View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 elevator request 

Post elevator request
Have you ever thorght about how it would be cool to take an elevator that can stop at each level of your base?

Im requesting that someone created an elevator thats just a flat unit ( Flat unit is that type that dosen't have box builded around them like normal elevators) that i guest starts at the bottom floor and there would be some area edge out for so theres no resisance beween walking over it.

This elevator would be able to go beween levels on your base say like hanger , Brain Valute , Storage.
and even to the surface to your base to unload troops.

im requesting this mod because i have posted an idea on a gameplay improvement theard and i want someone to make it a reality.

As always thanks for reading my post , if you take any offence to them please contact me ill be happy to change it.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:48 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: elevator request
Stop putting that taking offense stuff, if someone DOES take offense we got that report button [ ! ]

And yeah, elevators woulda been cool but sort of require better MO-MO collisions in the engine itself to look any pretty.
Remember someone mentioning an elevator from an earlier build tho.
Something about a door too.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:34 am

I made an ultra-crappy looking, moderately functional elevator, a long time ago.

It's not what you want though. It's a closed box, and it only works with actors and devices. It's technically an ACRocket that is pinned in place, with entrances and exits (craft doors) that come off at different positions, which align with bunker levels.

I can post it if you want, if I can find it.
It was on the forums, but I think it got lost when they removed the old minor mod compendium.

Last edited by Azukki on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:49 am

Hmm , Report button forgot about that.

You said something about an elevator , if you have created one i would love to see it because sure i may not be able to mod it but someone may be able to turn it in to something awsome.

Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:35 am

Well, here it is, in all of its terribleness.
Attachment:
Elevator.rte.rar [11.28 KiB]
Downloaded 186 times
Sometime I might put a little effort into it and make it not suck.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:52 am
DRLGrump

Sims_Doc wrote:
Have you ever thorght about how it would be cool to take an elevator that can stop at each level of your base?

Im requesting that someone created an elevator thats just a flat unit ( Flat unit is that type that dosen't have box builded around them like normal elevators) that i guest starts at the bottom floor and there would be some area edge out for so theres no resisance beween walking over it.

This elevator would be able to go beween levels on your base say like hanger , Brain Valute , Storage.
and even to the surface to your base to unload troops.

im requesting this mod because i have posted an idea on a gameplay improvement theard and i want someone to make it a reality.

As always thanks for reading my post , if you take any offence to them please contact me ill be happy to change it.

Is English your native language? Because if it is, then I take offense to how you've raped it.

Chillax bro. Warned for flaming. -Duh

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:06 am

Thank you for posting your elevator mod , ive had a look at it and its "Nice" but theres always room for improvement.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:51 am

It is pretty much the most reliable elevator you're going to find without editing the game on an engine level, so in this case the room for improvement happens to be illegal.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 am
Profile WWW

There are plenty of ways one could improve on this without editing the engine.

The most reasonable one is to use Lua to make an ACRocket elevator go up and down, between exit points, which would be customizable along the elevator shaft, allowing the doors to open at several predetermined points, and allowing you direct control over where you want to go between floors.

And you could also use Lua to make stuff hover up and down the elevator shaft, but if you wanted to do that in a way that actually has any benefit over the previous method, it would likely be really laggy.

Of course, you would indeed be hard-pressed to improve on my fantastic spriting and animation. :P

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 pm

Azukki wrote:
if you wanted to do that in a way that actually has any benefit over the previous method, it would likely be really laggy
Hence why I said reliable instead of better. You could probably make a better one, but it would probably be fairly crashy/laggy.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile WWW

you could use cavecricket's mine cart.http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19479

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Anyway ive been thinking about it and im going to try and created the Sprites for an elevator , i just need to learn pixel art... sometime next week.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 pm

You may need a longer time to become adequate in skill to do that. Spriting is as much of a learned skill as most other skills.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Just a suggestion... isn't there a Map Pack 3 elevator? I don't know if it works or anything, just making a suggestion.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Well ive just look that up and found "Lua Tech inc" and i think that may have an elevator , just need to get cortex command running now...

Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]