View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 I don't understand. 

Post I don't understand.
Okay all the things are to confusing I don't understand what gibing editor is really and I have no clue how to make a mod and yes I have read the walk throughs it's just to confusing, does someone have a simpler way of explaining them or video walk throughs for both of them?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 am

Post Re: I don't understand.
Nope. You should probably leave and never come back.

User was warned for this post (Be nice to the newbies who don't know anything) -Duh

Edit: I kid, I kid. Honestly the best to learn modding is to play around with an existing objects variable and see what happens. Once you understand what does what then you can start thinking about making something original.

Last edited by The Cling Clang on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 am
happy carebear mom

Phoenix wrote:
Okay all the things are to confusing I don't understand what gibing editor is really and I have no clue how to make a mod

What walkthroughs did you go through?
The gibbing editor is for placing gibs, the pieces that come out of objects when you explode them.
The best place to start is Modding 101 on the wiki, did you go through it? If so, what parts are you confused about? Or, if you got that and continued on, what parts were you confused on further out?

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 am

Well a little bit of hand typed wiki,

Gib editor: it edit Gibs, otherwise known as debris, the little part of thr dropship that come soff when it explodes is called a gib, almost anythign can be a gib, for instance a HDFirearm can be gibbed, otherwise known as a gun. Also this requires you to make the gibs first, or ull be forced to use base.rte guns/actors as gibs :/

Actor Viewer: View actors, see how the actor's walk path works, see how they walk and how they jump (jetpack)

Scene Editor: Instead oif usign in coding yyou can use this to place objects visually, while cc does this for you. When u save it the object location is automatically saved. That way if you put a concrete block of flat zone and saved it as flat zone with block, you can then choose that scene in skirmish mode.

Area Editor: to find specific area and place them in a script, usually used for detections in missions, EG. zombie cave, theres a area u enter when u get close to the chip at the back fo the cave that sends down the unknown hostiles.

Of course the wiki explains in greater detail.

Edit: if you want i can send you a simple explained gun making tutorial.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:50 am
Loose Canon

I always wondered how people got all those little tiny metal chunks in there, and I always knew but was too stupid to remember.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:57 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]