View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Big O 

Post Big O
alright, we have a bunch of mechs, but i mean come on. anyone who has seen this show should want a Big O. It has pildriver arms to smash the living hell out of any and eveything close range(perfect for bunker breaching!) it has the chrome buster, a long range laser beam that shreads the hell out of everything(but no terrain rape for this weapon), and then it has a bunch of missiles inside the torso plating. it also ha an uber weapon like an ypsilon canon, but even in the series it is one use, then it falls off pretty much burnt out from usage.
but all the other robots seems more futuristic or too... what's a word to describe it... too streamlined. This guy is just one big macho robot that can take a ton of punishment but moves slow as hell.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 pm

Post Re: Big O
I want one of those for my Christmas, I'll be glad to sprite it, but someone
have to lead the team, you know someone like duh, nax reccomend you to PM him.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:54 pm
Banned

Why does that thing wear a skirt? Anyways, NaXx is right, walkpaths for that thing are going to be horribly hard to make, and Duh's the person you want to talk to for those.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:56 pm
Profile YIM

yeah, i'm aware its complex, and i have no experience with coding. but i can just imagine this thing towering over the battlefield. and having a roger smith(special abilities, maybe increasing relod times of Big O when near or something) actor and a dorothy(android that can run super fast and is super strong) would be awesome. and then having Norman the butler being around to repair it and handle infantry weapon. could make a whole faction of this based on one mech haha.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Banned

I'm fairly certain decreasing reload times under certain conditions is currently impossible. Though Grif should know for sure.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:11 pm
Profile YIM

well it was an example. actually looking back into the series roger has a skeleton key and a rappel wire, so he could be somewhat of an infiltrator. or have stealth capability. or just drive his missile loaded machine gun toting car.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Metal Meltdown wrote:
Why does that thing wear a skirt?

actually the edges are these huge rocket propelled "anchors" on chains that are used as direct weapons or for improvised pruposes.
mainly the design was just to seperate it from gundam robots with their more "squared off" design.

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Banned

The... the edges? Are you serious? How the hell is wearing something meant for combat around your hips make for anything but a ridiculously hilarious weapon?

Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 pm
Profile YIM

well for one it's used to brace himself in some situations, such as when the uber weapon is being used. the chains are still attached. and you can also stop somebody fleeing, and at one point it's like a rappel for the giant robot. not to mention a rocket powered blade can do some serious damage. you could think of it like a radial shotgun of rocket powered axes.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:17 am

NaXx wrote:
I want one of those for my Christmas, I'll be glad to sprite it, but someone
have to lead the team, you know someone like duh, nax reccomend you to PM him.

naxx, duh says that if sprite were made for something like the zaku gundam in the GODDAMN mod then he could whip up a code.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 am

Gurren Lagann is way better.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:25 am

Contrary wrote:
Gurren Lagann is way better.

in terms of storyline i don't like it as much. and i also like film noir better, which this series alludes to strongly with it's art style.

Gurren Lagann has half fan service and half action, but no real depth to the underlying story other than for maybe a few episodes.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:29 am
happy carebear mom

TomThom wrote:
naxx, duh says that if sprite were made for something like the zaku gundam in the GODDAMN mod then he could whip up a code.

Sprites at a similar size I meant. I could do it for something smaller too, if you would prefer. The Zaku is kinda pushing the limit of size for functional Cortexing. Much bigger and you run into the problem the dropship faces, where I had to partition it into attachables to be able to collide with it.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:32 am

smaller is probably better, just for gameplay's sake. though, crushing a dropship with a foot would be amazing.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:34 am

TomThom wrote:

Uhm I guess if daily we manage to sprite plasma submachine guns in 1x1 sprites
I'll manage to fit in that goddamn humongous proportion...

(resprite its usually very easy but I recommend you to try with 500 pixels re-sprite xD...)

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next