View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
Tearagion wrote:
Mind if I throw in some GFS Marines?

No arguments here.

EDIT: Samus is all but finished, I need to make her hands and animate her feet. I have a few helmets here, you can kinda see her eyes in a few of them, I used the Corruption and Super Metroid versions of the helmet, I kinda prefer the latter. I saw a few small problems when I put her together down at the bottom. Also, I outlined her arms when I put her together at the bottom. I usually don't put black outlines on sprites, it takes away from some of the coloring, and I won't on the final version here because she'll be moving in the game. As a static image her colors blend a bit and it didn't look right unless I did that. Shoulder pads for the Varia suit are included, I just don't know how they're going to be attached yet (as part of the arm sprites, as a separate item over the arms)... That said. Here's what I have. Let me know what you think.

Note: ORANGE SAMUS IS ORANGE. YES. I KNOW. The colors brightened terribly when I saved it as a bitmap. It's something I'm going to have to toy with.

Attachments:
SamusWIP2.PNG [7.54 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:19 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
I don't know how the beam canon arm thing is going to work yet (i.e. if it's going to be a weapon you can pick up or if it's PART of her, or what have you), so for the time being it is unattached.

With weapon joint offset at 0,0 it works well and moves and swivels at the elbow moving with the arm as weapons rotate with the head. So just being standard weapons are fine.

Quote:
I ask because you don't really need all the beams to be gun-like weapons, but it is more "authentic".

Sorry, I thought being all gun like weapons would be a bit boring so the flamer and ice gun are more sprayers then guns.

Edit: Would you guys like me to make the weapons more of a gun type weapons (Authentic) or not?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:49 am

YOOOOO ♥♥♥♥ looks ace. In terms of the helmet, I dislike the palette change to simpler, brighter one, but getting rid of the segmented top of the head was a good move. I was basing it off the Brawl Samus which had that, but yours is way better.

Did you do all of that from scratch? It's really good.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:33 am

I agree; that looks really good. I personally prefer the darker, more angular, and, erm, more realistic helmet designs.

As for GFS troopers, I also found some sprites for that, if anyone wants mine as well.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 am

Alright, Time to work on those Arm Cannons!

Ahh, Lets see... Hmm, Wave Beam

*Looks at palette*

WTF is this no purple bull♥♥♥♥?!?!?!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:19 am

Nocifer wrote:
I agree; that looks really good. I personally prefer the darker, more angular, and, erm, more realistic helmet designs.

As for GFS troopers, I also found some sprites for that, if anyone wants mine as well.

Contrary wrote:
YOOOOO ♥♥♥♥ looks ace. In terms of the helmet, I dislike the palette change to simpler, brighter one, but getting rid of the segmented top of the head was a good move. I was basing it off the Brawl Samus which had that, but yours is way better.

I can darken the helmet and suit easily enough, though again, there is a slight color change when I export it from photoshop, but I can work on fixing that. I prefer the helmet that isn't segmented as well, as otherwise it seems too busy. I actually based the entire thing off of the Super Metroid version with Metroid Zero Mission/Melee colors.

Contrary wrote:
Did you do all of that from scratch? It's really good.

^_^ They indeed are from scratch. Thank you, and I'm glad you think so!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

YAAAARGH

*Face Palm*

As this is my first time making sprites for CC, I, in all of my sheer brilliance, forgot to use the CC Pallet... Yeah. As such, I'm now in the process of re-coloring every sprite I drew. Assuming I don't put my head through a wall, I'll try to get the new stuff up this week.

Okay, had enough time between classes to do a recolor of everything. Trying to get as much done before I have finals come up. Orange Samus is now!!!!. . . . a different color orange.. Not quite as bright, though. Her helmet darkened up when I did the recolor, too. The one of the left is the old one, the right is the recolor. You guys let me know if you think another recolor should be in the works.

Attachments:
samuscolorchange.PNG [2.08 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:42 pm
Profile WWW

none wrote:
Sorry, I thought being all gun like weapons would be a bit boring so the flamer and ice gun are more sprayers then guns.

Edit: Would you guys like me to make the weapons more of a gun type weapons (Authentic) or not?

Don't apologize, you've done great work here, and the sprayers are awesome.

Don't bother with the "authentic" ones if you don't have time (unless you do :wink: )

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Got the GFS ones here 'cause they were easier.

Attachments:
GFSMARINEspritesheet.psd [39.6 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times
Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:57 pm

Tearagion wrote:
none wrote:

Don't apologize, you've done great work here, and the sprayers are awesome.

Don't bother with the "authentic" ones if you don't have time (unless you do :wink: )

I agree. As long as she can kill things effectively, I'm happy. Given how awesome she is in the games, I think she should be able to give a Dummy Behemoth a run for its money.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 pm
Profile WWW

thetophat wrote:
YAAAARGH

*Face Palm*

As this is my first time making sprites for CC, I, in all of my sheer brilliance, forgot to use the CC Pallet... Yeah. As such, I'm now in the process of re-coloring every sprite I drew. Assuming I don't put my head through a wall, I'll try to get the new stuff up this week.

Okay, had enough time between classes to do a recolor of everything. Trying to get as much done before I have finals come up. Orange Samus is now!!!!. . . . a different color orange.. Not quite as bright, though. Her helmet darkened up when I did the recolor, too. The one of the left is the old one, the right is the recolor. You guys let me know if you think another recolor should be in the works.

Hmm, id maybe make those Outlines a bit more Bold and are you planning to make the left arm non-symetrical to the right arm? cause that looks a little messed :P

All in all, pretty fricken sweet though

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:26 am

hey, I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread yet, and there is a good chance this has already been discussed, but I was wondering how the different suits were gonna be handled? I was thinking the easiest way would be to have the Power suit as standard then add the other suits as attachables that are attached by lua when picked up (this was you could make some nice campaign missions where you need to regain your abilities and items etc.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:40 am

Those are some pretty good GFS sprites, and I was also pleasantly surprised to find they're not the ones I have.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom ... heet/17062
Obviously, I haven't put any work into converting them into a more usable form, but I would be glad to, if anyone's interested.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 am

Aah, you weren't using CC palette. That's why it looked so good. [/jealousy]

But yeah, I think that using CC palette killed lots of the sexiness. As Coops said, darker outlines, and I think that it would definitely be valuable if you fiddled with the palette more. Getting the red ramp on my helmet was the most frustrating thing.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:46 am

Coops9753 wrote:

Hmm, id maybe make those Outlines a bit more Bold and are you planning to make the left arm non-symetrical to the right arm? cause that looks a little messed :P

All in all, pretty fricken sweet though

Thank you! I'm actually considering leaving the outlines as they are until I see them in-game. Just placed on top of each other as a static image makes it hard to make out, but as a moving entity I'm hoping she'll look okay. Too bold of an outline will make her look a little cartoony. The arms she has depicted here is one bent and the other extended, with no hand, just as an example. It probably does need to be beefed up a bit, though.

Contrary wrote:
Aah, you weren't using CC palette. That's why it looked so good. [/jealousy]

But yeah, I think that using CC palette killed lots of the sexiness. As Coops said, darker outlines, and I think that it would definitely be valuable if you fiddled with the palette more. Getting the red ramp on my helmet was the most frustrating thing.

-_-' yes, that realization made me quite sad. I'm still going to play with it some more, but it's safe to say that's close to the final product. Glad you liked the original, though! I'm going to do everything I can to maintain said sexiness.

fylth wrote:
hey, I haven't had a chance to read through the entire thread yet, and there is a good chance this has already been discussed, but I was wondering how the different suits were gonna be handled? I was thinking the easiest way would be to have the Power suit as standard then add the other suits as attachables that are attached by lua when picked up (this was you could make some nice campaign missions where you need to regain your abilities and items etc.

I think we were actually considering different actors. I know my next move after I'm finished tweaking the pallet and adding hands and feet is going to be recolors and other suits. I'm aiming for the Fusion, PED, and Phazon suits. Perhaps each will have different abilities? I dunno, we'll have to see what none says. I let the programmer call the shots, I just draws purdy pichurs.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next