View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
Idea:

The only actor in the buy menu is Samus w/o the different kinds of suits. When you buy Samus, you go to the Tools tab or something and buy an indicator thingy as to what suit you want her to have. Then, when Samus emerges from the craft after you order her, use Lua to find the first indicator thing and then use more Lua to switch to the proper actor.

Like the Crobos.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Hmm I could make held devices (a small colored ball or something) which work like CC48's repair kit to change the samus into the samus suit and it would be a one time only use weapon.

That should work. You buy samus with the standard suit and can buy power up suits in the tools menu.

Edit: Err quick question. What do the suit do??

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:01 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Can't you have crouch tapped two times fast turn samus into morph ball and two times up turns her back?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 pm

none wrote:
Hmm I could make held devices (a small colored ball or something) which work like CC48's repair kit to change the samus into the samus suit and it would be a one time only use weapon.

That should work. You buy samus with the standard suit and can buy power up suits in the tools menu.

I personally would make the basic starting Samus be in the zero suit, then have everything build on that.

Lizard wrote:
Can't you have crouch tapped two times fast turn samus into morph ball and two times up turns her back?

Yes.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:04 pm

none wrote:

That sounds good to me! I could sprite the power ups no problem.
Samus' suits give her different abilities and protection against certain elements. The 3 I planned on doing were the Fusion suit, Phazon suit, and PED suit. Really, this is just an aesthetic choice. In most games, there are 3 important suits: the Power suit, which is her first suit; the Varia suit, which increases her resistance to fire damage and cuts damage in half; and the Gravity suit allows her to move better in certain environments and jump higher. I could make all of these very easily.

The Fusion Suit infused Samus with Metroid DNA, which I guess could make her immune to metroid attacks or something for our mod. The Phazon Suit made her immune to a radioactive material called (you guessed it) Phazon, more importantly it allowed her to use the Phazon canon which temporarily turned her arm canon into a spazzed out laser canon. The PED (Phazon Enhancement Device) suit was more or less another version of the Phazon suit, but allowed her to harness Phazon energy.

None of these actually have to make into the mod. I'm just happy that this has gotten as far as it has!

Oh, and, lest we forget: The Zero Suit

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile WWW

Bah, i'll work on the Power Ups

You keep on making Samus look Sexy

EDIT: Unless we intend on making a mission with this i wouldnt bother with the Phazon Suit, We can keep the PED suit though for the Uber Rape Cannon... Maybe we can Replace the Phazon with the Varia or the Gravity? Varia might help as resistance to damage and/or Flamer attacks (Or flames in general) or the Gravity which can make Samus jump higher or give her some kind of Gravity Power that distorts gravity around her even though thats totally NOT what the suit does...

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 pm

Coops9753 wrote:
Bah, i'll work on the Power Ups

You keep on making Samus look Sexy

EDIT: Unless we intend on making a mission with this i wouldnt bother with the Phazon Suit, We can keep the PED suit though for the Uber Rape Cannon... Maybe we can Replace the Phazon with the Varia or the Gravity? Varia might help as resistance to damage and/or Flamer attacks (Or flames in general) or the Gravity which can make Samus jump higher or give her some kind of Gravity Power that distorts gravity around her even though thats totally NOT what the suit does...

Heh, the Phazon Suit was just an aesthetic thing I wanted to do, I just like how it looks. And I'm not entirely opposed to a mission being made, and would offer to do it if I knew how.

You're more than welcome to do the power-ups, but I may still make some for the fun of it. I was going to do re-colors of the original Metroid power up emblems. I'm also going to do the little in-game header, unless someone else wants to. I'm debating on it depicting Samus' helmet in a forward-facing view as in the SNES game menu, or the classic screw attack "S" emblem.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile WWW

Question 'bout the space pirates...
Do you want them the same size as the rest of the actors in CC, or do you want them the size the're meant to be
(i.e. tall, really tall)

I have included a size comparison for GFS Trooper and Space pirate.

EDIT: My apologies, from this point on I shall post .png or .bmp

Attachments:
File comment: A *cough* size comparison
a size comparison.psd [29.98 KiB]
Downloaded 263 times

Last edited by Tearagion on Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:49 pm

Make them as they are meant to be.

Besides, Samus is as big as she is meant to be...

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 pm

As a sidenote, why would you upload a .psd to the forums? surely a .png would be more appropriate.
And on the space pirates, aren't their grunts fairly small? Haven't played prime in ages but I remember most of the pirates being the same size or smaller than samus. the elite phazon suit guys were a bit bigger if i remember right.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:40 am
Profile WWW

The size is actually rather difficult to judge from the first-person of Prime; however, the only time I've seen Samus and a pirate compared side by side in canon material, the pirate was about two or three feet taller.
The Elites were huge; a story and a half at least. The Omega Pirate was even bigger; about the size of a large church, I believe.

Attachments:
File comment: Rawr, Omega Pirate.
Omega_Pirate.PNG [81.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by Nocifer on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:31 am

Quote:

I have, I think you are confusing suits with balls :???:

For the space pirates:

A tall thin unit might be cool. but they will need to be small enough to fit in the tunnels.

Quote:
Varia might help as resistance to damage and/or Flamer attacks (Or flames in general) or the Gravity which can make Samus jump higher

That sounds good, maybe something like

Gravity suit - low gravity
Light Suit - faster movement
Dark Suit - Slower movement but stronger
Varia Suit - Flamer weapon? and flame proof
Fusion Suit - Metroids do less damage

or something like that.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:32 am

I guess the basic suit could be the Zero Suit, seeing as its meant to be the base.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
I guess the basic suit could be the Zero Suit, seeing as its meant to be the base.

I think the Zero suit should be what you get if Samus dies. There's a spark of light and you're in her Zero suit, like the SNES version, except this time you play as her for a bit. That way you could drop in another suit for her.

none wrote:

That sounds good, maybe something like

Gravity suit - low gravity
Light Suit - faster movement
Dark Suit - Slower movement but stronger
Varia Suit - Flamer weapon? and flame proof
Fusion Suit - Metroids do less damage

or something like that.

I like that idea. Samus had an awesome flamethrower in Metroid Prime that could go with the Varia Suit. Which just leaves what weapons she'll carry. I'm not gung-ho about authenticity, but a few of her trademark weapons would be nice.

The space pirate question really relies on one factor: which pirates? The SNES version or the Prime versions? Or better yet, both. Use the SNES version as a basic soldier, and the Prime version as a heavy. As for their size, that's kind of tricky. Samus is already taller than most other actors, but she's supposed be; she's apparently over 6 feet tall, so if they're going to be taller than her, mobility will become a problem.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile WWW

If you can't make it work then I doubt anyone will blame you for making them smaller.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next