View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
ok have finished a metroid.

It chases you down when in range of it, latches to your head and drains your life. It absorbs extra life slowly returning to 100hp from a total of 200hp life absorbed.

I am thinking of making invisible ones that can cloak when within attacking range and reappears when it latches on to you.

or should it cloak in waiting then when in attacking range uncloak?

or alternate from cloak mode to visible for a certain time? - like on off on off light bulb style?

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

LOL! Invisible metroids... those would suck, but would also be a lot of fun. Maybe if they were just kind of dormant until you were in range, or floated aimlessly and couldn't "see" you until you were pretty close? I think they should also be a touch weaker.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Profile WWW

thetophat wrote:
I can do the morph ball as an animation, but don't know enough about lua programming to do anything other than make suggestions. The only thing I can really think of to have it move quickly would either be rolling like you had said or maybe a barely-noticeable hover? I should have the morph ball ready in a few days. Samus herself might take a bit longer to work out all the tiny details and animation kinks.

Maybe you can look into what Abdul Alhazred had done with the wheels on his armored car...

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:26 am

Best music to listen to while doing this:

http://www.metroidmetal.com/songs/

Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Hey tophat how the sprites coming along?

I have almost finshed the metroids. The script has grown from a small one to a huge one lol those floating muppets have to be told what to do with eveything, first they float off screen then need random movement script, then I even have to tell them what an actor is... gee can't think for themself can they. :P

But they are ALOT of fun to play against especially the cloaking ones, its like dum de dum dum dumm.., OH ♥♥♥♥ metroid! BAM. its sucking your brains out man!

I have one more metroid to make its the tallon metroid which can attack dropships and brain cases because of its big claws. Its the only metroid to be able to attack the brain case and brain actors.

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm

none wrote:

I have almost finshed the metroids. The script has grown from a small one to a huge one lol those floating muppets have to be told what to do with eveything, first they float off screen then need random movement script, then I even have to tell them what an actor is... gee can't think for themself can they. :P

But they are ALOT of fun to play against especially the cloaking ones, its like dum de dum dum dumm.., OH ♥♥♥♥ metroid! BAM. its sucking your brains out man!

I have one more metroid to make its the tallon metroid which can attack dropships and brain cases because of its big claws. Its the only metroid to be able to attack the brain case and brain actors.

Care to share?

Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:29 am

Hyperkultra wrote:
Orange Samus is Orange.

EDIT: Dang ninja'd. Or he could do that. OR he could use preexisting Varia Suit sprites from Super Metroid, godking of all Metroid games.

I have begun to split up and recolour the power suit sprites, you can use them if you would like them.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Sorry about the lack of updates, I pulled a 4 day work weekend with 2 of the days being 12 hour shifts before jumping back into school where upon I was greeted with tests in genetics, cal II, and toxicology. :-o

I'll have some good sprites for you within the next day or two.

Also, I actually tried using sprites from Super Metroid the first time, but they just wouldn't work. I intended to take the easy way out and went through sprites of every Metroid game that I could find but they either wouldn't resize properly, or didn't look right. What started as a few modifications to a Zero Mission Samus sprite turned into me erasing the entire thing and doing it from scratch.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 am
Profile WWW

The metroids are turning out great so far... Just putting that out there

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 am

Could someone pm me when the samus thing is finished. I most likely won't be checking this forum that often but would love if someone would pm me when its done.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:26 pm
Profile YIM

Ha. The addition of the Zero Laser ( link ) would be hilarious. Working on Samus leg animations now, I've messed around with the helmet, but still like my original. Maybe I'll just make 6 or 7 and let folks choose. Read a post in here earlier asking for Phazon Suit Samus - seeing as how it's one of my favorites, I see it happening (eventually). Until then, here is why I could not use the usual CC side view for Samus. Obviously it is missing detail because I ditched it before I added them.

Edit:
Yeah, I lied. No Samus legs tonight. Have a Morphball!

Attachments:
oldsamus.png [1.88 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
morphball.PNG [609 Bytes]
Not downloaded yet
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:41 am
Profile WWW

Update, Update, Update....

A quick hello still working on this update.

Weapons:
Digger: Digs, yeah.

Flamer: Sets targets on fire. Burns.

Ice Beam: slows target down.

Charge Beam: Hold down trigger to charge up your shot.

Wide Beam: Like a shotgun.

Sharp Beam: Sniper weapon.

MBB(Mini Ball Bomb) launcher: Grenade launcher.

I may do alt fire for Ice beam and flamer, it would be kinda like a charge shot insta-kill thing maybe.
We shall see.

Pics of digger and flamer.

**Note: Nothing is final yet so tell us if you want anything changed. Also Samus in the picture is not the final actor just one I am playing around with for coding purposes.**

Attachments:
Guns.bmp
Guns.bmp [ 241.67 KiB | Viewed 4513 times ]
Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 am

*Above*

Looks really cool but when your done and you release it, release in mod release because its that cool, could you sprite the body better. I don't know it just doesn't have enough detail.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:17 am
Profile YIM

Joesycop wrote:
*Above*

Looks really cool but when your done and you release it, release in mod release because its that cool, could you sprite the body better. I don't know it just doesn't have enough detail.

i agree with joesycop@ , this looks so coll i,v been checking this every day to see your guys posts, this looks like its going to be the best mod ever!

Coops9753 wrote:
none wrote:

Care to share?

i would like him to share too...

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:53 am

Did you make the head bigger? In my opinion it looks ugly.
But hey, it's your mod, sprite it as you wish.
Otherwise it looks pretty damn good.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next