'll be behind your decision all the way. However, since there is no elitism, or even using join date as some sort of bragging right, why take them away?

Says the one who's old sig was a huge banner proclaiming he was an original 06'er. But I am all for returning join date and post count, unless said eliteism rises up.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:34 pm
Profile WWW
DRLGrump

Hyperkultra wrote:
Tomaster wrote:
weasel wrote:

Says the one who's old sig was a huge banner proclaiming he was an original 06'er. But I am all for returning join date and post count, unless said eliteism rises up.

97th member, not that I'm counting or anything....but I took that away cause it made me look like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:36 pm
Banned

Minor tangent. Please install an addon that prevents quotes more than one tier.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:38 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

Tomaster wrote:
97th member, not that I'm counting or anything....but I took that away cause it made me look like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥.

And yet you kept it for more than a year, you had it when I began lurking some 14 months ago.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:41 pm
Profile YIM
happy carebear mom

Tomaster wrote:
97th member, not that I'm counting or anything...

Greetings from the 1000 block :grin:

I suppose I'll wait as you like Weasel, but I would like to have my signature back by the one month deadline. Either the option to toggle it back on with the PHPBB patch or with the field put back if the patch is not out yet.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 pm
Loose Canon

Duh102 wrote:
Greetings from the 1000 block :grin:

Look what you did. Now I have to check mine.

EDIT: 2194

A good example of how to add nothing to a thread - p3lb0x

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 pm
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

JESUS YOU PEOPLE ARE ♥♥♥♥♥♥s

every
♥♥♥♥
time

anything changes
this ♥♥♥♥ mobocracy of retarded individuals with nothing better to do than protest the minutiae of every administrative decision swarm onto the scene, and then proceeds to do nothing more profound than ♥♥♥♥♥ for ten pages

are you ♥♥♥♥ really all that attached to your ♥♥♥♥ signatures? don't lie and act like all you did was advertise mods in them, because well less than 10% of the community actually mod. the rest of you ♥♥♥♥♥♥s had your userbars and your sig images and dumb links to that zombie bull♥♥♥♥ and all the same crap you get in every forum

this forum is not above the universal standards of internet posting quality, and god knows it's probably well below them. you're not special, and signatures are an indulgence by an administrative staff that didn't do anything for years. you have no grounds to protest the removal of four hundred characters and two images

so get the ♥♥♥♥ over yourself, you rainbow parade

EDIT: I'm not even going to get into your waterfall of tears over JOIN DATE, LOCATION, AND POST COUNT

I mean are you ♥♥♥♥ serious

jesus

this post is pretty much my general thoughts on the issue
♥♥♥♥ you I didn't post it in the wrong thread
I do what I want

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:17 pm

I hope that was worth the ban it's probably going to get you.

Though I agree.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:21 pm

I guess what I'm trying to say is what Grif said except more polite and not so ranty

Grif, you're hired

e: also, thanks, was able to update wordfilters pretty well after that

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 pm
Profile ICQ YIM WWW

Grif wrote:
JESUS YOU PEOPLE ARE ♥♥♥♥♥♥s

Stopped reading there. You people? I find that offensive. Also: No, you.

Autistic ninja edit:

Alright so: lemme get this right, weasel.

You're moderating this forum based on what you think is appropriate, eliminating things you find worthless without giving us the option to on a personal level, reverse what you did. Then when the forum complains and says they don't like your changes, you pretty much tell them to stop crying, then appoint the forum's largest ♥♥♥♥♥ to adminship because he agrees with you and has the balls to swear more than any man alive in a single post.

What have I left out?

Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

hey kelas I think I can say this from the heart (and I think I speak for all of us here)

god you're annoying

your attitude of inherent superiority is probably your worst attribute and yet, your most prominent

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Kelas wrote:
You're moderating this forum based on what you think is appropriate, eliminating things you find worthless without giving us the option to on a personal level, reverse what you did. Then when the forum complains and says they don't like your changes, you pretty much tell them to stop crying, then appoint the forum's largest ♥♥♥♥♥ to adminship because he agrees with you and has the balls to swear more than any man alive in a single post.

What have I left out?

I agree with this. Wasn't Weasel put in by Data to make the community better for the majority and make it all around more friendly for newcomers? And honestly I dont see why we needed to have of them removed. No one was complaining. Elitism was not an issue outside of Grif or Thor occasionally. Don't change what isn't broken.

EDIT: and now Grif is an admin

Last edited by Scope0 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Hey Grif, I have at least one person that agrees with me. You no longer speak for everyone.

Really, I'm doing no more than pointing out flaws/gaps in logic and asking what the reasoning is behind them.

In this threadForum: Kelas is Michael Moore.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next