View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Unrestricted Drop Down 

Post Unrestricted Drop Down
Hey!

When you have selected all your troops and equipment and select to drop them down, you are sometimes restricted to one area of the map.

I wonder if this can be changed somehow?
So you can drop things down where ever you want on the map.

I just love to pack a crate full of bombs and just drop it down on unsuspecting victims! :lol:

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:06 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Unrestricted Drop Down
This is coded into the scene by the person who made it, for whatever reason. Normally it is to prevent people just dropping ships into enemy bases, because that would be overpowered and silly.

If you really do want to bypass this, open the .ini file for the scene you want to win on, scroll down tot he bottom, and look for the "AddBox" section that refers to "LZTeam1" or something similar. Change the width of the box to cover the entire map, and hey presto, you're done.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Roast Veg wrote:
This is coded into the scene by the person who made it, for whatever reason. Normally it is to prevent people just dropping ships into enemy bases, because that would be overpowered and silly.

If you really do want to bypass this, open the .ini file for the scene you want to win on, scroll down tot he bottom, and look for the "AddBox" section that refers to "LZTeam1" or something similar. Change the width of the box to cover the entire map, and hey presto, you're done.

Thanks! Going to try it out at once.

Also I noticed there is an X and Y value, what are their purpose?
Because I was thinking of putting 0 in X and Y and then 5000 or 50000 in the width and height value, so I could just copy and paste the same code in every scene for easy and quick modding.
Will I mess something up if I make all the X and Y values into 0?
Open spoiler.

Thanks again!

Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:30 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

No, you won't mess anything up at all. The X an Y values relate to the position of the top left hand corner of the box, so setting them to 0 would put it in the top left hand corner of the screen. One thing to note, though, is that the neither the Y value nor the height actually affect the positioning of where you can land, CC will automatically place you at ground level, even if it isn't in the box.

So, even excluding whatever Y or height values you put into there, provided you set the X value to 0, and the width to at least the width of the map you are placing it on, this code will work on all scenes in Cortex Command.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:05 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Don't worry in B25 it'll be over the brain, regardless of where it's placed.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Roast Veg wrote:
No, you won't mess anything up at all. The X an Y values relate to the position of the top left hand corner of the box, so setting them to 0 would put it in the top left hand corner of the screen. One thing to note, though, is that the neither the Y value nor the height actually affect the positioning of where you can land, CC will automatically place you at ground level, even if it isn't in the box.

So, even excluding whatever Y or height values you put into there, provided you set the X value to 0, and the width to at least the width of the map you are placing it on, this code will work on all scenes in Cortex Command.

Ok, Thanks for your help!

Lizardheim wrote:
Don't worry in B25 it'll be over the brain, regardless of where it's placed.

Nice, but I hope it will still be modable to allow you to spawn where ever you want on the map.

Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]