View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Bank Robbery 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Bank Robbery
My friend told me about how great it would be to rob a coalition bank with ronins. So i thought that it is so good idea that it must be posted here. Think, ronins are out of funds. They can't find gold anywhere, so they have to rob a bank. Somebody got enough time to make something like that?

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:26 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Re: Bank Robbery
And where would they find a coalition bank? The coalition probably has none.
And only things they probably have which is even remotely close is some heavily guarded vaults.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:29 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Lizard wrote:
And where would they find a coalition bank? The coalition probably has none.
And only things they probably have which is even remotely close is some heavily guarded vaults.

Maybe they are storing gold for bad times? "Pahan päivän varalle."

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:32 pm
Banned

Now, my brothers, we have to fulfill Kane's plan! Rob the- oh, wait.
Back on-topic, this could actually be a fun mission, but as Lizard said, it might work better if the Ronin attack an R&D lab or something... Unless the mission is on Midas.

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:34 pm
Profile YIM

Yeah, it would be really awesome to have a mission that takes place on the Tradestar. It seems like it would require a lot of sparkle magic though, because there would be completely different rules. (No ordering ships, less destructible terrain, probably a few civilians/businessmen/prospectors, and so on.) Sounds like a very good idea though. :-o

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:17 pm
Loose Canon

Johnson: Mr. President, what should we do?
President: CONTACT WEEGEE IMMEDIATLY! And the president of Madagascar.
Johnson: Madagascar already closed their port!
President: I CAN NEVER WIN, CAN I?!?

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

Removed the off topic imbeciles

Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:28 pm

A robbery mission?

Provide a full script what happens, how and when and someone might even code if its doable enough.
Try to keep it simple for first atleast.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:01 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

numgun wrote:
A robbery mission?

Provide a full script what happens, how and when and someone might even code if its doable enough.

Okay, let's think. You spawn with a ronin strike team outside the objective building. First, you have to take out the guards. If someone spots you and starts shooting, they will send polices or something. Then, if you didn't warn the guards, You can sneak in and take out the inside guards. Then you have to dig into the vault and mine the gold in there. Then, you would sound an alarm and there would be a Swat Team (or something like that) coming. Then you would have a little time to mine the gold and get away. If you fail, the heavily armed troops come in to destroy you. If you survive them, you have to quickly disappear before more polices arrive.
Does that soud good enough? It was written in ~10 minutes.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:32 pm
Banned

That might be interesting, but you'd need to use lots of ducts. More than that Coalition prison/base mission from B22 (can't recall its name...). Maybe you could use Darlos' silenced pistols as special weapons for this mission, being the only weapons that can be used without sounding the alarm.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 pm
Profile YIM
Banned

numgun wrote:
A robbery mission?

Don't do it, he's going to steal your work and release it as his own without providing proper attribution!

Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile YIM

Why not with some better guys? I mean, Ronin guys die way too fast! Especially from laser rifles. I think it's a better idea to have some guys like the BW Mercenaries robbing that space station where all your troops come from, they have probably lots of money.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:55 pm
Loose Canon

joost1120 wrote:
Why not with some better guys? I mean, Ronin guys die way too fast! Especially from laser rifles. I think it's a better idea to have some guys like the BW Mercenaries robbing that space station where all your troops come from, they have probably lots of money.

If you can just storm the place with a nigh invincible death machine, then there wouldn't be any fun. Using the ronin, you have to be more careful about getting killed and making kills, but the BW Mercenaries could just blow the whole thing up. The ronin seem like they would be in need of the monies more than BW anyway.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Banned

Also, changing actors in a mission is mindblowingly easy even if you don't know Lua. So just tweak the mission to your liking.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:26 pm
Profile YIM

ProjektTHOR wrote:
numgun wrote:
A robbery mission?

Don't do it, he's going to steal your work and release it as his own without providing proper attribution!

Damn right I will steal the idea of the script if its good, but release it? Screw you guys. :razz:

Also stealing stuff is pretty much a cool mission and fitting for my BW:Mercs anyways. These guys are pro, but it doesnt mean they dont need the cash.

Lets say Dimitri made a contract the mercs to steal the bank/vault/storage/we and agreed for a 50/50 share of the moneys and in return Dimitri might provide a place for the mercs to hang out or something else valuable.

They are mercs after all.

Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next