View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 help for makeAI waves on skirmich 

Post help for makeAI waves on skirmich
hi, and sorry if it's wrong topic. i just want to know how to use zombies bots from apocalypse zombies on a map but i didn't undersand how to make it! if someone can help me i have download the ccmm but only basic bots appear on the list is it normal?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Post Re: help for makeAI waves on skirmich
i just want to say before everyone say i'm stupid first i'm not english second i don't understand the mmitems files systems where i must take it? moved it? i must write weapon before each weapons? same for actors? the tuto for mod manager is to basiclly for a noob i need more explain please

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 am

Nonsequitorian wrote:
A: It's fine if you ain't an English speaker, but it is slightly annoying to see a double post. The button that says "edit" lets you get rid of this problem.

Two: If you have the newest version of CCMM, then it should already be making the MMitems files for every mod in the directory, you wont need to write them yourself.

D: It would be greatly beneficial for you to provide a link to the mod, someone may have already made a skirmish ('tis skirmish, not skrimich) for the forum already.

Lastly: I am not bombarding you with overly critical criticism on how to write a question asking for help, but please, please, don't make it seem like you are a total N3wB, it ain't cool. Say it loud and say it proud, don't hide behind your own lack of experience.

Please refrain from helping if you do not what you are talking about, thank you.
Nonsequitorian wrote:
N3wB, it ain't cool. Say it loud and say it proud, don't hide behind your own lack of experience.

Anyway, Cortex Command Mod Manager Activities do not work with B24 yet. Since they generate the old .ini file and B24 now uses Lua activities.

Edit: Forgot to answer your question, unfortunately i do not know how activities work yet.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:30 am

guys, i'm so sorry i have tried all solution i found on forums but nothing works, thata's really frustrated me =) i'm sure there is just a little things i forget to make.
so i see in every mods folder a txt files with weapons and actors so i've write "MODname = ****" but that's doesn't add me units on mmcc this is my problems. this is what you says? i just have to make only one files in mods folder? or i must creat one to mmcc too?
i look my ccsetup this is 23 not 24 well:
1/ i know i need to put my mmitems on main folder mod but does i need to copy it in other files?
2/ if someone can post me pictures from an example for show me where i need to make a file or something.
3/ i find in forums another way, mission rte go to index ini and put // before some lines but i don't understand some words after for moved files or not from mod folder to mission rte.
4/ they speak about dark storm and aal files copy them to their folders (idiot question i think but...) only if i download this mod or this is the folder i miss
5/ i think i need a junction between mmcc and the mods i need to copy 2 files? 1 in mmcc, 1 one in mod or this is another way?
thanks and sorry for my second post, maybe i used bad expression or words.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:23 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

I'm not entirely sure what it is you are trying to do but if you want to fight against actors from mods during skirmish you have to edit a Lua script. Go to "Base.rte\Scenes\Scripts", open "SkirmishDefense.lua" and find the following line:
Code:
self.AList = { "Mia", "Dafred", "Dimitri", "Gordon", "Brutus", "Sandra", "Soldier Light", "Soldier Heavy", "Browncoat Light", "Browncoat Heavy" }
Just add the actor to the end of the list and restart the scene. Remember to remove it when you delete the mod, otherwise the script will throw an error.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:52 am

i'm just trying to use moder command "ccmm", i doesn't have the lua files u speaking, this is so hard to make enemy mods waves in this gamesin other games IA can take all race mods u choose this is so boring.
i see the ccmm tuto they say i just have to put a files on a folder i dunno which one and i dunno where i can find or make a mmitems files someone can explain me please?!!!!!!
for example i get the Zombie apocalypse mod and i want to try waves cycling from the mods files (i found a files looks like a generators waves) but the // method on index files doesn't work and i don't know how to use mod managi have something really strange i put mechwarrior mods like all other mods and the IA take mechs from this mod i didn't move change or do somthing why? a lot of mods get 23 updates like my games and it take only this one

Last edited by ownedXD on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 am

That is an old program and doesn't work with the current version of the game.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:52 am
Profile WWW

Wait, so, you want waves, as in, each wave has different actors in it?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:17 pm

I think he just wants to modify his activities.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Profile WWW

i want to choose enmy from mods (not vanilla) i've just make one game like i want with Zombots (they hunger) with modified index ini with double slash modification, the problem was just mod manager who doesn't work, just need to modified myself index files i never see a game so much complicated to mod why it's not like other games just have to put an army for IA and for players the game's creator need to patch it that's so so boring, if one of them see my post i buy this game 30 euro for better developpment so i think that's a good idea to make standard skirmish like in all other games just with selecting an army for IA no? actually this is too complicated too modified one hundred files for play a little i hope they will see my post.
or maybe another skirmish mod or option modification something like this.

ps: i'm not feeling bad, i'm not english so i have poor words for speaking, this is not an order or something like this, just a suggestion for better fun experience

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:37 pm

The thing is, in other games you can't add any army you want. With this, you can make any army you can think of, but for them to be your enemy you must make them do that too. Someone must do the work to make them complete. The system has just changed, so the makers of each army have not done the work yet, so for now you must.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:43 pm
Profile WWW

ok, was just an idea,i try to make the same game with zombie apocalypse but it's doesn' works... they lives got a skirmish ini files and zombie apoc doesn't, this is so hard each mod got is own system someone knwo how to choose only one mod for ai in skirmish a little and easy method that's i want to know thanks

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:30 pm

All the mods must have the extra work done. This system is new and no mods are using it yet.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:42 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]