View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Mass Effect 2 (Give me a chance, I can code .ini) 

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Post Mass Effect 2 (Give me a chance, I can code .ini)
Hey, all, long time lurker, first time poster.

I figured since it's frowned upon to be an 'idea man', I should say I've picked up some things and can code for whoever picks this up. Not Lua, just .ini, but it's something.

So I was figuring a standard Cmd. Shepard, male, like the cover boy, with a Predator and Carnifex, Avenger and Vindicator, Mantis and Viper, Katana and Scimitar and a Shuriken and Tempest to choose from. Nothign fancy, just a half-decent spriter would be appreciated. I probably won't release this, although it isn't my first try, unless people like the idea of a Mass Effect 2 mod. I may also include other weapons, but for now I'm just gonna put in the easy to get generic ones.

The reason I chose Mass Effect 2 is mainly because it has less weapons than it's predecessor, so I'm obliged to do less. Also, ideas on how the hell we're gonna make a jetpack fit in the N7 Armor would be appreciated.

Cheers,
[Whatever you wanna call me].

Wed May 26, 2010 10:27 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Mass Effect 2 (Give me a chance, I can code .ini)
Welcome, and thank you for reading before you post a request. Secondly, viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17889&hilit=Mass+Effect+Weapons This might be of some help, Spriting, coding or otherwise.

Thirdly, I guess your username could be...Cheers? :???:

Fri May 28, 2010 12:52 am

[Insert Name Here] wrote:
make a jetpack fit in the N7 Armor

No need. In ME2 there's a biotic ability that slams you across a distance at an ungodly speed. You could use that!

Fri May 28, 2010 4:45 am

Joe wrote:
[Insert Name Here] wrote:
make a jetpack fit in the N7 Armor

No need. In ME2 there's a biotic ability that slams you across a distance at an ungodly speed. You could use that!
I don't understand how biotic slam has anything to do with propelling a character under control of the human player.

Fri May 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Not biotic slam. Hold on...

Ah. It's called Charge. It's a power available to the Vanguard class. It lets you phase through objects and slam into enemies w/o taking damage.

You could have it to where you press a certain key, a marker appears, you move the marker to the desired position, then hit the key again to Charge to that position.

Fri May 28, 2010 11:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]