View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post Avatar Mod
I was looking to make an Avatar mod for CC about the movie. I am not so good and at moding so i dont want to make any promises cus i am still just starting to think about it but before i did anything, i wanted to make sure that noone else was already making an Avatar mod?

Last edited by TechnoGeek on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 am

Post Re: Avatar Mod
NO, BAD AVATARD!
Get out please.

NO, BAD FLAMETARD warned -Duh

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:36 am
Loose Canon

Why don't you get out? I've seen absolutely nothing helpful from you. All I've seen you do is moan about how other people's ideas and work suck.
While Na'vi actors would most likely suck, I personally think the gunships and mechs in Avatar were awesome. They would make great mod content.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:41 am
Profile WWW
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Hyperkultra wrote:
gunships in Avatar would make great mod content.

heh

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:53 am

GreenSaint wrote:
NO, BAD AVATARD!
Get out please.

NO, BAD FLAMETARD warned -Duh

Could you ban him :D

Back on-topic: yeah, Na'vi would be really tall and unarmored.
Making for a really vulnerable target.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:43 am

The gunships were basically from halo/Starship Troopers/Aliens/etc, though I would love to see the Dragon done as an armed carrier.
While I liked the movie, the Na'vi are not that interesting as soldiers, and everything else was pretty generic scifi.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 am

The movie wasn't that bad, but it's too overrated. The Na'vi would be pretty cool and stealthy if they get a bow and some kind of melee weapon.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
The bow had blades on it. And they also had hunting knives, and I believe the males had another one for fighting as well. So, a pair knives and an alternate fire which does melee damage on the bow?

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Hyperkultra wrote:
Why don't you get out? I've seen absolutely nothing helpful from you. All I've seen you do is moan about how other people's ideas and work suck.
While Na'vi actors would most likely suck, I personally think the gunships and mechs in Avatar were awesome. They would make great mod content.

What the hell are you talking about!!!!! All I have done on this forum is Roll to Dodge and ocasionaly ask a coding question...I have never even commented on a mod let alone complain :(

Last edited by TechnoGeek on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 pm

He wasn't talking to you.
The idiot they are talking about was the second poster.

But now that I am, I want to ask you to type your words out all the way (at most a few keys).
Just because it makes the world a better place.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:22 pm

Ohhh sorry Hyperkultra...totaly misunderstood who everyone was talking to... :-?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:24 pm

sorry in advance for the long post

dude, an avatar mod with the na'vi could be awesome, after all, anyone who payed attention to the details mentioned near the start of the movie, they had carbon fiber weave in their BONES. In there freaking BONES man! natural body armor right in their RIB CAGES. I suggest if the navi where made, that they be un-gib-able for just that reason. Even with all the explosions in that movie, you never see na'vi parts. not even the suggestion of it.

also, remember how they're about 9 feet tall? well, consider that the bows they where using where about long-bow sized for their bodies. remember the size of the arrow that hit the guy in his mech? the arrow was longer than he was tall, and wider than a cigar, and I wouldn't doubt if they had something like metal, or even something like DIAMONDS since they seemed to have no sense of 'monetary values'.

Consider that, a 7 foot long, half-inch wide pole, with a DIAMOND tip, a diamond the size of a steak-knife... Now consider how strong the na'vi are. those bows for all we know could have had a 300 pound pull to them, considering they could pick people up one handed.

Thats a destructive damn stick.

9 foot tall, blue super-humans with bullet-proof bones, and bows and arrows that can shoot through pullet proof glass, that when used right, could take out mechs and space-craft. not to mention being able to survive to stand up to heavy machinegun fire. after all, the na'vi did win, against superior technology AND numbers. And before anyone says anything about it, I already know, "Avatar 2, exterminatus now"

Now avatar fagging aside, in terms of 'could this be a well made mod' and 'could this mod be strong, even over-powered' oh yes, it definitely can. The problem is, is it a good idea. To that I say no, and for one simple reason.

The Na'Vi are blue.
THE SKY IS BLUE
THE SKY IS THE SAME BLUE.

you'd never be able to see them, so it would be horrible. now if you made a map with say, a GREEN backdrop or something, then hell yes this would be awesome, but unless someone can make a backdrop that isn't blue, that doesn't look like a bag of ass, this can't possibly be a good idea.

however, yes the mechs and gunships would be pretty kick ass, to bad the designs are kinda generic.

the smaller aircraft, see Starcraft 2
the mechs, see "Exo Squad"
the larger ships, well, they kinda reminded me of the pelicans from Halo.... only bigger, to which point
the larger ships, See: the Aliens Quadrilogy
the troops, See the US Army, the coalition, or War Inc.

Making the humans from avatar, while they would be awesome, it wouldn't be the same without also having the Na'ni for them to fight. So make a green, or red, or brown, or whatever non-blue sky, and make both, and release it all.... If anyone is actually going to do this.

I'm all for an avatar mod, if it's done right. I am sorry for making this such a long looooong post, but I actually had alot to say. oh yes and before you say it grif, I know, there's really no such thing as originality anymore, simpsons did it, everythings halflife, jesus said it but we think its spock, etc. don't even have to say it, it would be like the 5th time you have anyway.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:33 am
Profile YIM WWW

Well i dont want to get anyones hopes up because i have only worked on a few mods in the past, none of which i put on the forum but i was thinking of giving it a shot but i dont know how well it will turn out or even if it will.

You made some valid points though especialy about the bone structure. It seems quite evident in the movie that the Na'vi are much more relisiant than humans so that might be something to incorperate.

Also, what you said about the colors. I had an idea for making some levels on Pandora in which case it might be cool to put the planet it orbits in the back or something like that, but like i said, i haven't even started yet so this is all uncertain. :)

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 am

You need to make them gibbable if you do make them because, correct me if I'm wrong, the current AI will continue to fire at the body until it gibs, even after death.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Correcting you if you're wrong (you are):

Actors can 'die' without gibbing quite easily; it's just that it seldoms happen in standard CC circumstances. If an actor is wounded enough, they can bleed out, and upon reaching negative health, they will keel over and quite readily die. The AI treats dead actors just the same as gibbed ones.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next