View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Napalm-spraying missiles 

Post Napalm-spraying missiles
So, i have that relatively cool idea for a missile launcher. After three or maybe five seconds of flight, the missile continuously sprays napalm for two seconds (timings are approximate, of course), creating a "napalm blanket" covering a wide area, and after expelling all napalm either explodes or falls to the ground (or maybe both). More powerful, napalm-scattering explosion if missile impacts something before activating would be a nice addition.

The problem is that i have zero coding or pixelart skills. I would be glad if someone made that weapon.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Post Re: Napalm-spraying missiles
This sounds like a cool weapon. I'll maybe tackle it when I have time, Today or Tomorrow.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 pm

I like the idea, I made a "rocket"...
You know what would be incredibly cool? make player able to control the rocket meanwhile fly.
Cavecricket released something that would skip you 9,3 of 10 terrible coding hours.

Attachment:
File comment: already in pallete (^w^)
Pepinaco.rar [11.68 KiB]
Downloaded 159 times

[EDIT] Coops, don't leave for tomorrow what you can do today :P

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:29 pm

Yeah sure I'll try it now.. Thanks for the trouble of spriting it for me. Although I still have to do the Cannon.

EDIT: here it is, Right now its just a proof of Concept, so no sounds or anything but it describes what you want.

Its bassically like a morter right now, I couldn't get it to go the right direction but it still works.

Attachment:
NapalmLauncher.rte.rar [15.92 KiB]
Downloaded 162 times

Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Coops9753 wrote:
Yeah sure I'll try it now.. Thanks for the trouble of spriting it for me. Although I still have to do the Cannon.

EDIT: here it is, Right now its just a proof of Concept, so no sounds or anything but it describes what you want.

Its bassically like a morter right now, I couldn't get it to go the right direction but it still works.

I've checked it out, and even as is, it works excellent. There was a bit of a problem: i'm currently using vanilla version of CC, and there's no "RedBiggie" glow in it, so i had to manually change it. You may want to adress that. The napalm itself also needs a bit of tweaking: currently it's too powerful (shreds dropships like nobody's business), and i forgot to mention i'd like it to stay on the ground for some time, if that's not too hard to code. I've intended it as a sort of "area-denial" weapon :-P

Thanks again.

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:46 pm

Curse you coop, you cannot have that kind of cool avatar and leave spriting to me :sad:
I added some choopy-do glows, sprited a custom launcher, custom offsets and burning lua propiety of shook.

Napalm-Launcher being shot upon organics and plastics.
(very balanced inside my opinion...)

Napalm-Launcher being shot against armored apollo BBQ in the zombie garden.

Feel free to release it on proper place, allow me this advice:
don't call it "Napalm-faction.rte" and do the release in "Mod release" it wouldn't the first time...

Attachments:
File comment: Something more?
NapalmLauncher.rte.rar [74.75 KiB]
Downloaded 171 times
Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:28 am

That new version is almost perfect, although still a bit overpowered compared to vanilla weapons. Now all it needs (if i'm not asking for too much) is for missile to go in a straight line and to brick itself, falling to the ground as an inert chunk of metal, at cutoff range.

As for release, i believe one of you should take credit for it, as i myself didn't do any actual work on it.

Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 am

Comrade General wrote:
That new version is almost perfect, although still a bit overpowered compared to vanilla weapons. Now all it needs (if i'm not asking for too much) is for missile to go in a straight line and to brick itself, falling to the ground as an inert chunk of metal, at cutoff range.

As for release, i believe one of you should take credit for it, as i myself didn't do any actual work on it.

It kills one of my new mechs per shoot :cry: damn! you can mess around with lua, it would reduce damage.
And you only have to reduce the time of napalm emitted and add a mosrotating
with the sprite of final chunk what must transform into terrain...

Hey, at least you're honest :wink:

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]