View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Capture point gamemode 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Capture point gamemode
Or a single scene.

Two rocket pads (only place one can order stuff), one for red and one for green, the capture points would have lights depending on who owns it at the moment.

One would get money from holding the control points and one would win when one controls all control points.

Someone please make this?

Edit: would be nice if bunker modules were made too, to allow it to be played on every map.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm
Loose Canon

Post Re: Capture point gamemode
Lizard wrote:

One would get money from holding the control points.

Fundamental flaw: as soon as one person gets a point, they instantly have an advantage that cannot be overcome with reasonable means.

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

A better suggestion in curs starting with each player holding a control point with various others relatively the same distance from the two bases:

Control point Red-----------------------Neutral Point 1---------Neutral Point 2---------Neutral Point 3------------------Control point green
_____________________________/---------------\______/---------------\______/---------------\______________________________

Could be a great scene.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 am

With regenerating funds of perhaps 10G/s, (1G/100ms) per control point (including the base control point: perhaps the base could provide a little more than 10G/s). This could be a great match against other players. Uh... AI... not so much, for reasons I won't bother going into.

It would certainly be a nice change, instead of just invading or just holding a position. You're doing a bit of both!

This idea get's my support.

Edit: I felt the need to add that the gold generation from one point (10G/s) would require the player to hold their main base for 31s (calculated from memory) in order to get a light soldier with a YAK47 on a Mk1 Coalition Dropship.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:12 am
Loose Canon

That's why we have starting gold!

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:17 am
Profile WWW

I resent your reply because it misses the entire point of the post. I was making an example of a situation whereby you might possibly have spent every last G on troops and have them advancing thus meaning you have a slow income rate.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:46 am
Loose Canon

How much fun is it when you have to spend half a minute waiting to deploy some of the most basic of troops? The starting gold would just be to eliminate that beginning lull. It shouldn't be over 500oz, otherwise it gets unbalanced right off the bat.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:15 am
Profile WWW

I never said there wouldn't be starting gold. I was detailing a hypothetical situation. Besides, discrepancies with balance can be ironed out with testing. If the gold regeneration is too slow, up it. If there isn't enough starting gold, up it. So on and so forth.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:19 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It wouldn't be imbalanced, because one would only get reinforcements at the first control point, at the rocket pad.
The "defender" could just order empty mk1s and crash into the enemy's actors.

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]