View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
 Metroid 

Post Re: Metroid
I thought the Magma Cannon in prime shot a laser of Magma... not some kind of flamer. Speak of, why is there confusion my suggestion of the varia suit being RESISTANT TO A FLAMER ATTACK then again how would you put that through Lua. How 'bout just resistance to damage. Also i think the Fusion suit should be weak against damage but no damage from metroids, or when your near the metroids attack the enemy instead of you...

thetophat we should make a Phazon Suit just for looks and keep it only for the team :wink:

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:42 am

Another question...
While you're on topic with the PED suit, would you like me to adjust the GFS marines to be PED Marines?
Pirates, meanwhile, are being tricky.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:27 am

why not just make a copy and make em both?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:31 am

Coops9753 wrote:
I thought the Magma Cannon in prime shot a laser of Magma... not some kind of flamer. Speak of, why is there confusion my suggestion of the varia suit being RESISTANT TO A FLAMER ATTACK then again how would you put that through Lua. How 'bout just resistance to damage. Also i think the Fusion suit should be weak against damage but no damage from metroids, or when your near the metroids attack the enemy instead of you...

thetophat we should make a Phazon Suit just for looks and keep it only for the team :wink:

I thought it was already said that the varia suit would be resistant to fire? Flame Thrower was the name, spraying magma was the game, but flames will work just fine here. No metroid damage would take half the fun out of it, but upped resistance would probably prove useful. I managed to find a mix of proper reds for Samus' helmet, so here's the current recolor. I've got a full weekend, won't be back til next week.

Attachments:
File comment: Still sexy?
SamusRecolor2.PNG [3.62 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:44 am
Profile WWW

huh... i was almost POSITIVE that it shot a laser of magma :roll:, oh well... well i still think that metroids atleast should'nt even attack the fusion suit... Cause the beta im working on with none, Once the metroid is on you... you can't get it off lol. Unless you've got a trophy for button mashing and ferice spazzing out with controls, you might be lucky enough to crush it in the ground...

EDIT: and Samus looks MUCH better, good job

Still havent started those power ups though yet... anyone got suggestions with a design? i tried to improvise and be a little creative but i cant think of much :-(

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:18 am

why not use the sprites of metroid fusion, when you get a new suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggDpRRiGJAc

right around 5:15

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:24 am

Quote:
Give me veria suit haha

WTF is that it looks like a spazed out amoeba.

I like it!

Quote:
Speak of, why is there confusion my suggestion of the varia suit being RESISTANT TO A FLAMER ATTACK then again how would you put that through Lua.

Eeeezzzz peasy very easy to do.

Do you want flame proof or flame resistant?

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:32 pm

thetophat wrote:
Still sexy?

Yes. I'd hit it.

The style seems a little inconsistent in places though, but that's just nitpicking. The morph ball looks a lot different from the normal armour pieces; they should be the same, right? And the cannon, while beautiful, is a little too shiny and soft to fit in with the rest. It looks good, but it would draw too much attention in-game.

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 pm

Contrary wrote:
The style seems a little inconsistent in places though, but that's just nitpicking. The morph ball looks a lot different from the normal armour pieces; they should be the same, right? And the cannon, while beautiful, is a little too shiny and soft to fit in with the rest. It looks good, but it would draw too much attention in-game.

Noticed that myself, I fixed the cannon last night, but it's on my other computer. If I get a free minute I'll upload it this weekend.

Coops9753 wrote:
well i still think that metroids atleast should'nt even attack the fusion suit... Cause the beta im working on with none, Once the metroid is on you... you can't get it off lol. Unless you've got a trophy for button mashing and ferice spazzing out with controls, you might be lucky enough to crush it in the ground...

EDIT: and Samus looks MUCH better, good job

Still havent started those power ups though yet... anyone got suggestions with a design? i tried to improvise and be a little creative but i cant think of much :-(

Ha, the metroids sound both fun and like a nightmare. Is it possible to use another actor to shoot it off of the person it's attached to?

Glad you like the sprites, still a bit more tweaking, but I'm getting there.
As for the power ups, Samus is so close to being done that those sprites shouldn't take much time, so I'll take care of them.

Also, I like what I've seen of the marines and the pirates, but the only problem posed by them are dropships. We already have Samus' gunship, what would they drop out of? I found these:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom ... heet/17079

EDIT: Looks like the upgrades just got easier, I'll just have to e-mail some people and ask for permission to use and do a little re-coloring.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom ... heet/23198

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

thetophat wrote:
Ha, the metroids sound both fun and like a nightmare. Is it possible to use another actor to shoot it off of the person it's attached to?

Yes they do 'Attach'

In fact.. i think the only way you can probably get the darn things off is shooting it of... maybe we can make that possible with the Arm Cannon?

thetophat wrote:
EDIT: Looks like the upgrades just got easier, I'll just have to e-mail some people and ask for permission to use and do a little re-coloring.

Ahh, Perfect. I can do them, dont worry Unless you insist ;)

I can probably wip something up with those...

Thx

This is coming together REALLY nicely!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 am

you can shake them off with samus in ball mode just spin really fast and they flick off. (sometimes)

I also have samus drop ballbombs in ball mode which you can blast the metroids off.

also if the ai shoot the metroids off you they don't just stop at the metroid they must believe metroids are infectious?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:11 am

none wrote:
you can shake them off with samus in ball mode just spin really fast and they flick off. (sometimes)

I also have samus drop ballbombs in ball mode which you can blast the metroids off.

also if the ai shoot the metroids off you they don't just stop at the metroid they must believe metroids are infectious?

that sound sweet :)
in metroid prime the only way to get them off in ball mode with bombs.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:17 pm

thetophat wrote:
Also, I like what I've seen of the marines and the pirates, but the only problem posed by them are dropships. We already have Samus' gunship, what would they drop out of?

I have an answer (to the pirates at least):
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... 25/ATC.png

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:49 pm

or you could give them the space coffins/boarding pods as like a drop crate style delivery

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 pm

Coops9753 wrote:
thetophat wrote:

Ahh, Perfect. I can do them, dont worry Unless you insist ;)

I can probably wip something up with those...

Thx

This is coming together REALLY nicely!

By all means, my friend! I found another sheet that might help if you haven't already seen it:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gamebo ... sheet/8846

I'll finish up on our leading lady and her recolors. Do we have any finalized pirates and/or marines? Also while I'm at it, I was considering making a Mother Brain (or just a recolor of the Super Metroid version). Perhaps she could be made into a brain that can defend itself by shooting lasers/missiles, etc?

That said, this is a recap of (to my knowledge) what's going to be in this mod:

• Samus - Zero and Power suits
  • Samus dropship - if you don't already have Bingo!
  • Samus' Power-ups -Varia, Fusion, and Gravity suits (possibly Phazon as well or just a recolor)
  • Metroids
  • Space Pirates
  • Marines
  • Possibly dropships for Marines and Space Pirates

Do we want to add any more items to our grocery list?
None, is there a possibility that we could have Zero Suit Samus be exposed should the fully armored Samus' health reach zero?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 233 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next