View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Requesting a Dropship Hull! 

Post Requesting a Dropship Hull!
Gah! I just can't do it! No matter how hard I try I just can never get my dropships to look how I'd like them to. I just can't get them to look right, I really can't I try and try and I just end up deleting hours worth of work out of hate and rage. :x

It annoys me to no end because I can sprite everything else but dropships. I plead with any of you here that can do a brilliant job on a dropship to use your magnificent skill to make me a dropship hull for my current WIP faction.

To give you some idea of what I envisioned my dropship to look like:

The UD-4L Cheyenne ship would be the kind of thing that I'm shooting towards, doesn't have to be exact or anything in fact I'd rather it look unique but this gives you an Idea of what to base your design on should you be kind enough to take up my request.

To give you an idea about the colour scheme I have posted below my mods bunker buster/trooper.

Image Image

Grays/Silvers/Blacks with red decal or lights is all good.

I ask this of you guys because my current WIP faction has ways of getting into the battle but no way of getting out and I don't like using the default dropships because they are a bit weak. I'm going to make this one hover and a bit more armoured to make pulling out troops/rescuing brain units easier / possible. Plus as the metagame will allow you to choose your own faction I'd like to have my own dropship.

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out, I’ll be eternally grateful and would totally owe you one.

CBM02

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:14 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Requesting a Dropship Hull!
what the hull, ( you know cuz ur lokin for a hull ) i'll give it a try. but you must credit me.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:37 am
Banned

No, he's not going to, he'll just steal your work and claim it as his own.
/sarcasm
Honestly, p0kets, you're either trolling, joking, or unbelievably stupid.
Also, read this, in relation to your apparent need to point out your pun.
On a slightly more on-topic note, where would that thing have doors, doc? Iirc, the Cheyenne had a ramp in the back.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 am
Profile YIM

Of course you'd be credited. -.-

The doors would probably be worked into the side or the bottom... as I said it doesn't have to be exact. I'd rather you play around with it and make it unique. :grin:

It's just the hull, I can never make them look right. When I have the hull I can make up the engines, doors, gibs and everything like that myself. It's just without being able to make a hull I like I'm pretty much stuck. :P

Also, many thanks for taking up my request. If anyone else wants to try too please feel free. You guys have got quite a free-range over the outcome so it'd be nice to see different ones plus I can always find use for them.

EDIT: Hey guys it's been like 3 weeks and I still dont have a drop ship hull. Just bumping to say that this request is still open and that I still need one. :P

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm
Profile WWW

A little late to the game but If you still need it cool, else I had fun doing it.

I am not the best spriter but I did try my best.

It is not finished because I can't do contrast and shadowing well, but I will try it if you need me to.

Enjoy.

Attachments:
HullC.bmp [10.47 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey! That's not half bad! Thanks! I'll probably work on it a bit. Thanks a lot. :grin:

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]