View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Weapon request - Only coding needed 

Post Weapon request - Only coding needed
I hope that this is nothing extraordinary or hard since you could actually take the code out of another existing weapon, but I would like if someone made a simple weapon for me.

I have all sounds and sprites done, but I can't code. And therefore let me explain how I would like it to be. The name should be Pulseflasher, and I would like it to fire with alternating barrels - take the autocannon for example. I would like it to shoot a fast projectile (PFShot) with a glow around it (PFShotglow). I have included muzzleflashes and muzzleglows, (PFMuzz and PFMuzzleGlow) which I would like to show a tiny bit longer than the average muzzleflash/glow on, say, a simple SMG.

The magazine should be mid-cap, say 20 shots. It should be automatic but have a low fire rate (about 200, I can change it myself If I like). The reload should be long, and weight about mid, not too heavy. The projectile should have a very small blast radius at impact, but only the size of the Muzzleglow sprite. It should be pretty accurate

I have included a Mag.bmp too, of course which I would like stationed as in the picture below, and if you could, please add the "PFShotglow" sprite to the screw-like part when he shoots (As it lights up). Also, no casings please. This is a fully energy-based weapon)

All the sounds included speak for themselves I guess. I hope it's not too hard or too complicated, but I would really like it to be done! :D (And yes, I know the weapon looks a lot like a Tau rifle. I saw it and apparently it bears a huge resemblance)

Attachments:
File comment: Placement of magazine. This picture is also in the zip with all the sounds and sprites.
Placement of Magazine.png [3.71 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
File comment: Sprites and Sounds
Pulseflasher Sprite and Sounds.zip [668.79 KiB]
Downloaded 184 times

Last edited by Ikare on Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:50 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Weapon request
Nice sprite you got there.

For two barrels, you use the tracer for the second barrel and the regular bullet for the first one.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Lizard wrote:
Nice sprite you got there.

For two barrels, you use the tracer for the second barrel and the regular bullet for the first one.

Yeah, I guess I found out by rambling through the codes, but I still don't understand a lot of this, and that's why I need a little help.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm

http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/HDFirearm

That page shows you the basic structure of the code for a weapon, you can copy and paste the parts you need, change the file names, ect.

Also if there's any parts of the code you don't understand you can ask here. I hope this helps. :grin:

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:49 pm

matty406 wrote:
http://www.datarealms.com/wiki/index.php/HDFirearm

That page shows you the basic structure of the code for a weapon, you can copy and paste the parts you need, change the file names, ect.

Also if there's any parts of the code you don't understand you can ask here. I hope this helps. :grin:

I know how to do a good portion of that, and explaining it for me is good too. But it doesn't let me know how to actually shoot a bullet as a sprite instead of a particle/pixel, letting it explode on impact, attaching glowing effects to the gun/projectile or having the weapon shooting with alternating barrels like in the autocannon.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:49 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Just look at rocket launchers and grenade launchers from the game.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:50 pm

Ok.. I'm really just saying I have no experience in this, but if I have to do this myself at least set guidelines.

I know that I need to make the code for shooting. That is switching between the sprites for firing everytime it does fire. First time it fires, it takes frame 2 and next time frame 3. The same with the muzzleflashes and position of the muzzleglow. I also know that I have to make a projectile that is oriented to the direction it is going, with a glow sprite over it that makes a very small explosion on impact. I still have no idea how to do it, but I'll try.

Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:54 pm

DUBBLE POAST

I've been rustling around with the coding and frankly, I have no idea how to do this. Right now It just needs the shots all in all, and the muzzleflash/glow needs to stay longer, replacement of muzzleflash/glow and magazine. I don't know how to align them correctly.

Apparently the people in here actually missed the fact that I can't code for crap :-o

EDIT: Offsets fixed

EDIT2: I forgot that the explosion should not be the conventional ones with fire, if possible. Just a short blue flashy stuff, and the range hazard of the explosion being fired too close to you should be low, (Meaning when I said small blast radius) but have a good damaging effect when hitting on an enemy

CODE INCOMMIN'

Pastebin'd that for ya. Please use it in the future for long code segments. -Duh

*Ah, sorry 'bout that.

EDIT3 HURR: Ok so I actually made the projectile out of the autocannon itself.. It's just that it does not have the effect that I wanted. The explosion's visuals are also supposed to be the blue plasma stuff that is used for the rest of the effects. Also, the way that it detonates is that the projectile sort of shoots shrapnel in a large radius, and doesn't damage much when you hit spot-on the target. As I have stated before, the blast radius should be very limited so it only damages what it hits. ( I also need to make the glow on the projectile itself - Also, I actually updated my magazine sprite but that's no biggie)

NEWER CODE INCOMMIN'

Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:49 pm

Post Re: Weapon request - Only coding needed
Triple Post Bumping, (Probably not a good idea) because It's been a few days since a reply and I still can't get nothing working the way I picture it.

The code I have so far is on the post just above, " NEWER CODE INCOMMIN' "

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Quadruple post bump, old thread and all.

I still want this done, but I kinda forgot about it. I don't think it would be too hard, but I need help because I can't do more than half of it myself.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Honestly?
Everyone can code. If you can speak in properly grammatical sentences and understand basic arithmetic you can easily learn the simple syntax of a code like CC's ini.
Insisting you cannot is a pretty lazy thing to do, it's not like you're so busy with life that you could not take the time to learn (you're playing CC after all).
Not to sound caustic, but generally life is better for those that help themselves, and have more confidence.

...I'll take a look at what you need.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]