View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Doctor Who [UPDATE 7-20] 

Post Doctor Who [UPDATE 7-20]
I have no experience coding for CC, but would like to give some ideas for a mod.

The Doctor
    He is in the guise of a human so he wouldn't need to be too strong. When killed, he should phase out of existence instead of gibbing, or regenerate if you feel like being more accurate to the source material (while breaking the game). If this is significantly harder than making gibs it doesn't need to be there.
    Roon3 wrote:
    Regeneration is also quite simple and won't break the game. Just stop him "resting," start a timer, and when the timer reaches [30 seconds, maybe], heal him.

Sidekicks
    Rose, Donna, I don't know. Whoever. Just to flesh out the Actors section of the mod, I suppose.

[Boring waste of time]

Daleks
    Required, I'd think. Beam-style weapon and superb flying abilities. Other baddies like the Cybermen or the Ood would be a nice touch, especially if the Ood's Orb could convert enemy units to your team. [I've got a prototype, and it's brilliant.]

TARDIS
    A dropship-style craft, though the thrusters would need to be hidden. Would need to disappear like the Doctor when scuttled or destroyed, but again, I don't know how complex that coding would be.

Sonic Screwdriver
    Nanokey-like function for opening doors and such. If it could function as a universal detonator for C4-type explosives, that would be good for added depth. [I really think this should be here even if the Doctor isn't.]

Weapons?
    I don't know about this. Torchwood devices maybe? [How about the Cybermen Dimension Vault from 'The New Doctor'? It could work like Prom's Ion Gun, for dematerializing things without leaving gibs everywhere...]

To my knowledge, no one's done this, and I think it would make a good addition to the CC universe.
This is a good place to start for sprites.

Last edited by superking208 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: Doctor Who
Making the doctor and humans would be a bit useless IMO, especially as they are pacifists.
If you make anything from Doctor Who it should be some of the aliens.

I'd say daleks but they'd have difficulty with even the gentlest of CC slopes.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:03 am

superking208 wrote:
    The Doctor
    He is in the guise of a human so he wouldn't need to be too strong. When killed, he should phase out of existence instead of gibbing, or regenerate if you feel like being more accurate to the source material (while breaking the game). If this is significantly harder than making gibs it doesn't need to be there.

Making him phase is actually easier than having him gib. And regeneration is also quite simple and won't break the game. Just stop him "resting," start a timer, and when the timer reaches #, heal him (I haven't tryed this before, but it sounds like it'd work).

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:13 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

metal chao wrote:
daleks but they'd have difficulty with even the gentlest of CC slopes.

Are you sure?

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 am

metal chao wrote:
Making the doctor and humans would be a bit useless IMO, especially as they are pacifists.

Ha ha, this is true, but I think it would be nice to have the Doctor in a Doctor Who mod.
Roon3 wrote:
Making him phase is actually easier than having him gib. And regeneration is also quite simple and won't break the game. Just stop him "resting," start a timer, and when the timer reaches #, heal him (I haven't tryed this before, but it sounds like it'd work).

Brilliant. I'll add this to my topic post, if you don't mind.

Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW

The doctor doesn't really figfht though, does he? he outwits the opposition. if you're going to have to have fighting tinmelords, you'd have the chancellory guards Image

or, the master?
well..it's just an idea.

it shouldn't be too hard to make a cyberman, should it?, preferably a classic series one...ooh, and i'd love to see Morbius, like ca..Image

Just a mad fan, me, nothing else....

Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:19 pm

according to the new series, Daleks can hover/fly up stairs...could just give them invisible legs.

Also, WHY did no one mention the Cybermen!? Electric gloves of doom ftw!

EDIT: oh wait...there it is, right above me...cybermen.

also, since the Doctors a pacifist, give him the Sonic Screwdriver which (when held) destroys guns or something, or heals people (very stupid i know)

Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]