View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Modular weapon base gun thing 

Post Modular weapon base gun thing
I had this idea when playing star wars republic commando. now if anyone has played the game you'd know the coolest gun in the game is the default gun. it's a laser rifle looking thing with two attachment slots and three sets of attachments.

so without any of the attachments it's just a hunk of metal but put on the sniper barrel and sniper magazine and you got yourself a sniper rifle, put on the assault barrel and assault magazine and you got yourself an SMG/assault rifle, finally you put on the explosive/anti armor barrel (there's no magazine you load it from the back, it's a single shot sort of deal) you have a grenade launcher.

i do know deep down in my heart this is awesome, i love utilitarian modular weapon systems that can be primed for any situation in a matter of seconds.

you could add a function to the pie menu to change attachments and the character using the weapon would go into its reload animation (last i knew when you reload your character's off hand spins around) while it swaps out parts.

what would be insanely awesome is if we could get the AI to use the different attachments as well. i'm guessing you could set up parameters so like when engaging an enemy at normal range it uses the assault attachment, at long range the sniper attachment and against groups or heavy troops/armor the explosive attachment.

just an idea

oh, and ps, i like bullpups, so if i just gave you this idea and make it a bullpup if you wish plox :grin:

Last edited by NeoSeeker on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 am

Post Re: Modular weapon base gun thing
This is something that a lot of people have wanted to see for a long time, and with some of the newer Lua functions, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw it happen before long.

Personally, I'm waiting to attempt it until pie menus slices are accessible to modders, which apparently will be fairly soon.

Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:55 am

I'm currently making a rifle that can shoot different kinds of ammo, has an underslung light flamethrower and can call down artillery strikes (if you have artillery). It will also have realistic recoil.
I'll release it there soon: edit: released
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=25172
Here is a video of me testing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unebwv6o ... r_embedded

Last edited by Mehman on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 pm

Mehman, you are out of control. :grin: I so damn envy all you lua wizards.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:11 pm

sweet jesus.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Gotcha! wrote:
I so damn envy all you lua wizards.

It's not as if you have to have it in your blood or something. Fiddle with some scripts and try to make some neat stuff of your own, that's what I did, and I've managed to cobble together some decent stuff, despite zero knowledge of scripting before CC had Lua.

Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]