View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next
 looking for help (whitebot brainbot) 

Post Re: looking for help (whitebot brainbot)
The segments look like they're changing size and shape, should probably fix that...

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:56 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
The segments look like they're changing size and shape, should probably fix that...

ok but do you have any suggestions on how i can fix the leg animation without causing warp? maybe this needs a whole redesign... I'm pretty stumped right now.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:56 am

Well you really just redraw it and make sure it looks right...
I mean completely redraw, like start with a red silhoette of what you're doing and draw all of those until you're happy with the shapes they make, then colour them in.
That should look right if you do it carefully enough, but whatever you do, don't just use the skew tool and leave it at that.
Apart from that, lighten the black slightly, there's something about complete black that doesn't look quite as good... it would be good if you did it proportionately, etc. The point is toy with it until you think it looks right; when something just looks... right, you know you've done something well, it's a sensation not unlike dropping a heavy object...

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 am
Profile WWW

Look at the vanilla sprites for help. Also, please orient the sprites like they are in vanilla content, I doubt other orientations work. And splitting the sprites to their separate, CC paletted .bmps would help the coding side a lot.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Its not easy to make an atractive walk cycle...
I can't explain with words but we still having the plan B :
common_sense.exe

Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:57 pm

actually it is, looking at walking animations helps.
Also, I suggest you brighten the outline and some places replace it with shading.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm
Profile WWW

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
I like it as it is. We can polish it later. For now the coding needs to go ahead.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:13 pm

i have a full day of work ahead of me today but i hope to get back on tonight with some sort of leg improvement ... and i need to send FZ some files too also i will work on breaking up pictures more as piipu sugested and i will hold off on lightening up the outlines till i get the legs moving better

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Finally, you give me word! I've got the sprites replaced with the sprites you gave me, but I can't go far without the arms.
Also, people, we were thinking of making the aforeplanned hands into guns, having the hands be a null.bmp sprite, or a joint that could be very quickly made.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:24 pm

That animation actually looks pretty good, but don't forget to animate the foot too. That would make it look more realistic.
The main reason it looks off is the stand animation is distorted from the actual walking animation. It is smooth, and then it suddenly changes into a different picture.

The main problem with it is the very back of the image only changes in one frame... For the other frames it is still.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Huh, Haven't seen this thread before. Those sprites a page or two back look very nice.

I'll code it if you want.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:49 pm
Profile WWW

zalo wrote:
Huh, Haven't seen this thread before. Those sprites a page or two back look very nice.

I'll code it if you want.

that would be vary helpful i will post a new work folder soon with the sprites broken down more as piipu suggested and i'm cleaning up the legs right now

as for the programming you may want to talk to flammablezombie he's working on coding the arm weapons right now maybe you two could work together.

Aspect wrote:
That animation actually looks pretty good, but don't forget to animate the foot too. That would make it look more realistic.
The main reason it looks off is the stand animation is distorted from the actual walking animation. It is smooth, and then it suddenly changes into a different picture.

The main problem with it is the very back of the image only changes in one frame... For the other frames it is still.

okay your saying loop the gif pic1, pic2, pic3, pic2, pic1 so it doesn't jump frames .... yes that will help a lot in getting the walk looking right

Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 am

This is coming along great! I'm really impressed the community can work together on this. I wish I could help out but, sadly, I don't know much at all about modding.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:18 am

Scope0 wrote:
This is coming along great! I'm really impressed the community can work together on this. I wish I could help out but, sadly, I don't know much at all about modding.

i wouldn't let that stop you, this is all new to me too.... just look back to the first few pages and you can see my stuff looked like crap but i got better and with some luck and a lot of help from other members i will learn to code too.
ok i cleaned up the upper part of the leg so it doesn't distort so much
and i fixed the loop.... now what i learned from this is 1) the feet are in the wrong order, and 2) the last leg segment at the bottom needs to not remain flat

whats wrong with the feet is they need lift from the toes and plant with the heel like in a natural step

Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:35 am

I still don't think it looks quite right, try making the thing horizontally wider as it moves up... Also, the bottom segment should be vertically shorter as it moves up.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next