View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 A drug called PCP 

Post A drug called PCP
Alright so i realize that the best way to get your request taken up would be to contribute... but honestly... i have no clue how to even START with this... but heres my idea... theres a drug called pcp... when you take it you basicly become the hulk (not green nor huge) my idea is to put this drug onto CC so heres a example... your stuck in this enemy base... with a pistol... and your about to get guned down... you know that you can only take like 3 rounds then your dead... so you pull out this LITTLE pill and use it... BAM now you absorb bullets like some magnetic sponge of ungodliness... you get up and take their WHOLE army down with just your pistol... but to bad it wears off and the bullets you recived are taking a toll on your health (loss of blood, swish cheese effect etc.) and now... your dead... BUT! you took the army out :D

Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Post Re: A drug called PCP
awesome like a painkiller that wears of then
OWMAIGAWD -!20000 damage and massive bleeding

seems useful how long would it last ideally ?

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:10 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Still wouldn't protect against gibbing.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 pm

"Excessively violent computer game with no mature content disclaimer encourages use of PCP to children, more on this at eleven."

Anyways, the pain pills on my Left 4 Dead mod kinda do this. They instantly give you an extra 50 health, but then over the course of the next minute, they remove 50 health. In the long run they do nothing, but they can sustain you temporarily. You're still vulnerable to gib limits, though.
But if you use too many with one non-L4D character, the game will crash, because they use an old trick, instead of newfangled Lua scripts.

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:56 pm

eh... but it would last only bout 5 minutes... real time... because lets be honest... in real life... crap doesnt run out in the middle of battle (exept ammo :sad: ) and i have no clue about anyhting in lua... so the most i can do is sprites... and thank you for wanting to help... this mod was acutlly thought up by a friend of mine... we were in health class XD

Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:50 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

As stated before, the only problem is that you could still die by crushing or having more wounds than the gib wound limit.

I think you can change gib wound limit and impulse limit with lua, the problem is that it would only work for the torso instead of the entire body, and unless the torso of the actor was huge enough to prevent the arms or legs getting hit, it wouldn't work.

But there might be another way to do it. I know lua, but I'm not that good on it.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:01 am

oooohh... thats even BETTER! because no matter how much PCP you take if your body gets shredded by bullets... you dead anyways... and the crushing problem... no drug in the world is gunna stop you from getting pancaked...

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, that easies up a lot of work. Really, a lot.

You can make the code to store the current health of the actor, then change it for 999 (it looks more insane that way) or simply put his health to 100 until the effect wears off. Then, back to your old health.

And you could even make your own actor, give him some custom values for gib wound limits and such, in that way PCP would be more "effective" on him.

I can help you out on some coding if you want, but I'll probably need some more help. My lua skills aren't incredibly awesome right now, but it's fine to do things like that.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:10 am

Thats always good... and is there a way to put health at inf.? becuz iam thinkin that it could change the health to be infinite till the effect wears off then jus back to where it was before and as a result of the bullets wounds it bleeds out... unless you can get immediate medical attention XD

Sooo bout the lua problem Nonsequitorian would you mind helping Asklar with the lua?

Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 am

so uh...Nonsequitorian seems to know what hes talkin about...

what do i need to do to make this happen? i cant do lua... i can do VERY little with ini. and iam not overly good with spriteing...

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:08 am

Here's an idea: make the TDExplosive gib invisible Lua'd particle(s) which searches for the closest actor within (x) pixels, and sticks (AKA update its pos as the actor's pos) onto the actor for a duration of time (set it via lifetime or such). When it latches it records the actor's current health. While particle is still 'alive' and has a target actor, it constantly updates actor's health to the recorded health until it disappears.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW

About the health:
(A = recorded health)
(B = current health)
(C = total damage)
C = 0
if health < A then
C = C + A - B
health = A
end
if time pass X then
health = health - C
end
so all damage will return...it's simply, but can it work? I haven't try this yet.

Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:59 pm

"Peelz here!"

Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:03 am

yeh they mentioned those earlier in the thread... but those dont give the effect i was wanting....

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:29 am

I just changed the lua of CaveCricket48's mod slightly, and it work like what I say. It'll lock the health for a while, then return half of the damage you'd taken(you can easliy set the multiple in the lua file). It's just easy as what I said ^_^
However, it won't do anything to the wounds. If I have time, I'll try the code like what Asklar said.

If you want to custom it, find the lua file, open it like other .txt, find these:
Quote:
self.durationtime = 8000

the number is the duration.
Quote:
self.parent.Health = self.parent.Health - (self.damagePoints / 2)

It's simple right? just change what you want.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
add some flash effect.

Made some mistakes. Fixed.

Attachments:
Pain Pills A.rte.rar [3.48 KiB]
Downloaded 187 times

Last edited by Xery on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next