View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Announcing mechwarrior mod! 

Post Re: Announcing mechwarrior mod!
ProjektTHOR wrote:
Winterous wrote:
I wasn't saying wires get HOT, I was saying they produce HEAT when transmitting electricity.
Heat =/= Hot
What realm do you live in that doesn't adhere to the laws of physics?

Now you're just playing semantics to cover your stupid argument. Everything generates heat. My fingers touching the keys generates heat. The implication you were making (but are now pretending that you did not) is that wires get overheated. And they certainly can, provided that they are not properly insulated and maintained. This is not typical (and you would assume it would be atypical for a fictional mechanized robot fighting unit).

tl;dr Winterous is a Wikipedia Scholar.

No Thor, you've failed YET AGAIN.

The original point was my hypothetical rationale for why the whole Mech overheats, instead of just the weapon.
I said that 'Perhaps the wires or X method of transmission (unknown due to the nature of the core) become overloaded if the weapons fire too often.'

Then Grif asked said:
Grif wrote:
Tell me, Winterous, have you ever held an electrical cord while it's running?

Do they actually heat up? Unless our dearest mechwarrior engineers are conducting electricity over, I don't know, bamboo rods or something, there's going to be far more energy going through the wire than heat leaking out; that's the entire point of wiring.

And may I emphasise.

Grif wrote:
Do they actually heat up?

So, it seems I just trumped Thor's feeble attempt at shooting down my torrent of truth YET AGAIN.
I answered his question, YES, WIRES DO HEAT UP WHILE RUNNING, JUST A SMALL AMOUNT.

My word Thor, you'd think you'd never read half of my posts or something.
Or maybe you're just a huge failure, as you've managed to convey time and time again. :roll:

Do you have some sort of vendetta against Thor? Why do you persist in your crusade to prove Thor wrong

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 pm
happy carebear mom

ITT people argue about a gameplay mechanic that need not make total sense.

Did anybody download the mod and have any criticism of the weapons I made? If anybody wants to make a mech sprite, I'd be happy to continue working. I still want to go tromping around squishing clones and shooting up brains with giant autocannons.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 pm

Duh102 wrote:
ITT people argue about a gameplay mechanic that need not make total sense.

Did anybody download the mod and have any criticism of the weapons I made? If anybody wants to make a mech sprite, I'd be happy to continue working. I still want to go tromping around squishing clones and shooting up brains with giant autocannons.

It's actually more ITT Thor is a ♥♥♥♥ (as usual) and Grif is the lovable old chap that he always has been :3

And um, that's a good point, I don't think there's been a SINGLE comment on the mod you posted :S

PS: srsly, <3 Grif, he is huggably awesome.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:17 pm
Banned

Except the fact of the matter is that bad heat management in MW shuts the whole mech down, not a single weapon. In terms of the game mechanic, it has nothing to do with the wires.

It's a reactor scram, nothing more. You are overcomplicating this so as to make yourself look smart and superior--and you're just making yourself look foolish.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:07 pm
Profile YIM

ProjektTHOR wrote:
Except the fact of the matter is that bad heat management in MW shuts the whole mech down, not a single weapon. In terms of the game mechanic, it has nothing to do with the wires.

It's a reactor scram, nothing more. You are overcomplicating this so as to make yourself look smart and superior--and you're just making yourself look foolish.

But once again that is not what our little scuffle is about, my original hypothetical was JUST a hypothetical, you raised an issue with wires heating up.
I agree that a reactor scram is probably what it is, even though I really have no knowledge of how that sort of thing works, I'll take your word for it. You're not stupid, whatever else you may be.

And also yes, orange text at the bottom of a previous post, I DO have a vendetta against Thor, and I'm surprised I'm the only one.
He got away with the BIGGEST offense possible, against the whole forum, and he continues to hurl insults around in the nastiest way possible.
It really does confuse me that the moderation staff have chosen NOT to ban him, time and time again, for his blatant disregard for basic human decency, or even internet decency!

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:12 pm

If you hate THOR so much, why don't you leave the forums to make your own?

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:15 pm

You know, THOR did delete the forums etc yes, but that was a long time ago. Looking back, its not really a big deal. We didn't really lose anything of value. He was let back in because he really is a rad dude who has done numerous things to help the forums since, which I suppose you just conveniently ignore huh? He is a helpful member of the forum and the IRC, though you probably wouldn't know this seeing as how you have demonized him for doing something that no one gives a ♥♥♥♥ about anymore. The only people who are still pissed about that either hated him before he did it, or are new members who came in after, had one of their mods/posts criticized by him and tried as hard as they could to find as many things as possible to hate him for. "Yeah screw Thor! Yeah! I mean, I didn't even know of the forums until months after this happened but if the cool forum guys hate him I guess I do too! Not that I really have any good basis, other than the constructive criticism he gave me... Well uh, ♥♥♥♥ him for trying to help me be a better person, yeah!" You know this is the truth bros. One final thing.

End THORsecution

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 pm
Banned

Winterous wrote:
t really does confuse me that the moderation staff have chosen NOT to ban him, time and time again, for his blatant disregard for basic human decency, or even internet decency!
I mean, I hate to call a brother out, but you were the one being rude in this thread. I've been nothing short of polite and you're the one insulting me and being derogatory.

So please stop with the "pot kettle black" PMs.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:41 pm
Profile YIM

Aspasia wrote:
You know, THOR did delete the forums etc yes, but that was a long time ago. Looking back, its not really a big deal. We didn't really lose anything of value. He was let back in because he really is a rad dude who has done numerous things to help the forums since, which I suppose you just conveniently ignore huh? He is a helpful member of the forum and the IRC, though you probably wouldn't know this seeing as how you have demonized him for doing something that no one gives a ♥♥♥♥ about anymore. The only people who are still pissed about that either hated him before he did it, or are new members who came in after, had one of their mods/posts criticized by him and tried as hard as they could to find as many things as possible to hate him for. "Yeah screw Thor! Yeah! I mean, I didn't even know of the forums until months after this happened but if the cool forum guys hate him I guess I do too! Not that I really have any good basis, other than the constructive criticism he gave me... Well uh, ♥♥♥♥ him for trying to help me be a better person, yeah!" You know this is the truth bros. One final thing.

End THORsecution

Yes he provides constructive criticism on occasion, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he wraps it in hate and makes new modders feel like ♥♥♥♥.

And I don't 'ignore' the things he's done, I realise that he does contribute a fair amount, in my eyes that doesn't stop me hating him

Thing is, I don't BELIEVE in redemption.
An unjust murderer cannot be redeemed.
A rapist cannot be redeemed.
They deserve the ultimate punishment, they DO NOT deserve a chance to repent, and commit again.

It's my belief that Thor's reckless disregard for not only other people, but THE FORUM, heavily outweighs the good he does.
And yes yes, I know, deleting everything 'didn't matter', but that's not the point.
Is a suicide bomber excused because by some miracle no one got hurt? Does that make him not a bad person?
It's an extreme comparison, but a bloody valid one.

*edit*
And Thor, I do certainly hope you realise there's a KEEN difference between polite and decent.
Just because you say it nicely doesn't make "Your mod is ♥♥♥♥, you're a ♥♥♥♥ modder." any more acceptable.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:49 pm

You are comparing THOR to a terrorist? Nowadays that terrorist has roughly the same social connotation as Hitler. Godwin Point you lose. That said I used to love MW and am excited for this

EDIT: Now to actually respond to the rest of your post. Normally I would grade these things but honestly you are not a big enough troll to warrant me having to slay you. Do not deny you are a troll because you admitted you have a vendetta and try to lash out at him at every opportunity you can to elicit a response. That, gentlemen, is trolling.

Most new modders deserve it. Hardest steel from hottest flames etc. Also, I have seen on quite a few occasions, Thor mostly complimenting new modders with maybe a complaint here or there about a very valid issue.

So... blind, ignorant, bigoted hate? Because that is exactly what you said. Even when you see that he is doing good you find something to hate him for? That is what we call bigotry bro. Its not a very nice thing.

Just a little nitpicking but uh you BELIEVE in church, you THINK that redemption cannot real. Uh lol a lot of times rapists ARE truly sorry bro. Also, by Pelor you sound like a Lawful Stupid Paladin. "THERE IS ONLY WHITE OR BLACK! YOU CAN EITHER GIVE EVERYTHING BUT THE SHIRT OFF YOUR BACK OR KILL BABIES" Is the mindset you are exhibiting and what you said could basically be a parallel to "LITTERERS CAN NOT BE REDEEMED. EVEN SOMEONE WHO ABSENT-MINDFULLY DID IT SHOULD GET LOCKED UP FOR LIFE BECAUSE THEY WILL GET WORSE AND START DUMPING OIL INTO THE OCEAN AND DISPOSING OF NUCLEAR WASTE IN THE GALAPAGOS" Sorry for the caps I really hate having to do that as it looks dumb but I had to do it to emphasize how retarded you sound. Nothing personal bro, just picking apart the stupidity.

Reckless disregard? Is the forum the freeway or something? Please PM me links to said "reckless disregard", though I warn you, if they are not "reckless" I will call you out on it. But the forum nuke is the point because you used that as one of your main attacking points against Thor, and now you are shamelessly backpedaling. Oh god you are seriously comparing him to a terrorist (see also Godwin Point). Do not use such an extreme analogy because it in no way fits. Not at all valid. This is common sense, extreme comparisons are not valid, merely a tactic to stir up discontent in target audiences by rabble-rousers such as yourself. At best you could say he was maybe that kid in 2nd Grade who was playing dominoes with you, you said he couldn't play with you anymore, and so he knocks over all your dominoes.

Please stop shitting over this guy's thread. He didn't ask for this and you raped his topic with an argument. Hah, and you say Thor is an ♥♥♥hole to modders. Oh the hypocrisy, so thick it is literally crawling out of my moniter like that chick from The Ring

Last edited by Aspasia on Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:53 pm
Banned

Winterous, I'm not about to tell someone their mod is great when it is not. Couching your language to be supportive is one thing, sugar-coating bad content is completely different.

You seem to be unable to make the distinction, coupled with the fact you harbor this vendetta with me as some kind of "forum murdering rapist (at least, that is how I feel you are equating me)."

My point is that I can and do reserve the right to dislike a mod. You can't stop that, no matter how much you bad-mouth me.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:00 am
Profile YIM

ProjektTHOR wrote:
Winterous, I'm not about to tell someone their mod is great when it is not. Couching your language to be supportive is one thing, sugar-coating bad content is completely different.

You seem to be unable to make the distinction, coupled with the fact you harbor this vendetta with me as some kind of "forum murdering rapist (at least, that is how I feel you are equating me)."

My point is that I can and do reserve the right to dislike a mod. You can't stop that, no matter how much you bad-mouth me.

I don't expect you to 'sugar-coat' it, just use a little restraint.
It's like the difference between saying "Your mod is bad, you should ask for some advice." and "This fails, you fail, go away.".
One is constructive, the other is DEstructive.

I have never once seen you be supportive to a new modder, not once. And that's not necessarily bad.
But it's more common for you to be outright repulsive to new modders (who yes, have failed at modding) than to just be neutral.

And I don't see you as a 'forum murdering rapist', you're just a bully, and bullies deserve the cane.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:11 am
Banned

Winterous wrote:
It's like the difference between saying "Your mod is bad, you should ask for some advice." and "This fails, you fail, go away.".
Challenging you to find such an argument from anywhere between now to the last six months.

And if you think I am being a bully, how do you justify your behavior in this thread? Steeping down to a lower level, aren't we?

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:20 am
Profile YIM
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I'm not even going to bother cleaning this up. No idea where to start. Hopefully Dragster won't mind.
Winterous, have a nice ban. Maybe while you're away you can dig that bug out of your ass.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:39 am
Profile WWW

It's a shame how some people can be ignorant enough to be harsh on a forum, thinking nothing bad will happen...

On topic... Yes!! A mechwarrior mod! I loved MechWarrior 2 and MechCommander 2, this will really make CC for me into a truly good game. We need an Atlas! And a Blood Asp! But how will we work the heat thing out? And design the lasers, gauss guns, etc.?

Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next