View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 05, 2024 3:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 I need help with a weapon's script: UPDATE 

Post I need help with a weapon's script: UPDATE
Hello everyone (if there's really anyone there reading my request, jaja), I'm a noob in this thing of making mods.
So, I've been creating a simple weapon (very simple), to get used to with the scripting, spriting, etc, and when I tried to test it, the game came out with this error "Abortion in file .\System\Reader.cpp, line 531, because: Could not match property in RifleLeopardo.rte/Devices/RL/RL.ini at line 2! The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp' ". I checked the line 2 and there's nothing wrong, but obviously there a bunch of mistakes that I've made that are bothering me.

Here's the whole folder, with the new RL.ini

Attachment:
RifleLeopardo.rte.rar [136.16 KiB]
Downloaded 168 times

Last edited by Leopard2 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:36 am

Post Re: I need help with a weapon's script
Your Coding is using spaces and is using too many. You've got the right Idea going on but use a Tab instead of spaces.

That should Help.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 am

You appear to be using spaces instead of tabs. Press the tab key instead of pressing space a lot of times.
EDIT: Ninja'd

Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:20 am
Profile WWW

Coops9753 wrote:
Your Coding is using spaces and is using too many. You've got the right Idea going on but use a Tab instead of spaces.

That should Help.

Thank you very much, man. Like I supposed, it was a typical noob mistake, jajaja. I'll check the coding.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:41 pm

411570N3 wrote:
You appear to be using spaces instead of tabs. Press the tab key instead of pressing space a lot of times.

Thanks a lot, dude. I'll fix my spaces problem. Oh, I almost forgot it, one silly question: Do I have to rewrite all? or there's another way to change those spaces for tabs?

Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Leopard2 wrote:
411570N3 wrote:

Thanks a lot, dude. I'll fix my spaces problem. Oh, I almost forgot it, one silly question: Do I have to rewrite all? or there's another way to change those spaces for tabs?

Sadly, yes, you must use manual when dealing with tabs. One thing that would help is the 'find' command, which could detect triple spaces, which you could promptly replace with a tab.

Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW

carriontrooper wrote:
Leopard2 wrote:
411570N3 wrote:

Sadly, yes, you must use manual when dealing with tabs. One thing that would help is the 'find' command, which could detect triple spaces, which you could promptly replace with a tab.

Hey dude, sorry to bother you once again, but I replaced all the spaces por tabs and now it says " Property name wasn't followed by a value in RifleLeopardo.rte/Devices/RL/RL.ini at line 2". This thing is driving me crazy! jajaja. So if you can tell what mistake I'm making now, I'll be grateful.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:53 pm

We'd need to know Line 2 of your code.
It would help if we had the new .ini and your .rte

Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:28 pm

Post Re: I need help with a weapon's script: UPDATE
Scrap the .ini, make a new one.

As bad as that sounds. Dont copy and paste the entire code onto the new one, it wont fix that. You gotta start off with an entirely new .ini

I could be wrong though, but through my experiences, this problem was usually fixed by that.

Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Coops9753 wrote:
Scrap the .ini, make a new one.

As bad as that sounds. Dont copy and paste the entire code onto the new one, it wont fix that. You gotta start off with an entirely new .ini

I could be wrong though, but through my experiences, this problem was usually fixed by that.

Roger that, man. I'll rewrite everything.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:41 am

Don't use notepad, use a more modern text editor with indentation aid and intelligent replace. Seriously, if they were all lined up in notepad you could have counted however many spaces were visually equal to a tab and replaced that many spaces with a tab across all documents, which would've saved you a lot of time.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]