View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
@William AND STUFF

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:48 am

William98 wrote:
1. First of all, you would need to make the arm at the elbow and make her start out with the arm cannon as a weapon. (you could get the other arm cannons by buying them in the guns tab)
2. The arm cannon would have to be able to charge up and change shape as doing so (as in the game)
3. You should also make the left arm start with a energy grapple beam(I don't know how you would aim it though :()
4. You would have to move the jetpack up (as in the game)
5. Make her Gunship.
6.(optional) You could also make the different suits i.e. Power Suit, Varia Suit, Gravity Suit, Fusion Suit, UAM 1, Phazon Suit, Dark Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, Hazard Shield Suit, Zero Suit
7.(optional) you could also do the morph ball
8.(optional) Add other things from the game (like mother brain, metroid prime, space pirates)
9.I don't think the different visors matter, but feel free to put them in! :grin:

Number 1, 2, 4 and 5 can be done via usual .ini coding and a few frames of animation. Number 3 could be done via sparkle magic (alt fire thing), 6 is way too much work for any of us modders, 7 would be kinda hacky if someone would think up the lua, 8 uses same reason as 6, 9 is easy if it's just graphical, very very hard if you're talking vision modes.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW

William98 wrote:
1. First of all, you would need to make the arm at the elbow and make her start out with the arm cannon as a weapon. (you could get the other arm cannons by buying them in the guns tab)
2. The arm cannon would have to be able to charge up and change shape as doing so (as in the game)
3. You should also make the left arm start with a energy grapple beam(I don't know how you would aim it though :()
5. Make her Gunship.
6.(optional) You could also make the different suits i.e. Power Suit, Varia Suit, Gravity Suit, Fusion Suit, UAM 1, Phazon Suit, Dark Suit, Light Suit, PED Suit, Hazard Shield Suit, Zero Suit
8.(optional) Add other things from the game (like mother brain, metroid prime, space pirates)
9.I don't think the different visors matter, but feel free to put them in! :grin:

Change all 'you should' to 'please'. You don't pay modders to mod you know.

Other than that, yes, I would like to see metroid stuff in CC too.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:08 pm

carriontrooper wrote:
William98 wrote:
5. Make her Gunship.

Number 1, 2, 4 and 5 can be done via usual .ini coding and a few frames of animation. Number 3 could be done via sparkle magic (alt fire thing), 6 is way too much work for any of us modders, 7 would be kinda hacky if someone would think up the lua, 8 uses same reason as 6, 9 is easy if it's just graphical, very very hard if you're talking vision modes.

you could do different actors, couldn't you?

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 am

It takes work man.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:13 am

dragonxp wrote:
It takes work man.

well of course, I did not not say it didn't.

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:41 am

Well, I guess, nobody will make it :dead:

Indeed, as are most of the requests in this section.
While I'm here, please be more judicious in your use of smilies. -Duh

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 am

Another Pointless and fruitless necro.

And at the same time passing the smiley limit of 3.

A report would have sufficed dragon, thanks. -Duh

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:45 am

I'm actually working on sprites of this in my spare time. I started it before I found this thread =_O
Weird. I'm working on the red ship from metroid: zero mission as a drop ship, halfway through making all the gibs. I was planning to have more than one kind of Samus (regular gun, rockets, plasma, etc.). Wasn't planning on a ball samus, I can't see a place for that in cc? Anyway, I can make sprites well enough, but I can't program any further than I can throw my computer. If anyone was willing to script it, I'll post what I make up here as often as I can.

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:28 am
Profile WWW

That took WAY longer than it should have. I'm mostly finished with the dropship. The idea being that the outer-most part of the wings move a little bit (though not more than a few degrees). I'm going to make some more gibs and I'm thinking of splitting the hull into 3 pieces instead of 2. I like the idea of giant chunks of metal for that because I figure a heavy duty ship like that should cause damage even when it's going down. It'd also be fun if maybe the bits of glass did more damage than normal, but whatever.
Next up is Samus. I was going to just use the SNES or GBA sprites, but they were either too small or there were a number of other things wrong with them. It started out with only a custom helmet... then a torso.. then the blaster, so the entire thing is going to have to be built like to achieve the right look. Torso might need work, and the legs were annoying me so I called it a day.
Let me know what you think, I'd really like to see this get off the ground. If anyone wants to volunteer to script it, that'd be awesome. Also, feel free to use these in anyway you like; I just ask that if you do, you send me a message and let me see what it's being used for. Credit would be nice, also, but I'm not picky.

Attachments:
File comment: :P
zeromissiongunshipCC.PNG
zeromissiongunshipCC.PNG [ 26.09 KiB | Viewed 4771 times ]
Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 am
Profile WWW

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=16863&start=30

Sorry beat you to it :P

Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 pm

I better call Mario, I just got 1 up'd.

Nice, I'll give it a DL later and play with it. I'm still gonna work on Samus, however! ^_^ Maybe I can make a few more changes to the dropship I'm working on and make my own just for fun. Good work, though!

Worked on Samus' torso a bit, I noticed that in all of the GB games, she has a hunched over stance, so I moved some pixels around and changed it to that. Finally got some legs that I'm proud of, but now I'm not happy with the arms. This is a size comparison of what she'll look like next to a dummy. A tad taller, but she's in a frikkin space suit, so what can you expect? -_-' The first few tries were actually much, much larger. Also, the colors didn't come out quite right in this preview. I'll fix it later.

Attachments:
samus example.PNG [1.76 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:35 pm
Profile WWW

Good work.
Though you could make the red metal border around the visor a bit darker to simulate a kind of seam.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:59 am
Profile WWW

Cool, Your spite work is very nice.

I hope you finish the dropship, its funny how two people can make the same thing in a different way.

I am going to muck around with making metroids, which should be quite funny.

Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Well in that case, would you be interested in tackling a Metroid mod together?

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next