View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 2:42 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 looking for help (whitebot brainbot) 

Post Re: looking for help (whitebot brainbot)
Scope0 wrote:
If someone could bring this into existence, it would be EPIC!

well your in the right place for that... i created this post to get a crew together to build it and if you want you can help too
411570N3 wrote:
The leg looks rather stiff and limited... otherwise it's pretty good.
Most of the stuff you mentioned there is relatively easy.

that a bit better? the red lines are for marking the movement in each step
but that's just for my benefit they will be erased

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:06 am

Yeah, that's looking good...
Anyway, I'm busy with the Tau mod and school work, so don't rely on me to do it...

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:29 am
Profile WWW

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
saltydog81 wrote:
Ok now i would like to take a minute to give all of you my coding wish list.
this is just a wish list so don't worry if its not possible or you don't like it.

first and foremost i would like the bot to be balanced to the game not to other mods
That was the original intention, right...? It should be abot Dreadnought strenth then, maybe slightly tougher.
i would like the brain bot to have 2 weapons a machine gun and a missile launcher
Easy, just make one in the shield slot, the other in the weapons slot.
the brain bot should be added to the brains list as well as actors like the solid snake mod is
Just do addtogroup=brains
i would like the brain bot to have nano regen like the AAL guys plus a resistance to small arms fire
i added some blue flashes for the nano heal to my sprites
Possible, but I don't know how numgun did it. Perhaps making the burstdamage of all wounds a negative value.
i think the machine gun and missile launcher should be medium range for balance
and maybe 2 missiles to knock down a door?
Make him store 6 missiles to a clip. He's got a lot of space in there :)
the brain and the bot should gibb different and what i mean is the brain should explode into blood and guts while the body explodes into parts
That's easy, just take the wounds for the brain case and copy into the head of the mech.
this unit should be expensive like 350-500 gold maybe
Agreed. For balance.
maybe a medium range on the jet pack with blue flames and a medium walk speed
You said it would be a turbine, ergo, no flames. Walkspeed sounds ok.
i would like to see smoke come out the back of the arm when a missile launches and shells when it fires its gun
Shell rocket launcher should do fine for the first, not sure about the 2nd.
if possible it shouldn't be able to carry other weapons.... probably not possible
You're right.
you should be able to shoot the missile in mid air and cause it to explode much like the grenades already do
Good idea.
over all i'm thinking medium offense, heavy defense but isn't meant for surviving sustained fire
Brains never are.
file front link http://files.filefront.com/13654072

Last edited by Flammablezombie on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:03 am

Well done flammable. You could have just made the font flash like one of those epileptic videos.
That blue font is unreadable.

Ontopic: I dont like the leg nor the shoulder and the cylinders on the arm.
They dont look good. The round shoulder thing should look more inflated and ball-ish and just a tad larger.
The cylinders on the back of arm dont look like they changed at all. Make them bigger as in 2 times larger from what they are now. Make em look fat and big.

Now the leg isnt cool either. Especially the lower part. Make it much more fat, rounder and make the joint that connects the lower leg to the higher leg grey/dark and much more bulkier.
Also make the leg less tall. And make the lower and higher leg be connected much closer with each other.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:48 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
Happy now, you blatant trollbater?

Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:55 pm

I think it should be much stronger than the dreadnought, but you should give the part where the brain is an extremely nasty break wound that kills it instantly for balance.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:02 pm

its a brain trooper. it is for defense not assault. and the fact that it has a HUGE! piece of armor in front of the brain will be pointless if you get a insta kill with a head shot.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:20 pm

kadish wrote:
its a brain trooper. it is for defense not assault. and the fact that it has a HUGE! piece of armor in front of the brain will be pointless if you get a insta kill with a head shot.

Only if the armour is knocked away. Which is why it will be abnormally strong, so the brain can save its own ass if it's cornered.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:06 pm

numgun wrote:
Well done flammable. You could have just made the font flash like one of those epileptic videos.
That blue font is unreadable.

Ontopic: I dont like the leg nor the shoulder and the cylinders on the arm.
They dont look good. The round shoulder thing should look more inflated and ball-ish and just a tad larger.
The cylinders on the back of arm dont look like they changed at all. Make them bigger as in 2 times larger from what they are now. Make em look fat and big.

Now the leg isnt cool either. Especially the lower part. Make it much more fat, rounder and make the joint that connects the lower leg to the higher leg grey/dark and much more bulkier.
Also make the leg less tall. And make the lower and higher leg be connected much closer with each other.

ok well as i said before im tired and im taking a break from spriting so feel free to change it im not going to work on the sprites for a bit

and bladecat4 i think the nano regen was done with wounds emitting particle that have a negative wound value

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:12 pm

The variable is burstdamage on any wound I think.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm

I'm done with sprites until further notice
but what i can do to work on this and still retain my sanity is break stuff up into folders and look for emitters and sounds then post all that in a filefront link for you guys.

so lets use what i have as a place holder for the final sprites and in the meantime
coders are needed
all levels of experience welcome. I my self have never coded but will try to learn

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 pm

I'll help, but I have almost no experience. I can make the guns if you like. Would you like a specific image for them, or are they hidden in the arm? Also, tell me the specs, Fire rate, Clip size, Reload time, range, sight range, etc. Ask someone else for a full list of customizables.
EDIT: Would you mind posting the completed sheet? I wanna see the finished product :)
Also, it's better to make the rocket emit smoke than to sprite it with a muzzleflash sticking out its back, like you did in the latest complete sprite sheet.

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm

Flammablezombie wrote:
I'll help, but I have almost no experience. I can make the guns if you like. Would you like a specific image for them, or are they hidden in the arm? Also, tell me the specs, Fire rate, Clip size, Reload time, range, sight range, etc. Ask someone else for a full list of customizables.
EDIT: Would you mind posting the completed sheet? I wanna see the finished product :)
Also, it's better to make the rocket emit smoke than to sprite it with a muzzleflash sticking out its back, like you did in the latest complete sprite sheet.

ok i will get you some specs and post a complete sheet thanks bladecat4

Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:38 pm

Call me FZ, it might confuse some people. You can refer to me as Bladecat4 otherwise :)

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:13 pm

ok FZ .... anywho i checked out some weapons to see what i liked and here they are. coalition faction rocket launcher, and ronin faction m16.
those two seemed like the right power, distance, and ammo.
also for the over all resistance i like the unitek dummy mk3.
if you send him over to the enemies with no weapon in the tutorial level he soaks up just enough damage before getting killed.

currently im poring over AAL files trying to figure out how his ThermalRegen works
it seems its a wound emit

as for the cost im going to add up the two weapons and the dummy crab-bot plus 100 gold that should be right
which turns out to be 80g for the RL, 22g m16, 180g dreadnought, and plus 100g equals 382g... still seems cheap to me for what you would be getting so i think rounding it up to 400g might be a good idea

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next