View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Tired of Failed Attempts at Burst Fire. Help Me? 

Post Re: Tired of Failed Attempts at Burst Fire. Help Me?
It's fine. Good luck with your finals, I've had 2 papers in the last week, but I'm in NZ so it's a different story to yours, not quite as dire. Looking forward to seeing how far you get with this, have you got any programming experience at all or are you playing all this by ear?

Also, Coops, the problem with a 3-round mag/clip/whatever you're loading is that you reload between each volley, so you have what appears to be an infinite mag (or you're loading 3 round clips between shots, which seems suboptimal..), which isn't the aim.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 am
Profile WWW

As for realistic recoil, Abdul Alhazred has made one in the mod dump and there was another one before it, if memory serves.
EDIT: Here.
Good luck on your finals, too.

Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:49 am
Profile WWW

Geti wrote:
Looking forward to seeing how far you get with this, have you got any programming experience at all or are you playing all this by ear?

None whatsoever. I plan on learning from others mainly as I start out, which is what this mod was basically about.

Speaking of my mod.... here it is. It was done yesterday, but those finals...:grin:

It has 2 modes, single and burst fire. Swap with Z. Balanced IMO, no one-hit-kills with this baby.

This should be a good example gun for all future people wanting to learn burst, as well as complicated muzzleflash effects

P.S. I did not personally code much of what is in the release, so please give credit where it is due:

-Credit goes to Whitty for use of his Heavy sniper code that taught me about emitters. (granted I removed the explosive rounds) Very Helpful. It was also the muzzle effects from this mod that I altered into the ones you see here

--Credit goes to CaveCricket48 for his BurstSMG that totally pointed me in the right direction in approaching burst fire, and also his amazing luas that allowed me to merge my two guns "CrazyHorse"(originally full auto) and "CrazyHorse Burst" together into one.

---Credit goes to Gotcha!, creator of the Unitec faction, for his original HK 21 gun sprite

----Credit also goes to the creator of Bear Federation for original inspiration and the sound file for the gun, and for the ModuleIcon I based this one off of.

Without the contributions these amazing modders have made to the community I would have had nothing to go on. Thank you

Additional thanks to those on the forums that helped answer my questions and find the right files. (You know who you are)

Attachments:
File comment: Works as its own .rte
CrazyHorse.rte.rar [157.61 KiB]
Downloaded 149 times
ScreenDump011.bmp
ScreenDump011.bmp [ 396.3 KiB | Viewed 1412 times ]
Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2