View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Just a dust ? 

Post Just a dust ?
Can someone make that when actor or any other object falls,that it make a "dust cloud" on impact place(dirt)?
If yes i assume that it will need to be implemented so that actor "release" that cloud...Or terrain?

Well,i have seen a great thing whit some mod,where a rocket and dropship make some dust whit the thrusters even when they are pretty high.And you can see the dust only near terrain,not between the thrusters and terrain.But i assume it works on some totally different principal :s

You guys are so smart :( Why is this so hard?

Tue May 10, 2011 5:08 pm

Post Re: Just a dust ?
The "dust" from thrusters of dropships and rockets are most likely invisible MOSParticles being emitted that gib into dust particles when they hit the ground. For other actors, you could probably have a script cast a ray and detect when the actor is/isn't on the ground and spawn particles appropriately.

If someone whips me up some nice dust clouds (same way the pyro MOSParticle effects are done) I can get a script up.

Tue May 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Ermmm,you mean "animation"?
So files are made ;Dust001,Dust002,Dust003...Dustsmall001,Dustsmall002...?
I really want this to happen,cause i think it will add some great effects to it.I will go and start learning about sprites,pixel art or what ever i need to learn to make this! :D

You made me so happy now! THANK YOU!

Wed May 11, 2011 11:40 am

can you just tell me what size should it be? :S Sry,i was really reading tutorials,but after 2 hours i am lost...I made couple of images but i dont know how big they should be!
This should be that first impact dust layer near to the impact...
Sry,i fell so bad now :(

Need Cheatz :oops:

EDIT:Ok,found another tutorial and now i see that it is not good...Il try to do it in paint,as photoshop "helps" me too much.
I cant believe that i can fix a crashed car and make it like new,but i cant draw couple of good pictures lol.

EDIT EDIT:Deleted uploaded images.

Last edited by HA1TER on Fri May 13, 2011 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Erm, those sprites need to be trimmed down.

Anyways,
Attachment:
Dust Dummy.rte.rar [851 Bytes]
Downloaded 152 times

In the script, "self.minSpeed" on line 3 determines what speed the actor hsa to be in order to create the dust effect on landing. On line 29, "local dustFX = CreateMOSParticle("Main Thruster Blast Ball 1");" is where you put in the PresetName of the MOSParticle to use as the dust effect (it's set to "Main Thruster Blast Ball 1" right now).

Thu May 12, 2011 11:44 pm

Ok,i will trim them XD Just wanted to ask if the "dust" look ok lol.Made couple more frames.Working on big ones now.I will post again when i finish everything...So it is not important if it is 64*64,100*100 or 128*64? Or does it need to be power of 2 all the time?I missed something i guess.
Really sry for disturbing you guys :oops:

EDIT:Erm,i will buy you all a beer and you can slap me as hard as you want BUT...where do i place my images and do i leave the image names as they are and just change the name in ("Main Thruster Blast Ball 1") to (Dustsmall001) and will it read all frames?
It has 7 frames for now...
Do you hate me? :-(

EDIT EDIT:I found the line,and now it works,but not as i wished,at all lol.I see the pink color as white and the dust is white so i don`t see it...Why isnt that pink transparent :s I used the color from the palette in base.rte! Then i trimmed it down.It goes thru all the frames,maybe a bit fast and it is too much under terrain.Also now all my effects are screwd...Any way to fix it?Help?

Attachments:
Efektisjebani1.bmp [134.09 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Efektisjebani2.bmp [18.96 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Last edited by HA1TER on Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 am

You have to create a new MOSParticle and give it the sprites you want it to have.

Fri May 13, 2011 4:45 pm

CaveCricket48 wrote:
You have to create a new MOSParticle and give it the sprites you want it to have.

Can you delete this thread?
I am so confused right now.Spent 4 hours searching and reading and NOW i don`t know anything :cry: .(cant imagine how was to you guys :O)
I just hope that one day someone will have time and will to make it.
I need a smoke...*goes out,take a can of gasoline,pours it on himself and lights a cigarette..."

Fri May 13, 2011 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]