View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Iji Nanogun 

Post Iji Nanogun
For those of you that have played the game Iji, I would like to request the nanogun that Iji wields. If it is possible, it would be great to somehow implement Lua to make it possible to use all of the different weapon types in a single gun. If not, a separate gun for each type of weapon would suffice. I imagine that the sprites would not be too difficult to make, as the gun has a simple blocky design. To those who will take up this project, I thank you in advance. Whee.

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:39 pm

Post Re: Iji Nanogun
I'd personally love to have a nanogun, but I'm not entirely sure this is possible with Lua. I mean, there are scripts for alternate fire/multiple firing modes, sure, but I've never seen any weapons with more than two modes, and Iji's nanogun had a total of 16!

Of course, I'm also pretty ignorant of Lua, so maybe the actual script isn't that tough to make :P

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 am

See: 3 modes.

With the way my multi-mode scripts work, you could have one thousand modes if you really wanted. If you've used the template before, you should have a pretty good understanding on how it works and how to change it to work with as many modes as you like.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:15 am

thats possible, but hard.
i saw a mod called 'Trigun',thats a gun that uses shotgun,sniper and ar on one only gun.
search
ask
and try :)

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Location: [Insert ominous, personally significant and extremely obvious location Here, e.g. behind you]
Just say 'IF [buttonA] is pressed THEN switch mode'. Fairly simple. Just define the modes at the start of the script. Of course, I don't code Lua, so it isn't too simple up close for me.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

I'll be spriting some Iji stuff for CC, and I'll post them here when each is done. Mostly actors and weapons.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:15 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]