View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lee-Enfield MKIII (Sprite included) 

Post Lee-Enfield MKIII (Sprite included)
Sup:D

Well I got a Lee-Enfield sprite but I failed so horrible at getting the code right. Lets say everything just went a bit messy.
I got 2 frame sprites for the Enfield with and without Magazine aswell as a magazine sprite itself.
If anything is wrong with the Sprites I see what I can do. For me it glitched like ♥♥♥♥, but I think I messed the Code.

Anyone that pieces some small modfolder together and gets the Sprite working would be my total god. With the Sprite you can do what you can imagine. I dont tell you anything howto config the files I just want it to be as near to the Real Lee-Enfield as possible. Would be Great:)

Attachments:
MagazineRifleB.bmp [1.09 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
RifleLongC000.bmp [1.29 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
RifleLongC001.bmp [1.29 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:02 am

Post Re: Lee-Enfield MKIII (Sprite included)
here you go. I used my own sprite, hope you don't mind.
If you can find a better firing sound, feel free to add it.
Attachment:
Lee-Enfield.rte.7z [26.4 KiB]
Downloaded 153 times

Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:08 am

Well Thanks alot! I got it all proper set up in a modfolder now and it loads up as it should But my Sprite is ♥♥♥♥ up xD
There are some invisible sides that cover the actors body. Its the Upper side where the aiming rail is and also the bottom side. Its ♥♥♥♥ up totally if the Actor looks to the Left. It appears in total messy pixel, even in the buy Menu. Actually my Sprite is simmilar to yours. But its a bit longer.
I think its couse I wanted the full Spectrum of what the eye can see. 8bit, RGB Colour. I dont like these Washed out Sprites with a less spectrum of Colours.
Any Hint to fix that?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:28 pm

You need to use the Cortex Command palette, found in Base.rte. To put your sprites in palette, select all and copy your sprite, then select all in the palette, and then paste it over the palette. This will change your colours to those closest in the palette. If you're using Win 7 paint, that will stuff ♥♥♥♥ up too, I recommend downloading XP paint or the free version of GraphicsGale.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 am

Well, okay I'll try it. Sadly you can't just use all colours :-P

By the Way I use Photoshop. Its most comfortable since I did starting make Sprites like 1 or 2 years ago. I worked there at like 2 Weapons for Cortex Command for several hours and it seemed to look awesome. But I lost them so ♥♥♥♥ it^^
I think it should work. Therfor: Thanks for the help lad

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]